Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Actual image of Alex's doctor note

Note: if this is gigantic or something I apologize let me know I'll fix it. Sometimes it's hard for me to tell on mobile.

Tree Dude fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Mar 24, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

MrMojok posted:

Jokes is crazy, but he isn’t stupid. There is no way he didn’t know he wasn’t going to get caught broadcasting while he was supposed to be in court.

As I see it, this is basically a big “gently caress you” to the court. I hope the judge sees it that way too!
I'm honestly not sure? Hanlon's Razor is in full force whenever you're dealing with Alex. I honestly thinks he thinks he wouldn't get caught because it's not like anyone important actually listens to his drat show.

Also, if I'm getting my timeline correct, he pulled his doctor's note stunt on Tuesday and straight up no-showed Wednesday, so let's see how things go Thursday. Fingers crossed on him getting arrested.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
It's not impossible that he actually *wants* to get arrested to use it as a pivot to another fundraising campaign.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Only now have I realized I somehow typed Jokes instead of Jones, but screw it, I’m leaving it!

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

It fit to the extent I figured it was left intentionally :yeah:

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
I still say that this all ends with Alex pulling an R Bud Dwyer. He’s too narcissistic to let anyone but him put an end to his narrative.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
He could also go out like Bill Cooper in a shootout

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
He copied Cooper a lot at the beginning, so why not copy him at the end?

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Love how Jones will just say "THIS IS CONFIRMED [some bullshit here]!", like he still has access to Bill Cooper's mystical military filing cabinet which just happened to contain all knowledge of every secret government program ever. :rolleyes:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
"They admit this" still takes the cake imo.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/SebastianMurdoc/status/1507013770630950924

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I think his plan is to hold out until Trump gets back in office in 2024, then have Trump do an executive order saying he can pardon people in civil trials. Then he pardons Alex and pats him the head.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Come ooooooon bench warrant

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Antigravitas posted:

"They admit this" still takes the cake imo.

Listening to Alex has ruined the words "admit" and "confirmed" for me. I now automatically think bullshit when I hear them.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

goddamnedtwisto posted:

"Dear Mr. Judge

Alex cannot come to the deposition today as he is not well.

Apologies for the handwriting, I have busted whichever hand I normally write with.

Yours Sincerely.

Alex's Doctor"

How did you see his doctor's note?

https://twitter.com/apark2453/status/1507107399361970196?s=20&t=F60Yw0vCGHS-5bC9uFIOHA

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Looks like the wife of a Supreme Court justic is dm'ing Stevie P videos

https://twitter.com/QOrigins/status/1507110582800957475

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Ok, I'm putting down $10 on "Alex gets a bench warrant and when he's pulled over the cops find coke in his vehicle". Long odds, but still doesn't bend probability.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Marsupial Ape posted:

Ok, I'm putting down $10 on "Alex gets a bench warrant and when he's pulled over the cops find coke in his vehicle". Long odds, but still doesn't bend probability.

I'd have put him down for abusing the hell out of prescription drugs. Heroin and speed are for low lives and scum, but Vicodin and Adderall come from a man in a white coat who charges $500 for an appointment so are appropriate for a man of his stature.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Alex is 100% railing Adderall.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Testekill posted:

Alex is 100% railing Adderall.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I'd have put him down for abusing the hell out of prescription drugs. Heroin and speed are for low lives and scum, but Vicodin and Adderall come from a man in a white coat who charges $500 for an appointment so are appropriate for a man of his stature.

Cocaine is drug of choice for capitalist narcissists. I'm not even being a hyperbolic lefty (which I am) about it. Pop-culture has portrayed cocaine as the nose candy of high paid white stock brokers and executives and Alex thinks movies are real life.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Marsupial Ape posted:

Cocaine is drug of choice for capitalist narcissists. I'm not even being a hyperbolic lefty (which I am) about it. Pop-culture has portrayed cocaine as the nose candy of high paid white stock brokers and executives and Alex thinks movies are real life.

I would imagine that like a lot of conservatives, Alex believes there are "Good billionaires" and (((Bad billionaires))), those are the ones who do cocaine, everyone else is too close to executing God's plan on earth to do recreational drugs or cheat on their wives. Even when they do

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Marsupial Ape posted:

See, I would've said he's bipolar and refuses to go to therapy over it.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
It is past midnight, Chicago time, but no Friday episode is up. Considering Jordan just tweeting something being mad at the media. "... if you are a media organization, don’t actively make Infowars’ job easier." Something bad must've happened to make covering this week's unusual proceedings with accuracy too difficult to manage in only a few days.

If I had to guess, someone, somewhere, made a mistake during this week's frippery with the civil court. InfoWars is allowed to make as many wilful mistakes about the media as it wants, but the moment someone else in the media makes a mistake about InfoWars, he'll bray about it for the next six months.

... no, it isn't fair, but that's life under narcissist rule.

EDIT: It was delayed by a few hours, but the episode is up now.

Morroque fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Mar 25, 2022

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

They mention Alex got Covid a while ago.

When was that?

As you can imagine, googling 'Alex Jones' and 'Covid' isn't terribly helpful. Not helped by there's a well known celebrity with the same name here in the UK who also recently had it.

Can't find it in the deluge.

Edit: Also curious. What episode did they introduce the amazing title track in?

Deptfordx fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Mar 25, 2022

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

I will never not laugh when I hear the name “Dr. Marbles”.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Deptfordx posted:

They mention Alex got Covid a while ago.

When was that?

As you can imagine, googling 'Alex Jones' and 'Covid' isn't terribly helpful. Not helped by there's a well known celebrity with the same name here in the UK who also recently had it.

Can't find it in the deluge.

https://knowledgefight.libsyn.com/592-september-2-2021 - Alex admitted on-air that he had gotten it, along with there being an outbreak at the studio. As he mentioned in today's episode, he claimed that his father had almost died from it

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

Deptfordx posted:

Edit: Also curious. What episode did they introduce the amazing title track in?

I'd also like to know this, as I just listened to the Endgame watch-along, and it was fun hearing Dan getting slightly obsessed with a string theme familiar from later episodes.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

In case people are wondering why Dan's bright spot was the 2009 Nicolas Cage film Knowing, it's because he and Jordan are actually guesting on the next episode of my podcast! I co-host Travolta/Cage, a biweekly podcast going through the filmographies of John Travolta and Nicolas Cage in chronological order, alongside writer and former AV Club head writer Nathan Rabin. So if you want to hear them go easy on Knowing and hear us tear apart Oliver Stone's vulgar, messy Savages, keep your earholes peeled about two weeks from now!

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I just assumed it was because he's a witch since last night I listened to the first time he brought up Knowing.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Hewlett posted:

In case people are wondering why Dan's bright spot was the 2009 Nicolas Cage film Knowing, it's because he and Jordan are actually guesting on the next episode of my podcast! I co-host Travolta/Cage, a biweekly podcast going through the filmographies of John Travolta and Nicolas Cage in chronological order, alongside writer and former AV Club head writer Nathan Rabin. So if you want to hear them go easy on Knowing and hear us tear apart Oliver Stone's vulgar, messy Savages, keep your earholes peeled about two weeks from now!

Holy poo poo! I didn’t know Rabin cohosted and hellooooo new subscription! there better be an episode on wild at heart

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017
The intro song was introduced in ep 323

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Morroque posted:

If I had to guess, someone, somewhere, made a mistake during this week's frippery with the civil court. InfoWars is allowed to make as many wilful mistakes about the media as it wants, but the moment someone else in the media makes a mistake about InfoWars, he'll bray about it for the next six months.

... no, it isn't fair, but that's life under narcissist rule.

I mean, it's what being waist deep in The Bullshit is like. You can't win cause you're not playing a game, but everyone else is. We've all been on the internet long enough to get sucked into something like this, and we all lived through the Trump years where that was just what listening to the president was. It's why getting in it and trying to fight people in it drives you crazy, why you start to jump 5 steps ahead whenever anyone says anything, why you'll start caring about what some twitter somewhere is saying because you know it's gonna get brought up and make things stupid. It's a deeply mentally draining place that I think only idiots or delusional narcissists can live in for long, idiots cause they can't see what it's doing to them and narcissists because that's the place they can make everything they think true.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

teen witch posted:

Holy poo poo! I didn’t know Rabin cohosted and hellooooo new subscription! there better be an episode on wild at heart

Oh yes there is! We're nearly 50 eps in, and the slide into the 2010s has been... rough for both of them. (More so for Travolta, though, especially as the gap widens and Cage makes more movies on average than ol' Johnny.)

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

I started listening a little after episode 200, which was before they introduced the theme, and it made going back to listen to the backlog kind of funny. I listened to the first episode and it was like, "?? Did I miss some? Did they delete the real first episode? It already has the 'I love you' soundbite and the audio quality is just as good. Where are the awkward early eps where they both sound like poo poo and are still trying to establish the bits?? I've listened to enough podcast backlogs in my day to know this can't possibly be the real first episode. :colbert:"

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

I cannot believe Dr. Marbles exists.

SetSliRol
Apr 30, 2021

"The power of the Marfalump idea is it's one, simple idea. It's not about Pepsi or Star Wars. It's about a character that loves both."
My first episode was the one where Alex is adamant about how he did not fire a person on his network, they just left, they were a great guy but also an rear end in a top hat who asked for too much money but Alex did not fire them!! I forget who it was exactly but I've always thought about going through the backlog to get more context because it was a great episode to start with.

Then the episode after that was the January 6th insurrection, and hearing Owen(?) somehow managing to have a violenceclimax while also having no emotion in his voice whatsoever was certainly an experience.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

Grand Fromage posted:

I cannot believe Dr. Marbles exists.

I live in DFW and would often visit my parents in San Antonio as a child. Marble Falls is on the way there and we would often stop for lunch. Weird little coincidences.

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
https://twitter.com/SebastianMurdoc/status/1507013770630950924

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Yeah I'm starting to think he wants to get perp-walked to court. That poo poo's gonna be gangbusters with his fans