Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Tired of getting actively punished for skipping jojo ops/eds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
When I’m on my Treadmill I usually watch 2 episodes of a show and to make sure it lasts a full 45 minutes I let the OP run twice or will watch both OP and ED once.

Currently watching Toradora again and boy are the first OP and ED really good. I can’t remember the 2nd version so I’ll be interested to see those.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i listen to OPs and EDs because sometimes i play Anime Music Quiz, a quiz game about Anime Music! Inspired by the popular “guess the opening/ending song” quizzes, that are all about matching a set of anime songs to their anime. Anime Music Quiz takes these quizzes one step further! Thanks to the ever expanding community driven song database, an unlimited amount of unique quizzes can be generated. Furthermore you can add your MyAnimeList account to have your quizzes personalised by the anime you’ve watched, while still throwing in new and fresh anime for you to discover!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Sometimes I skip ops/eds even when they're good. :twisted:

Especially if i'm binge watching something. After already seeing an op a couple of times in one day I don't need to see it again.

Yeah I often skip the openings to things if I binge a bunch of episodes in a row because I wanna get into it immediately. As good as Demon Slayer is the intro isn't the part that I'm mainly here for.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Furnaceface posted:

Playing my first Atelier game (Ryza) and its honestly a lot of fun and cute and not at all what I expected.

Ryza is in some ways not like the other Atelier games but some ways very is too

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

what's the origin of the thing where they add sound effects to the OP in the last episode of a show?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/AndalusianDoge/status/1506697608814809094?t=yGerQWt6mMiRXwtpO-BsYQ&s=19

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

dogsicle posted:

i listen to OPs and EDs because sometimes i play Anime Music Quiz, a quiz game about Anime Music! Inspired by the popular “guess the opening/ending song” quizzes, that are all about matching a set of anime songs to their anime. Anime Music Quiz takes these quizzes one step further! Thanks to the ever expanding community driven song database, an unlimited amount of unique quizzes can be generated. Furthermore you can add your MyAnimeList account to have your quizzes personalised by the anime you’ve watched, while still throwing in new and fresh anime for you to discover!

what did he mean by this

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Ryza is in some ways not like the other Atelier games but some ways very is too

All I know so far is that the power of friendship, alchemy and bombs will fix everyones problems.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Did someone say bombs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HE2gik_dDw

Bonus: That one guy looks like Kratos from Tales of Symphonia.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Space Flower posted:

didnt know squark was a fellow shaft fan

yeah we stream BL every week

BlitznBurst
Feb 28, 2019

I always watch OPs and EDs unless it's like a 50-episode show. Sometimes I will switch windows while the song plays in the background though.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

It feels like they switch up OPs and EDs more than they used to? Fairy Tail had about...I dunno, 11 or 12 OPs in its first 167 episodes while Inuyasha ended with I think 6 OPs.

Also this is unrelated to my question but Gundam Wing had the same OP for 40 or 41 episode sand then they randomly gave it a new one for the last handful of episodes. Rhythmic Emotion rules but I never understood why they bothered.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

NikkolasKing posted:

It feels like they switch up OPs and EDs more than they used to? Fairy Tail had about...I dunno, 11 or 12 OPs in its first 167 episodes while Inuyasha ended with I think 6 OPs.

Also Gundam Wing had the same OP for 40 or 41 episode sand then they randomly gave it a new one for the last handful of episodes. Rhythmic Emotion rules but I never understood why they bothered.

Normally it's a new opening every or every other cour and a new ending every cour. Sometimes when a story arc ends.
New openings are also a tool for selling music.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Lurking Haro posted:

Normally it's a new opening every or every other cour and a new ending every cour. Sometimes when a story arc ends.
New openings are also a tool for selling music.

Yeah show studios get kickback from new OPs and EDs, it's just not feasible to replace them more often than once a cour though. There's lots of things that go into a new OP or ED, like do the cast sing the song or is it by a popular artist. or is it both, with the cast doing backup lyrics while the artist headlines the song. Gundam shows use popular artists for their ops, which is the least risky unless the recording artist gets caught with weed or something.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I wish Valve sound effects were public domain. I wanna hear TF2 screams in the background of things.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

dogsicle posted:

Yeah man it would be crazy if people actually played this.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

Yeah man it would be crazy if people actually played this.

Cope

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I tried playing one of those quizzes, but I didn't really watch a lot of the anime for like Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece, so I couldn't recognize a lot of their 20 openings each

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Waffleman_ posted:

I tried playing one of those quizzes, but I didn't really watch a lot of the anime for like Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece, so I couldn't recognize a lot of their 20 openings each

AMQ specifically works by picking shows off of your watched list, though this requires using MAL or one of its equivalents.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

MAL is too much homework.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I tried playing amq once, I recognized like one of the songs, and I didn’t even get it right because I got seasoned

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Me: I wonder what would happen if I went and made myself a mangadex acco:stare:woooooooooow that's a lotta uncensored titties

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Saw the JJK movie movie last might with my boyfriend. I liked it quite a bit, so now I'm watching the show. It's pretty good.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

It is very funny to me that my bf thought that I wouldn't like the movie because I've never seen the show. It was a better intro to the series than the start of the show was lol

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Saagonsa posted:

It is very funny to me that my bf thought that I wouldn't like the movie because I've never seen the show. It was a better intro to the series than the start of the show was lol

Funny how that works out sometimes huh

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Isn't the movie based on a standalone chapter that came out before the series proper as a preview anyway? Makes sense that it's a decent onboarding point.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/SugoiLITE/status/1506890701266886656

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Huh. Well at least the art might be worth checking out if huke's involved.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Ibblebibble posted:

Isn't the movie based on a standalone chapter that came out before the series proper as a preview anyway? Makes sense that it's a decent onboarding point.

yeah

but i guess if you were anime only you could end up with a mistaken assumption

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

So does "Animation Concept" mean Gen just came up with a basic premise so they could put his name on the marketing

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's like the majority of his credits since 2011 so

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I. M. Gei posted:

Me: I wonder what would happen if I went and made myself a mangadex acco:stare:woooooooooow that's a lotta uncensored titties

If you go looking for them yea. The main page is basically "here is this seasons manga that got an anime and a bunch if other stuff."

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i love titties

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

https://twitter.com/anime/status/1506913221403418624?s=21

Oh cool i forgot about this. Im very excited i sure hope its edutainment. i love being eduitained

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Fluffdaddy posted:

If you go looking for them yea. The main page is basically "here is this seasons manga that got an anime and a bunch if other stuff."

Cant understand the mind of a man who isnt looking for them, personally

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

more sentai/hidive shows expiring from crunchyroll next week, for those who use crunchy and were planning to watch any of these

https://twitter.com/LossThief/status/1507044678151061525

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Namtab posted:

Cant understand the mind of a man who isnt looking for them, personally

I just can't imagine going to mangadex specifically for titties, when there are better options

Sumigahara Haseo
Nov 22, 2020
https://twitter.com/SumigaharaAun/status/1507084225685643264

Merry Christmas + 3 months!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Fluffdaddy posted:

I didn't go looking for them though. I just clicked on the Recently Added tab and more than half the titles on there had uncensored nips and boobs on it.