Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
ground floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Close this thread, everyone knows COVID is over.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Schnorkles posted:

ground floor

subfloor 5

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Just
In
Time

For no vaccine to be approved for under 5s

https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1507023167281278980?s=20&t=q66h73dO2RcuT5k2djLfwA

Pre BA.2 hospitalization split was 50/50 between the 0-5 y/o and 6-11s

BA.2 Hospitalizations are split 80/20 between the 0-5s and 6-11s

Sep 2, 2011
now that we're 100% openerup i am becoming more and more alienated from more and more of my friends whose social media posts indicate they are incredibly selfish and will gladly spread a horribly infectious, deadly, mass disabling disease at every available opportunity, until i have no one left

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

bound to ace2 but she still suckin

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

He handled covid better than Biden, true

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

mags posted:

i heard her say to one of the owners, "no one wants anyone to die"

lol

I don't want anyone to die

But i also really want that Fiesta Lime Chicken and some boneless wings

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

Crazyweasel posted:

Just
In
Time

https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1507023167281278980?s=20&t=q66h73dO2RcuT5k2djLfwA

Cool, my dad currently has "a cold" and is sitting inside maskless with his unvaccinated 21 month old granddaughter. Nobody is worried at all.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
hello new thread

whiggles
Dec 19, 2003

TEAM EDWARD

fosborb posted:

we know polio by the kids dying part but also by the post-polio disease that manifests years after the initial infection. and we've just this year made the connection between mono and MS

it's hard to predict where we are headed tbh

Thanks, yeah that tracks.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

if you call not stuffing a bloomin' onion down my beer-soaked gullet multiple times a week living, then I welcome COVID as a brother in my undeath

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Dog Case posted:

I don't want anyone to die

But i also really want that Fiesta Lime Chicken and some boneless wings

The Bourbon Street Shrimp and Chicken is looking pretty good right about now.

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

loading... posted:

now that we're 100% openerup i am becoming more and more alienated from more and more of my friends whose social media posts indicate they are incredibly selfish and will gladly spread a horribly infectious, deadly, mass disabling disease at every available opportunity, until i have no one left

:same: I'll never be able to look at anyone the same way again.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
another woman where i used to work told me she shouldn't be inconvenienced by mask wearing because some old guy "didn't quit smoking in time"

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Open Biden! :razz:

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-08-05/the-curious-history-of-steam-heat-and-pandemics

I thought this was pretty cool. It turns out the reason you sweat to death in the winter with some old heating systems is because they were designed to heat rooms with the windows left open for airborne disease fightin'.

I wonder how long it will take us to relearn that lesson as a society?

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crazyweasel posted:

Just
In
Time

jesus christ

close the loving schools come on

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-08-05/the-curious-history-of-steam-heat-and-pandemics

I thought this was pretty cool. It turns out the reason you sweat to death in the winter with some old heating systems is because they were designed to heat rooms with the windows left open for airborne disease fightin'.

I wonder how long it will take us to relearn that lesson as a society?

We'll all die first.

Open Biden Death Cult.

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

gandlethorpe posted:

Sweet new thread. Since I'm starting from the beginning, I don't have an excuse not to read every post.

Great life decision. Threads evolve over time to be less psychically damaging so this one will be milder

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 356 days!

Fly Molo posted:

jesus christ

Did you say open biden?

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1507037797831434251
BREAKING

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

nomad2020 posted:

Close this thread, everyone knows COVID is over.

It’s a covid memorial thread, show some respect

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Fly Molo posted:

jesus christ

hmm moloch is not pleased with this post. have you considered embracing america's history of satanic child sacrifice?

jinx_player
Aug 25, 2018

Look, you die alone eventually anyways…who cares if the friends you thought you had are as terrible as everyone else in this country. At least they wont be giving Covid to you.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

whiggles posted:

It's okay if you all believe that Covid will never be over.

I just wanna know the outlook of the individuals who do a lot more reading and research than I do on the topic.

in short there is no compelling reason to believe that we have suddenly broken the cycle of [huge wave of new variant -> dip in cases -> huge wave of new variant -> etc.] and in fact the next wave has already started in a few areas. federal funding for testing is officially dead, with treatment and vaccination soon to follow. if you haven't gotten vaxxed yet, it is now too late to complete the series of shots before you have to pay for them. still no vaccine for 0-4 age group.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

You know what's truly hosed up is if Biden's team came in with the intent to design a maximally hurtful COVID response they probably couldn't have done a more deliberately evil job than whatever the gently caress this is

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/nycjim/status/1507053786916917256?s=20&t=zA3YqHhOg9Odeb9liLidQQ

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I'm surprised anyone noticed. He's been stone still since Scalia died and couldn't move his mouth anymore.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Thoughts going out to him and his family.

mags
May 30, 2008

:unsmigghh:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

It's ogre.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Fly Molo posted:

jesus christ

NO, I cannot bring my kids to brunch with me

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Those smiles. Plague witches. All of them.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

U-DO Burger posted:

in short there is no compelling reason to believe that we have suddenly broken the cycle of [huge wave of new variant -> dip in cases -> huge wave of new variant -> etc.] and in fact the next wave has already started in a few areas. federal funding for testing is officially dead, with treatment and vaccination soon to follow. if you haven't gotten vaxxed yet, it is now too late to complete the series of shots before you have to pay for them. still no vaccine for 0-4 age group.

Yeah it’s this.

The virus isn’t going away, but society’s willingness to do anything about it is.

jinx_player
Aug 25, 2018

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Those smiles. Plague witches. All of them.

They will get theirs (well, them or their children….)

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Born to be mild.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

whiggles posted:

Will Covid end? How would it end? When will it end?

How would we know it has ended?

TY

no, everyone dies, never

everyone is dead

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

U-DO Burger posted:

the thread said welcome back, but this isn't welcoming news at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mags
May 30, 2008

hmm a dip in car crashes *unclicks seat belt* open er UP *floors gas, aims at brick wall*