Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The F2P game Storybook Brawl seems to have upset its playerbase lately.

I wonder how?

Ahh, that'd do it, then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Those gamers just haven't earned an NFT while playing a game yet. :c00l:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Lmao. Make a Hearthstone Battlegrounds clone that is supposed to be less restrictive with its microtransactions, but make it even worse instead for no reason. Hope they got paid in real money.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Vesi posted:

turns out drugs are cute!

oh cool, its dr weed

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Hammerite posted:

oh cool, its dr weed

that's dr. ganja to you sir :colbert:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Vesi posted:

turns out drugs are cute!

Thanks for leaking the new pokemon game's grass starter's third evolution stage rear end in a top hat :mad:

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Protocol7 posted:

that's dr. ganja to you sir :colbert:

dude. ur a lot less chill than i imagined.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Is Peter Molyneux still going with the NFT grift in the game he's supposedly working on?

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Darth TNT posted:

You now poo poo's bad when the grifters are calling your poo poo.

I think they call that a felching vampire attack.

fish and chips and dip posted:

Thailand is banning cryopto as payments (i.e not crypto trading of "investments").

Source: bunch of crypto news websites I can't be bothered to link to.

This one my biz partner for one of my businesses happens to be in Thailand and is usually paid in stablecoin, but all of his business is outside of. I'll inquire how the grifting will continue if the crypto cannot.

EorayMel posted:

Thanks for leaking the new pokemon game's grass starter's third evolution stage's rear end in a top hat :mad:

Fixed that one for you. :v:

drk posted:

yes, yes he is

(from an article about a week ago)

Oh, the fiefdom slavery model. It's clear 14th century best century, I guess? IE: gently caress you got I my castle, pay me rent.

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Mar 23, 2022

drk
Jan 16, 2005

Shifty Pony posted:

Is Peter Molyneux still going with the NFT grift in the game he's supposedly working on?

yes, yes he is

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

The Kins posted:

The F2P game Storybook Brawl seems to have upset its playerbase lately.

I wonder how?

Ahh, that'd do it, then.

Could probly report them to get it removed from Steam as well since they banned NFT and crypto poo poo on the platform.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Doesn't look like they've pivoted that game to crypto, so they're not breaking Steams rules

Not yet anyway

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

drk posted:

yes, yes he is

Lol.

Can't wait for him to dump an alpha-level shitheap that is barely a shadow of his promises and quickly move onto hyping a new game with the exact same "what if _game_ but with a morality system?" concept.

Anyone dumb enough to preorder a Molyneux game deserves to lose their money, but someone who dumps $1M in deserves to lose all the money they have ever earned.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

gently caress, I liked Storybook Brawl. oh well, there are plenty of enjoyable time wasters in the world so not playing one because they got bought by delusional crypto bros (and there is one delusional crypto bro as a member of their team apparently) isn't a great loss.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

stocks like TSLA, GME, AMC are worth whatever we say they are regardless of fundamentals and logic. But at least they have some intrinsic value. Bitcoin? smh...

drk
Jan 16, 2005
lol, imagine DMing a guy who made a two hour video about why NFTs are terrible to say "but actually if you think about it, maybe NFTs are good"

https://twitter.com/FoldableHuman/status/1506725195624550403

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

putin is a oval office posted:

There's also an entire industry of people who create 3D art so it's not just gamers, is another thing to consider. Everyone is getting hosed by these idiots except the manufacturers I guess. Yay capitalism.

The manufacturers are pissed too, if actual consumers can't get their cards they'll buy consoles instead and there'll be no market once crypto collapses or is regulated out of existence.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

drk posted:

lol, imagine DMing a guy who made a two hour video about why NFTs are terrible to say "but actually if you think about it, maybe NFTs are good"

That is an excellent idea by Dan, made me lol.

I think he is totally right on this - there is no equivocation on crypto or nfts. This poo poo has to be dunked on hard and destroyed completely. There is nothing to be gained by saying “well maybe it has SOME merit”. No, it has none. Burn it all down and salt the earth and mock anyone who tries to promote it until they rethink it or go away crying.

priznat fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Mar 24, 2022

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

drk posted:

I love that reasoning so much.
Your video is great! But if you were to join us you’d be using everything you hate. :smuggo:

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
big Wikipedia-editor "why are you laughing at it when you could be editing the page to make it better" energy

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

you could just go back like 6 pages to where the thread had already talked about it, genius

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3838405&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1388

That is exactly what I read which is how I know it was an exceptionally dumb bug, genius.

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe

Liquid Communism posted:

The manufacturers are pissed too, if actual consumers can't get their cards they'll buy consoles instead and there'll be no market once crypto collapses or is regulated out of existence.

The manufacturers are making money hand over fist - they're supply constrained and the price of video cards just keeps going up. They can sell pallets of video cards to miners who will and are paying whatever the price is set at.

Come the crash it'll just mean that they start selling more to pc gamers at a lower price.

They're not pissed, they're making bank. They're not supporting fakecoin, but they're certainly making money off it.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

putin is a oval office posted:

That is exactly what I read which is how I know it was an exceptionally dumb bug, genius.

It's still not the same bug as the tweet which was the original point, stop being an abrasive rear end in a top hat for no reason

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
5000 procedurally-generated drawings of unique, one-of-a-kind whipped llama asses

https://twitter.com/winamp/status/1504083229254602752

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

The Kins posted:

5000 procedurally-generated drawings of unique, one-of-a-kind whipped llama asses

oh god drat it

And I still use Winamp

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
It's wild going from 'Information wants to be free' to 'Everything is DRM.'

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer
Are there any articles/ videos that aren't full of incomprehensible crypto buzzwords that explain how DeFi's like Anchor can offer an interest rate of almost 20%?

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Koburn posted:

Are there any articles/ videos that aren't full of incomprehensible crypto buzzwords that explain how DeFi's like Anchor can offer an interest rate of almost 20%?

Just read the wiki page on ponzi schemes is probably your best bet.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Koburn posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernie_Madoff

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

The Kins posted:

No stable release in eight years, only a preview release three years ago, and now, from nowhere, Winamp comes back to spew NFT and crypto bullshit? You’re dead to me, Winamp. Foobar2000 deserved to win.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Koburn posted:

Only 20%? All the cool scams are offering thousands of percent

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Hammerite posted:

big Wikipedia-editor "why are you laughing at it when you could be editing the page to make it better" energy

WELL AKHULLY Wikipedia nerds have this one AS YOU KNOW here is your CITATION as NEEDED

https://web3isgoinggreat.com/

drk
Jan 16, 2005

Koburn posted:

In theory, they are loaning it out. In reality, they are just depleting their reserves since there is less demand to borrow than to lend, and they charge less interest to borrow (11%) than they pay to stake (20%).

If you've noticed a problem there, so has everyone else - you can deposit at 20% interest, use that as collateral to borrow at 11%, deposit the lent funds to earn 20%, etc etc.

There's a short bloomberg article here: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-03-23/terra-s-promise-of-20-defi-return-raises-sustainability-concern

drk
Jan 16, 2005
First of many?

US DOJ charges a couple bros with a NFT rugpull: https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr/two-defendants-charged-non-fungible-token-nft-fraud-and-money-laundering-scheme-0

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

lol I love that they blew up the next rugpull the two had ready to mint in a few days, and the discord is melting down

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Booyah- posted:

lol I love that they blew up the next rugpull the two had ready to mint in a few days, and the discord is melting down

let me guess, they reused the art assets

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

lmao "department of justice site is fake and spreading fud!!!! don't believe them, HODL!!!"

drk
Jan 16, 2005
Crypto bros: how dare you rug pull us, I'm telling the feds

Also crypto bros: let me get in on the discord for your new project, surely no one would rug pull twice

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Pikehead posted:

The manufacturers are making money hand over fist - they're supply constrained and the price of video cards just keeps going up. They can sell pallets of video cards to miners who will and are paying whatever the price is set at.

Come the crash it'll just mean that they start selling more to pc gamers at a lower price.

They're not pissed, they're making bank. They're not supporting fakecoin, but they're certainly making money off it.

Sure, right, that's why they're explicitly engineering their new gen cards to be intentionally useless for crypto mining.

MBA sociopaths aside, they arent going to destroy their primary sales channels to suit a tiny minority of customers that can collapse any minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

priznat posted:

That is an excellent idea by Dan, made me lol.

I think he is totally right on this - there is no equivocation on crypto or nfts. This poo poo has to be dunked on hard and destroyed completely. There is nothing to be gained by saying “well maybe it has SOME merit”. No, it has none. Burn it all down and salt the earth and mock anyone who tries to promote it until they rethink it or go away crying.

The denial is far too strong. Obviously I'm in a lot of crypto circles because I do some crypto things (bots that make money), but when I talk NFT's people just shut off the brain and go straight denial. I have tried to get through to them, but literally their thing is "NFT's are great bro! we made progress!" and the reality is it's atrocious on every level. I mean, the best they have is "let's add poo poo on top of NFT's". That's the entirety of their use case for "why NFT's are good". It's hollow as gently caress but they won't listen to anything contrary.

Liquid Communism posted:

Sure, right, that's why they're explicitly engineering their new gen cards to be intentionally useless for crypto mining.

MBA sociopaths aside, they arent going to destroy their primary sales channels to suit a tiny minority of customers that can collapse any minute.

I think I read that this has been bypassed. I had an article I read about people unlocking the "anti-mining" cards to mine on them. However, Eth is supposed to stop mining rewards, so that might help some until the next flavor of grift comes along. My guess is it'll be TON coin, but who knows.