Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

So I made another dumb mistake today. I was supposed to be brewing tomorrow. I thought I had all my ingredients on hand and then I realized only today that I didn't have enough lactose! I think I forget it because it's not a fermentable, but I have to add it in the boil! The boss was hoping to have it done in less than a month but when I told him he was like "That's okay. poo poo happens!" basically. So, once again I think I'm in for some poo poo but things are fine because my current bosses aren't malignant narcissists for once.

Still a dumb mistake on my part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Escape From Noise posted:

So I made another dumb mistake today. I was supposed to be brewing tomorrow. I thought I had all my ingredients on hand and then I realized only today that I didn't have enough lactose! I think I forget it because it's not a fermentable, but I have to add it in the boil! The boss was hoping to have it done in less than a month but when I told him he was like "That's okay. poo poo happens!" basically. So, once again I think I'm in for some poo poo but things are fine because my current bosses aren't malignant narcissists for once.

Still a dumb mistake on my part.

trying to think up a joke about them tolerating your lactose but i got nothing

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
aw shid it's monday and the clocks friggin changed. Do Not Like

Escape From Noise

So this job is fine. It's nice to finally have bosses who don't yell at me and poo poo. Nice not working for narcissists. Pay is fine but I'm not going anywhere with this job.

So recently my boss came up to me and told me that they'd sold out of the...I guess you'd call it a session sour smoothie IPA? I dunno. It kind of sucks but whatever. It's what they wanted. Well it sold out really quick and they want me to bottle the entire next batch, which will only be like maybe 140 more bottles than last run at most. That beer is kind of a pain in the rear end to make, but we have six tanks so it would be doable to keep in rotation if we had enough cold room space but we don't. I use the same small walk in as the taps and the kitchen. I can fit, at most, two complete batches of beer at a time. I told them this would be an issue when I started here two and a half years ago. They told me that they'd figure something out like maybe off site storage. That hasn't happened. As soon as I noticed we had a mouse issue I said something. Still no real solutions but they're ordering shelves soon maybe. It's up to corporate.

The thing is that the parent company owns a lot of restaurants and they're basically just selling my beer to these places. That's fine, but I don't have the volume or capacity to keep up with that so I don't really know what the end game is here? I know I heard that the idea was to start small and if it's successful build a larger facility. That'll probably take years before they decide to do that. In the meantime I'm just doing a whole lot of nothing. Recently a assistant manager and the head chef told me I should start my own place. I mean I want to. I really need to get on that. This place is going nowhere.

Farecoal

There he go
Anyone know of a sinecure job that's high-paying, or low-paying

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i went into the office today for a change of scenery. i'm the only one here, and the office fridge has two boxes of ice cream bars in it. looks like i'll be chompin' bars today my friends

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Dr. Honked posted:

i went into the office today for a change of scenery. i'm the only one here, and the office fridge has two boxes of ice cream bars in it. looks like i'll be chompin' bars today my friends

chomp one 4 me bud. my office mini fridge only has coke zeroes :(

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

DaChurl

I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing.
Co-worker's house is getting sprayed for bugs so there are dogs in the office!
These are two very good boys. Not my dogs, so I don't feel comfortable sharing a picture. Jake is big and tan and excited and shedding. Sammy is small and white with brown spots and shy and just wants to sit on his human's lap.

xcheopis

Sometimes I really hate having to look up ICD-10 definitions.

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Escape From Noise

From what I heard the biere de Mars I kegged last week and they put on tap earlier this week is a big hit with the higher-ups in the company and is pretty popular with older customers so that's neat. I'm really proud of that one.

cruft

From what I heard the biere de Mars I kegged last week and they put on tap earlier this week is a big hit with the higher-ups in the company and is pretty popular with older customers so that's neat. I'm really proud of that one.

:nice:

It's cool that your boss relayed this information to you, too. I'm happy for you!

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i've got some tedious database stuff to do today so i'm procrastiposting

NumptyScrub

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(
Even though most of my team are still working, I'm in a different timezone and it's 17:30 here, so screw it I'm gonna clock off :colbert:

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

thats badass, good job!

gotta come into the office and do nothin for 6 hours so the switch is comin with me

DaChurl

Sammy the dog is back in the office! Such a sweet little dude. If he weren't so timid I'd try to steal him to be my lap buddy, but he clearly just wants to wag his tail at people from the safety of his human's lap and you gotta respect that.

DaChurl

Sammy came over and sniffed my hand!! :3:

xcheopis

DaChurl posted:

Sammy came over and sniffed my hand!! :3:

Another BYOB success story!

Farecoal

There he go
My boss's boss quit or got fired yesterday. I didn't interact with her much (she was the one who interviewed me but she worked in a different building) but apparently she was pretty toxic to everyone else in our department.

Also my co-worker is moving into a different position on Monday, leaving me the only one currently in my role. They hired two more people to start training a couple weeks ago but they've both ghosted since then probably because the pay isn't very good :lol:

Ass-penny

Farecoal posted:

My boss's boss quit or got fired yesterday. I didn't interact with her much (she was the one who interviewed me but she worked in a different building) but apparently she was pretty toxic to everyone else in our department.

Also my co-worker is moving into a different position on Monday, leaving me the only one currently in my role. They hired two more people to start training a couple weeks ago but they've both ghosted since then probably because the pay isn't very good :lol:

Your resume up to date?

Escape From Noise

They just hired a recent highschool grad who's just about to start college as a part timer. Lol. I feel old.

Farecoal

There he go

rear end-penny posted:

Your resume up to date?

Mostly. I'm going to stick around for a while longer, though. I'm going back to school part-time soon, and they're okay with me switching to a part-time schedule to match it. Also my immediate boss is pretty good

Escape From Noise

Sounds like I'm going to get to make my kuromitsu Belgian dark strong at the end of the summer, which I'm pretty excited about. That was the beer I was probably most proud of at my older job. Too bad it's a hard sell.

Escape From Noise

Guess it's time once again for the chef to get pissy with me because he didn't hear my morning greeting and then get pissy at me because I said maybe he didn't hear me because I didn't say it loud enough so he could hear me over the sound of the equipment (also he wears headphones a lot before work starts) and say "so I'm the bad guy here?", only to get pissy when I apologized for not saying it loud enough because that's always what I do. What are you? A cranky old elementary teacher? We don't even work in the kitchen together FFS! It's a loving restaurant. People are coming and going all the time! poo poo! Maybe I forgot because you were in the back as I was heading to the storage area to put my backpack up.

Farecoal

There he go

Interacting with other humans via speech was a mistake

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

Farecoal posted:

Interacting with other humans was a mistake

Escape From Noise

He's literally the only person I work with who gets all up in arms about this poo poo. I guess you could say "Well, it's Japan." but he's from Italy!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Never apologize to a chef who isn't even a head chef who is a dickhead about hierarchy when you don't even work in the loving restaurant.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Also gently caress hierarchy.

DaChurl

Today's fun activity is explaining to my bosses that I am the one person in the office who needs to use this online database practically every day, usually multiple times a day, and that consolidating down to one login on a shared computer will negatively affect my ability to do my job in a significant way.

No, I can't delegate the research to the coworker in charge of most database research to "free up time". She doesn't know what to look for, and she wouldn't be able to learn all of the different red flags I would need to know about without months (if not years) of dedicated training in my specific area of expertise. Even before the layoffs when I had actual underlings who worked in my department and knew what they were doing enough to pull all the documents I needed for new files and recognize problems, I still used the database on a daily basis to double check information while drafting documents.

Like, yeah it's nice to have job security because I'm the only person left who can do what I do, but Jesus did it really not occur to you that this may be an integral part of my job and you should at least check in with me before making a sweeping change and disabling my login just to save on subscription costs?

And now I'm stuck trying to explain the problem over email because the bosses all went home early today and it just so dang frustrating and I almost never have these problems because my office is small enough that I actually have a good line of communication with my bosses so why did no one ask me about this?

Ass-penny

Escape From Noise

Cardi BYOB posted:

Also gently caress hierarchy.

But also, gently caress a job.

Escape From Noise

DaChurl posted:

Today's fun activity is explaining to my bosses that I am the one person in the office who needs to use this online database practically every day, usually multiple times a day, and that consolidating down to one login on a shared computer will negatively affect my ability to do my job in a significant way.

No, I can't delegate the research to the coworker in charge of most database research to "free up time". She doesn't know what to look for, and she wouldn't be able to learn all of the different red flags I would need to know about without months (if not years) of dedicated training in my specific area of expertise. Even before the layoffs when I had actual underlings who worked in my department and knew what they were doing enough to pull all the documents I needed for new files and recognize problems, I still used the database on a daily basis to double check information while drafting documents.

Like, yeah it's nice to have job security because I'm the only person left who can do what I do, but Jesus did it really not occur to you that this may be an integral part of my job and you should at least check in with me before making a sweeping change and disabling my login just to save on subscription costs?

And now I'm stuck trying to explain the problem over email because the bosses all went home early today and it just so dang frustrating and I almost never have these problems because my office is small enough that I actually have a good line of communication with my bosses so why did no one ask me about this?

But workers are just one size fits all cogs you place into the business machine! Beep boop! So simple! Hold on. Giving myself a raise for streamlining the hiring process.

Escape From Noise

So I think Cardi BYOB and possibly others in the thread who were here for my Very Bad Job in Wakayama last year will appreciate this story. I'm not sure how much I talked about it, but I had three other coworkers: one was a middle manager/owner's lacky, and then another brewer and a younger woman who they were "training" to run the kitchen (i.e. they gave her poo poo pay to run the kitchen).

Well, long story short, I was talking to the other brewer there who quit a while after me and he told me that he and the woman in the kitchen orchestrated putting in their notices at the same time. According to my former coworker the owner was extremely upset and asked "How could you do this to me?" which is some extremely delicious schadenfreude. Lol. Good luck with your new 2k liter facility using a 2 head filler with single capper. Unless you go with a Wild Goose loving Gosling canner or their single head canner you loving moron. God. He's probably going to still use hand washed Cornelius kegs!

Apparently he has an agreement with the technical high school in Wakayama City to hire/train their students part time. I feel extremely bad for them, but at least I'm sure their hours will be limited. Good luck with training up and retaining experienced staff, rear end in a top hat! Looooool!

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Mar 31, 2022

more falafel please

forums poster

I'm on a project for a company that's known for its terrible work/life balance and while my company does a good job insulating us from that, I did just get email notifications that an engineer manager is doing code reviews right now. they're on pacific time so its 10:45 but still it's so loving late

if I was 23 and new to the industry but working from home I would definitely take that as a sign that I should also be working right now

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Finger Prince

Guess it's time once again for the chef to get pissy with me because he didn't hear my morning greeting and then get pissy at me because I said maybe he didn't hear me because I didn't say it loud enough so he could hear me over the sound of the equipment (also he wears headphones a lot before work starts) and say "so I'm the bad guy here?", only to get pissy when I apologized for not saying it loud enough because that's always what I do. What are you? A cranky old elementary teacher? We don't even work in the kitchen together FFS! It's a loving restaurant. People are coming and going all the time! poo poo! Maybe I forgot because you were in the back as I was heading to the storage area to put my backpack up.

Next time try saying good morning like this:

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

more falafel please posted:

I'm on a project for a company that's known for its terrible work/life balance and while my company does a good job insulating us from that, I did just get email notifications that an engineer manager is doing code reviews right now. they're on pacific time so its 10:45 but still it's so loving late

if I was 23 and new to the industry but working from home I would definitely take that as a sign that I should also be working right now

i feel very fortunate to be doing jorb where they do a similar thing. we do projects for other companies but have very very strict policies about our hours, no matter what the policy/culture is like at the client's end.

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
2 hours to go and nothing is happening snd the big boss is just hanging around in the office and im extremely tired
what do

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Sarah Cenia posted:

2 hours to go and nothing is happening snd the big boss is just hanging around in the office and im extremely tired
what do

feign death

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Sarah Cenia posted:

what do

Time for a powerful 2 hour poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Cardi BYOB posted:

Time for a powerful 2 hour poo poo.

You are so wise. In retrospect it was so obvious!