Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Idiot who caught COVID back in August, and who was out a week a while beck because his wife caught it, is working from home the rest of the week because his daughter is "sick." His daughter is high school aged. Dude has clearly been exposed to COVID again.

Maybe it's just how secretive my workplace is about COVID, but it seems like the same people keep getting exposed (or catching it) over and over again.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

:eyepop:

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe

im sitting in my office with the corsi box going & the door shut and i can still hear my coworkers coughing over it

they won

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Pingui posted:

The priorities are pretty clear.

Emphasized the key point of this juxtaposition.

The funds have a survival rate of ninety‐nine point nine four percent.

Sounds mild and endemic. What’s the big deal?

Ayin
Jan 6, 2010

Have a great day.

Arivia posted:

i'm really excited for everyone else to get long covid or die of covid because that means the entire world will be accommodating to covid mush brains like mine and i won't have to feel so slow or bad any more
:same: except my brain was mush before covid

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Ayin posted:

:same: except my brain was mush before covid

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

tbh we won't notice any change in leadership due to long covid because they're all so old it'd be impossible to separate from their other age-related maladies

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it’s that time again

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Chamale posted:

I almost missed the milestone!

https://i.imgur.com/TDgDL64.mp4

(has sound)

lmao

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

euphronius posted:

it’s that time again

No other variant is ever gonna get a name if BA.2 isn’t

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Chamale posted:

I almost missed the milestone!

https://i.imgur.com/TDgDL64.mp4

(has sound)

I am eager to post the NYTimes front page for 1 million because it will be even more pathetic than 900,000, but their tracker still has us at 970k.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Thoguh posted:

No other variant is ever gonna get a name if BA.2 isn’t

We all need to start calling it Badass 2 so they stop even identifying new strains

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Chad Sexington posted:

even more pathetic than 900,000

It will be tough, but I have confidence that the Grey Lady can sink to the occasion.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Þe Olde Case Map

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

My brother's family was overcome by Omicron three weeks ago. Both parents are teachers, the two girls are...iirc 10 and 12. Parents fully vaxxed + boostered, both kids vaxxed two times. One of the girls popped positive, then the rest. Three of four cases symptomatic, only the youngest one had nearly no symptons.

Now, three weeks later, all PCR-negative, all three who were symptomatic still have symptons. Headache, fatigue etc. The older girl is in no condition to play soccer at the moment due to overall condition, has trouble keeping awake through a school day since she went back to school. My brother has high blood pressure all of a sudden. His wife still doesn't feel well and has headaches.

Really cool that Omicron is mild.

e: oh, we also have the highest number of cases since the beginning of the pandemic, and of course the most important mandates are dropped right now. Open Scholz.

New Found Power
Aug 18, 2005

As in atom bomb... As in nuclear fission.. As in the end of the world.

fosborb posted:

*running into the room, desperately out of breath* he's with jod now!

:f5h::five:

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

look there are going to be some outliers,

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

tuo posted:

My brother's family was overcome by Omicron three weeks ago. Both parents are teachers, the two girls are...iirc 10 and 12. Parents fully vaxxed + boostered, both kids vaxxed two times. One of the girls popped positive, then the rest. Three of four cases symptomatic, only the youngest one had nearly no symptons.

Now, three weeks later, all PCR-negative, all three who were symptomatic still have symptons. Headache, fatigue etc. The older girl is in no condition to play soccer at the moment due to overall condition, has trouble keeping awake through a school day since she went back to school. My brother has high blood pressure all of a sudden. His wife still doesn't feel well and has headaches.

e: oh, we also have the highest number of cases since the beginning of the pandemic, and of course the most important mandates are dropped right now. Open Scholz.

Sorry about your family. It is disgusting what is being done to the public. Guessing teachers don't get much sick leave?

edit: also that poor girl should not be back in school if she can't stay awake

Nocturtle fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Mar 24, 2022

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Nocturtle posted:

Guessing teachers don't get much sick leave?

they already get summers off, now you want them to take off for the winter sniffles too??

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Chad Sexington posted:

I am eager to post the NYTimes front page for 1 million because it will be even more pathetic than 900,000, but their tracker still has us at 970k.
I give it a 20% chance it makes it above the fold

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Nocturtle posted:

Sorry about your family. It is disgusting what is being done to the public. Guessing teachers don't get much sick leave?

edit: also that poor girl should not be back in school if she can't stay awake

Thanks!

Both parents actually got a pretty long sick leave, like three weeks (not the „no symptoms? Go back after five days *whipcrack). My brother decided to go back teaching as soon as he was PCR-negative two times, though, as he could handle his symptoms.

The girl also wanted to go back as soon as possible, she was not forced, neither of them. At least it made some „*shrug, we are all gonna get it anyway“-people in my greater family made rethink their opinion.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

This may have been posted but gently caress it I have to work at the office again so I can't keep up

https://twitter.com/LauraMiers/status/1506832144080986117?t=diO_QA5blZ4zIOCV2VCrHw&s=19

he had covid two weeks before his death, I don't think that was long covid, just the acute phase of the infection loving him up. If he had tinnitus, maybe his inner ear was hosed up and that's why he fell.

Fwiw his family denies it. I don't really care, we won't know conclusively anyways

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

tuo posted:

God drat, I am sorry.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/chenweihua/status/1506925207755399172?t=MzlyuqAfq9ceejZcYR6BYQ&s=19

I understand Biden being a doofus but why would the other leaders not be cautious (because they have super drug I guess)

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

moist turtleneck posted:

https://twitter.com/chenweihua/status/1506925207755399172?t=MzlyuqAfq9ceejZcYR6BYQ&s=19

I understand Biden being a doofus but why would the other leaders not be cautious (because they have super drug I guess)

yeah if they get sick they will get the best possible treatment like access to the few antibody treatments that still work (VIR)

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

moist turtleneck posted:

They're probably chatting about their antibody levels like that time Erdogan was dunking on Putin's bitch titers while miced.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w_DRajaHV0

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 386 days!

moist turtleneck posted:

It should be noted that Xi has not attended one of these stupid things (or even left the mainland to anyone's knowledge) since March 2020

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

moist turtleneck posted:

they all look relatively young compared to Biden.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
There are geologic features that are young compared to Biden.

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

I'm sad because my (mild, of course!) case of COVID may be what caused my resting heart rate to now be too high to take my ADHD medication. It's cool, I didn't really love the life changing abilities to think straight, remember things, control my impulses, and understand the passage of time for the first time in my adult life, or anything. :smith:

Guess it's time to see if non-stimulant based treatments work okay for me.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

tenderjerk posted:

It should be noted that Xi has not attended one of these stupid things (or even left the mainland to anyone's knowledge) since March 2020

how do you prove the Xi in public now is not a body double

checkmate tanky

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Sex Arse of Calais posted:

I'm sad because my (mild, of course!) case of COVID may be what caused my resting heart rate to now be too high to take my ADHD medication. It's cool, I didn't really love the life changing abilities to think straight, remember things, control my impulses, and understand the passage of time for the first time in my adult life, or anything. :smith:

:(

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Thoguh posted:

I wonder if making it tough to apply the ADA to force masks in order to allow disabled people to participate in society was in the calculation for the CDC or just an unanticipated side benefit for them.

"Who do we not save?"

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

Hopefully once the government realizes what kind of damage Covid does and how widespread its persistent symptoms are going to be it will figure out way to help people like you get the care yoouuuuuf nfndnaa a ahhffh ada;ihghighugoH;Grghju

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

what's your rhr

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Have you considered that number is up though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme