Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ok for real whos your team
This poll is closed.
The Green Bay Packers 81 35.53%
The Chicago Bears 52 22.81%
The Minnesota Vikings 42 18.42%
The Detroit Lions 53 23.25%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dexo posted:

Maybe just maybe the new guy actually likes Borom and Jenkins.

Like Borom was pretty good last year.

And Tevin Jenkins never had a real chance with the recovery from an injury.

I don't think Borom was good last year. And from what I've read, the new Bears regime doesn't like him much either (similar to Daniels).

No earthly clue what their plan is at tackle but they do seem to have their eye on Ryan Bates. Moving him to tackle would seem a huge risk but he is versatile enough to play anywhere it seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Welp, Bears signed Dakota Dozier on OL. Our worries are over. He has had 27 starts in 7 seasons.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

ZombieCrew posted:

Welp, Bears signed Dakota Dozier on OL. Our worries are over. He has had 27 starts in 7 seasons.

Should have plenty of gas in the tank then.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Shrimpy posted:

The Packers last good pass catching tight end was nearly paralyzed on the field, so having a new one after almost a decade is nice and I think it's ok to be excited about it.

They also spent that decade getting absolutely torched by every team with a decent tight end, so part of this is the expectation that we'll be able to do that to teams finally.

while fair its still a huge lmao of a take that the offense runs through tunyan

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

ZombieCrew posted:

he fuckin sucks so bad, good luck to justin

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ZombieCrew posted:

it's over for you hos

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Fields is gonna set the NFL single season record for QB rush attempts due to his O-line collapsing into a singularity 0.5 nanoseconds after the ball is snapped.

But hey, at least he’s got….

*checks WR depth chart*

….uhhhh….

….

Byron Pringle and Equanimeous St-Brown to…

….throw to….

…when Mooney is triple covered?

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
But, hey, it ain't all bad news, surely the Bears will be buoyed by all-world talent Khalil Mack on defense!

*checks transaction wire*

...for a second-rounder? Well, huh. At least this big Larry Ogunjobi signing, a Super Bowl talent, can cushion that blow!

*checks transaction wire*

...failed the physical? jesus christ

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Dubious posted:

while fair its still a huge lmao of a take that the offense runs through tunyan

It Runyans through the Tunyan.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gonz posted:

Fields is gonna set the NFL single season record for QB rush attempts due to his O-line collapsing into a singularity 0.5 nanoseconds after the ball is snapped.

*checks WR depth chart*

….uhhhh….

….

….throw to….

If they start now, they can successfully hypnotize Equanimeous St-Brown into believing he's his brother by the time the season starts.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
Just because a guy gets a fair amount of receptions doesn’t make him a or the focal point.

Take the Vikings for example, you might tune into a game and see Fullback CJ Ham catch a check down from noted gunslinger Kirk cousins, that doesn’t mean they are going to actively scheme plays to try and get him the ball on third and long.

Right?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Gonz posted:

*checks WR depth chart*

….uhhhh….

….

….throw to….

The O-line collapsing to a singularity would probably be great because it would suck in the D line right with them. Can get sacked if they’re trapped in a black hole.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Time to leave it all on the fields.
His ankles, his knees. Everything is just going to be splayed out on the field.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Did Mooney die?

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

ZombieCrew posted:

loving lol

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/LukeBraunNFL/status/1313931981416132611?s=20&t=vjoxTkirm9DyX-Qmouv0-A

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

JGdmn posted:

Did Mooney die?

Eventually, we’ll all die.

The Bears front office is trying to get their best players there before the rest of us, it seems.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

No see this guy was an OL before he is definitely interested in shoring up the line with talent.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

I wonder of he holds ths clicker on his right or left hand to count the missed blocks.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
Not for nothing, but Dozier was the (fully vaccinated!) lineman who had to be hospitalized due to COVID last year.

quote:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32909829/minnesota-vikings-dakota-dozier-details-battle-covid-19

I lost about 10 pounds throughout the process. Even just the walk from my room to the car was maybe a 3-minute walk, and I was gassed. I was really out of breath. Like wow, this is crazy. It took a little bit of time to get that back. Once I had done my 10 days' quarantine and was allowed to come back in the facility, I came back in and did my first workout and was just really, really smoked.

My lungs, the pneumonia aspect of it, I think it really took a toll on me. As an athlete, you're always training, you're always on the go, year-round you're always doing something. But to be sedentary for that amount of time is something my body just really isn't used to. On top of being ill, it really took my conditioning away from me. It was kind of eye-opening in that regard, like man, if I don't stay in my routine, this is what could happen.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Shrimpy posted:

Not for nothing, but Dozier was the (fully vaccinated!) lineman who had to be hospitalized due to COVID last year.

Probably one of the 1,000 healthiest guys in the world, fully vaccinated and it still destroys him. gently caress this stupid Joker-rear end virus.

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

Clearly it's the enormity of Cousins salary cap hit that creates a vortex that pulls him to the ground.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

unl33t posted:

Clearly it's the enormity of Cousins salary cap hit that creates a vortex that pulls him to the ground.

https://twitter.com/BradBiggs/status/1506992612699480073

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I'm going post this here because apparently no reads the Farthhouse thread anymore.

This is my Chemo cap.

I work at a place that does embroidery so I was able to put together a custom design.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

That is a dope hat. I forgot all about that lettering

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Yo that hat looks awesome

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Any word on if teams expect the Bills to match? Seems like someone they wouldn't get away if the offer was reasonable. He was really good when he played.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1507106740579483660

Ryan Pace must be stopped.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Niwrad posted:

Any word on if teams expect the Bills to match? Seems like someone they wouldn't get away if the offer was reasonable. He was really good when he played.

The Bills might not have the cap space to match a front loaded offer.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

MVS going to the Chiefs.

I’m honestly curious how that works out. I don’t think he was going to get better with the Packers, but if he sucks with Mahomes, I think it’s safe to say he was always bad.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Bad is, like, DeAngelo Yancey or J'Mon Moore. MVS was average and there was entirely too much angst about him.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Better them than us.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

he can't keep getting away with it

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Why are GMs Coaches so dumb?
Like Lovie / Conte, is Ifedi going to just follow Pace and refuse to wash out of the league?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Niwrad posted:

They could have put a second round tender on him for $4m and did not do so, so I feel like they weren't penciling him in as a starter unless he came real real cheap. Maybe the market for him was stronger than they expected and they reassess now that a deal is on the table, but as fsif mentioned Buffalo is not in a great place cap-wise

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/MikeMcCartney7/status/1507195936488964096

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-ImCpNqbJw

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Are the Packers down to three WRs now? Cobb, Lazard, and Rodgers? Not sure if Winfree counts since he drops every important ball thrown to him.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Gonz posted:

*checks WR depth chart*

….uhhhh….

….

….throw to….

It's ok, they can use their first round pick to shore up offensive line or wr. Let me just check how high it ... Oh no.

Fields is gonna be in his fifth year before this team is rebuilt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Chicago's Big Ten Team Baby