Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

KIrby: has fishing, wears a cute fishing hat
Eldin Ring: no fishing, no cute fishing hats

It's obvious that Eldin Ring is garbage and Kirby rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Is The Open World Kirby Game Nintendo’s Answer To ELDEN RING?

It’s not open world, it’s more like Mario 3D World only with Kirby (and apparently a central hub of some kind that you visit in between levels)

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Imagining adorable pink goo stains you click on and instead of seeing a Kirby die, they're just like doing a cool dance

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Larryb posted:

It’s not open world, it’s more like Mario 3D World only with Kirby (and apparently a central hub of some kind that you visit in between levels)

I’ve done a bit of co-op with my girlfriend. The central hub is a Waddle Dee village and you unlock more buildings and side game stuff by rescuing Waddle Dees from levels by accomplishing hidden tasks.

We’re only a few hours in but the game is a joy to play. Looks great, runs great, all the power ups are cool and the levels are really fun to explore and poke around looking for secrets. Game is extremely good.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Augus posted:

willem dafoe auditioned for waluigi in the mario movie but was turned down because he was too good

This seems entirely accurate.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

fadam posted:

I’ve done a bit of co-op with my girlfriend. The central hub is a Waddle Dee village and you unlock more buildings and side game stuff by rescuing Waddle Dees from levels by accomplishing hidden tasks.

We’re only a few hours in but the game is a joy to play. Looks great, runs great, all the power ups are cool and the levels are really fun to explore and poke around looking for secrets. Game is extremely good.

How’d you get it early out of curiosity? Also, what do the two passwords from the demo do?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Larryb posted:

How’d you get it early out of curiosity? Also, what do the two passwords from the demo do?

I have a Magical Switch, and I never played the demo so I have no idea. Im assuming they unlock capsule toys for your collection.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

fadam posted:

I have a Magical Switch, and I never played the demo so I have no idea. Im assuming they unlock capsule toys for your collection.

The passwords are CLEARDEMO and NEWADVENTURE if you wanted to try them out

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Larryb posted:

He's a pirate who can't help himself posting in this thread every time he illegally downloads a Switch game and plays it a week early.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Larryb posted:

The passwords are CLEARDEMO and NEWADVENTURE if you wanted to try them out

Ty, I’ll give em a shot during my lunch break and lyk.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Hammer Bro. posted:

There aren't any relationship dynamics outside of the main character's convictions with abstract ideals. Visual Novel might be a bit of a sloppy comparison since nobody called FFT a Visual Novel even though it had cutscenes between missions.

It's an SRPG with more-than-average cutscenes. Kinda frontloaded. With a few investigation sections that range from linear to actually kinda engaging.

I'd say it has less than Let Us Cling Together, which started the entire genre

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

American McGay posted:

He's a pirate who can't help himself posting in this thread every time he illegally downloads a Switch game and plays it a week early.

who cares?

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

External Organs posted:

Imagining adorable pink goo stains you click on and instead of seeing a Kirby die, they're just like doing a cool dance

Poyo!

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

fadam posted:

Goddamn it, should I make this the second kirby game I ever play? I like good and fun things.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Morter posted:

Goddamn it, should I make this the second kirby game I ever play? I like good and fun things.

It’s the second one I’ve ever played and I think it rocks.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Lmao for real imagine getting mad about having more info about a game before you spend 60 bux

Ty for your service pirate poster dude, not going to download anything myself because that sounds more annoying than spending 60 bux but the preview details are much appreciated

The detailed breakdowns on what to expect from Arceus legends were pretty dope too, much more useful than the professional reviews

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Also the game has unlocked in Japan and Australia, so there's not like there's a day 1 patch that would add stability or something out. These impressions would be accurate, unlike with say 3D All Stars and such, where yes the game did have problems, but the stability was way worse for earlier people than on launch day.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Larryb posted:

im at work

im thinkin about yhat pink...

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i tried out the game on yuzu but i'm going to go to the store and buy it tomorrow

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Fuligin posted:

im at work

im thinkin about yhat pink...

Boss makes a dollar
I make a dime
I wanna succ
on company time.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I do not care about piracy in general but pirating a Kirby game is disgusting the little guy needs all the royalties he can get. He is very hungry.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Unfortunately Kirby can’t read and signed a contract that doesn’t entitle him to royalties. he gets a flat rate per game

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

hatty posted:

Unfortunately Kirby can’t read and signed a contract that doesn’t entitle him to royalties. he gets a flat rate per game

I’m giving Kirby a gun so he can fight for Unionization

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
https://twitter.com/miexriir/status/1481289646067879943

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

hatty posted:

He lives in a post-apocalyptic, post-human world without lawyers.

Which is to say he lives on a Utopia.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Women Want Me, Eldritch Gods Fear Me

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Mister Facetious posted:

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Mister Facetious posted:

^beat me to it

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Twelve by Pies posted:

KIrby: has fishing, wears a cute fishing hat
Eldin Ring: no fishing, no cute fishing hats

I'm genuinely shocked to learn Elden Ring doesn't have fishing! I assumed it would at least have a BotW-style equivalent.

fadam posted:

The central hub is a Waddle Dee village and you unlock more buildings and side game stuff by rescuing Waddle Dees from levels by accomplishing hidden tasks.

Oh NO. I'm a sucker for that type of mechanic. :ohdear:

My partner once bought me that shirt as a gag gift (I only wear it around the house), and I loving love it. :allears: It's some of the most "Graphic design is my passion" poo poo I've seen.

One time I forgot I was wearing it, and opened the front door for a delivery driver. She stared at my shirt and acted like she couldn't hand me the food fast enough. Oops..

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

Read After Burning posted:

I'm genuinely shocked to learn Elden Ring doesn't have fishing! I assumed it would at least have a BotW-style equivalent.

Did BotW have fishing? I just bombed the water and collected my fish carcasses.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Palmtree Panic posted:

Did BotW have fishing? I just bombed the water and collected my fish carcasses.

That's what I was referring to. :haw:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
You can fight a lobster.

You will probably lose but still

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Is Fenyx Rising worth $15? I'm not expecting a barn burner, doubt I'll even get to play it til the summer

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I enjoyed it enough to platinum the PS4 version, dunno how the Switch port runs though

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Sakurazuka posted:

I enjoyed it enough to platinum the PS4 version, dunno how the Switch port runs though

Oh poo poo that's true. Guess I'll try the demo

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Barreft posted:

Is Fenyx Rising worth $15? I'm not expecting a barn burner, doubt I'll even get to play it til the summer

I don’t think so. It’s not terrible but it’s super generic. Only play it if you’ve run out of everything else you’re interested in.

Due to Elden Ring fever I’ve been replaying Dark Souls 1 on Switch and having a lot of fun. I think a lot of others are having the same idea since I’m constantly hearing the first bell be rung. I just rang the perish bell myself and will come back to the game after I’ve done with Kirby.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

If you've already played through botw a couple of times and you still want more, and you've also played through skyrim, it's not bad

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Barreft posted:

Do you like combat and obstacle courses? Do you like collecting poo poo to raise stats/abilities?

Do you like Waldorf and Statler?

If you can get past the rocky framerate of the demo or you have a hackable Switch you can run overclocked, it might be worth $15.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Huh you can lose at Triangle Strategy. Like they let you reload the save and try again but you can get a “game over you lose.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Barreft posted:

I got about 5 hours out of it last time it was on sale before I got bored