Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I don't know what a Haligtree is but I do know this area kicks rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

on my run back to grab 100k dropped runes a ghost boss teleported on top of me and oneshot me off my horse and I cant describe the sound I made but I got a migraine

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

exploring one seemingly short path in the capital and finding three long winding paths of it somehow ftw

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

coop attempts this afternoon:

9 connection errors
4 host deaths
2 my deaths
1 success

hurray

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

My second playthrough is just as fun as the first, this game kicks so much rear end.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

bees x1000 posted:

coop attempts this afternoon:

9 connection errors
4 host deaths
2 my deaths
1 success

hurray

the connection errors are so bogus, stop pulling the plug you dorks

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Half of them happened right before the boss died, does the host get more runes if they get the kill while solo?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

bees x1000 posted:

Half of them happened right before the boss died, does the host get more runes if they get the kill while solo?

no

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

welp this is a hell of a lot of coincidences if the hosts aren't doing it on purpose. Just got another connection error as the boss was in its death animation.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

waiting 10 minutes for the host to summon another co-op partner ftw

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i get a lot of connection errors in this game both when invading or just doing regular co-op not sure what the deal is

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

On PC I have had pretty good luck connection wise. The only annoying thing I run into is sometimes all summon signs will say unable to summon for like a minute, then they all suddenly start working.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I'm on PC wired connection, and it's been awful. Hours of wasted time. Gonna drop coop farming for a while.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Haligtree is so good, top tier endgame area

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

sourdough posted:

Haligtree is so good, top tier endgame area

I keep wondering if any of those spokes on the fringes of the Haligtree are window dressing or not. They all look like little structures you could go into if there's a way to get there

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao I can't believe one of the last things I had left to uncover on weeping peninsula was another teleport trap.. it's so hard to put this down at the end of the night. whenever I try to quit I stare at the map and my notes for 10 minutes deciding where I want to go next.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Xbox co-op is very hit and miss for me. It doesn’t take long for me to be summonsed to help, but I’ll sit there for 10 minutes just waiting for a golden message to appear and then it’s 10 more minutes of unable to summon messages

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I’ve mostly found it fine on PS. I get summoned very fast and only occasionally get an unable to connect message on arrival in the host world . Then last night I got like five in a row till I restarted the game and still got a few after

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

It's been fine on PC but I'm scared to engage with multiplayer much because of insane shitheads who do fail hacker magic that ruins your game forever

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

It's been fine on PC but I'm scared to engage with multiplayer much because of insane shitheads who do fail hacker magic that ruins your game forever

this is why i stopped playing souls games on the PC because i like the online features but dont want to deal with a shithead invading my world and murdering the blacksmith or other important NPCs

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

the giants mountaintop catacombs was amazing, i spent so long wandering around before i finally figured out what the player message at the bottom of the elevator "try down" meant. absolutely trolled by miyazaki

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

thought itd be some big grand quest to get into the second floor of the fortified manor but instead theres just an open window on some roofs nearby after a two minute walk lmao. opsec on this place is pathetic

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
in the opening cinematic it switches between marika breaking the elden ring and radagon trying to repair it, sneaky sneaky

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Nutmeg posted:

in the opening cinematic it switches between marika breaking the elden ring and radagon trying to repair it, sneaky sneaky

it does that in this trailer too https://youtu.be/4euIi1JfMqs

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Not going to have any Elden Ring to play for the next week but, ah, I think this Malenia lady is a good place to step away for a while.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

prelate's flamecharge is loving ridiculous and amazing lol. im a little upset that a lot of the really cool ashes of war are stuffed into the last 10% of the game

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
She's a very fun fight

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Who tf is Neumann? Miyazaki Seinfeld lover confirmed?

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
George: she saw me jerry, she saw me eating seedbed curse from the toilet.
Jerry: who saw?
George: Rodericka! Now she’ll think I like to… you know…
Jerry: she thinks you’re a dung eater is what she thinks!
*kramer warps into round table hold*
Kramer: hey jerr. Oh hey George, hear you’re the dung eater.

*bass outtro*

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Beat the game finally and got a cool ending. Aside from two or three bad bosses it's basically perfect and I'm already thinking about ng+ even though this first run was like 225 hours

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Beat the game finally and got a cool ending. Aside from two or three bad bosses it's basically perfect and I'm already thinking about ng+ even though this first run was like 225 hours

i feel like I'd be able to clear ng+ in 1/10th the time because most of the first run is preparation for harder areas, i cant wait to make a beeline to the endgame in it lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i cant wait to get every trophy in elden ring

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/VoicesByZane/status/1507469197198213125?s=20&t=ocYZK11G5pj1IeN5RpPt9Q

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I never savescum to get endings in these games so the ending trophies are going to take me the longest. In Bloodborne and Demon's Souls I had fun taking a fresh character and seeing how fast I could rush through to the end. Wonder how long that would take in Elden Ring. Lots of things are skippable but endgame bosses might be really hard underleveled.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Got to the stuff past the capital, hoping for that big difficulty spike soon. Capital boss was cool but too easy, would have been great 50 hours ago. Doing the chariot in Gelmir and man these sections suck lol they take so long and then you die after 5 minutes of dully finding the next hiding place and dealing with skeletons in each one.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Am I crazy or do the Page enemies (humans with a hood, rapier, and fire crossbow) feel overturned a little? Whatever area I’m in most enemies their size hit for maybe 10%-25% of my health per hit, and then one shot from the crossbow takes of 60% of my hp. And don’t even get me started on the elite ones with the repeater crossbows and a trillion poise

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

i died to the one repeater fire crossbow guy at the foot of the stairs in the Capitol more than any other random mob. They’re so nasty

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Am I crazy or do the Page enemies (humans with a hood, rapier, and fire crossbow) feel overturned a little? Whatever area I’m in most enemies their size hit for maybe 10%-25% of my health per hit, and then one shot from the crossbow takes of 60% of my hp. And don’t even get me started on the elite ones with the repeater crossbows and a trillion poise

I beat the actual boss of Raya Lucaria on my first try but had to come back for the random hallway guarded by a page later because he was too hard.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

those dudes and the perfumers will gently caress your poo poo up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

not a fan of those shrimp men