Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Hold up, how did Dan Crenshaw get on Ben's bad side?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Didn’t he just do a pro-tulsi cartoon

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Trump's buddy Peter Thiel is bad, oh no this must mean...his support for Trump was a ruse all along, it couldn't possibly say anything about Trump that he's constantly surrounded by evil rich people like Thiel and Epstein and Ivanka Trump!

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Jay Rust posted:

Didn’t he just do a pro-tulsi cartoon

Just a week ago!

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

Hey look, his neuron fired!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Tibalt posted:

But Peter Thiel is like 60 years old, he's not a young leader at all.

his BLOOD is young

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
No Ginni Thomas cartoons yet, huh

Garrison is gonna be the only pro-Ginni cartoon I'd imagine.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Kammat posted:

Hold up, how did Dan Crenshaw get on Ben's bad side?

The only thing I'm familiar with Dan Crenshaw doing recently is he publically positioned himself as "A real conservative, not like the people in Marjorie Taylor Greene's cadre." So, could be Ben's still on the Q train, or it could be a coincidence where Ben actually believes a very specific conspiracy theory about World Economic Forum.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
Crenshaw has been on the list of commie RINO traitors for a while because he supported "common sense gun control" or something like that.

e: oh, turns out it's a worse sin than that. From last August: Dan Crenshaw heckled and called a RINO for saying 2020 election wasn’t stolen

wizzardstaff fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Mar 25, 2022

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Well, it is common knowledge that Joe Biden really hindered Thomas's nomination. Definitely don't need to look into this thing about Anita Hill.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Lalo Alcaraz

Nick Anderson

Lisa Benson

Steve Breen

Jeff Danziger

John Deering

Bob Gorrell

Clay Jones

KAL

Steve Kelley

Gary Markstein

Marty Two Bulls

Joel Pett

Michael Ramirez

Drew Sheneman

Jeff Stahler

Tom Stiglich

Dana Summers

Gary Varvel

Tony Branco

quote:

Tragicomedy: Biden and Kamala are laughing stocks performing daily on the world stage demonstrating weakness for all to see.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Kellies nomination: most easily reinterpreted

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Raised By Birds posted:

Michael Ramirez

Look at this poo poo. Look at it. It's like a Where's Waldo but instead of Waldo you're looking for the actual cartoon. The only way you can find it is because the only blank spaces he allows is around his dialogue. The subject is the least detailed part of the whole thing. It's a cluttered attention donut. They're not even in the foreground, ffs.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Man there's a lot of dumb poo poo here. Where to begin?

-Rorschach tests don't have a correct answer you dipshit.
-That's not a woman, it's just a symbol that is generally used to represent women. But not accurately, because obviously not all women wear skirts. If an alien saw that symbol on a restroom they would assume that only people who wear skirts would be allowed in. It has absolutely nothing to do with biology. We just collectively agree that that symbol means "women". Or in other words, gender is a social construct.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

LOOKS LIKE THOSE CLOWNS IN CONGRESS ARE AT IT AGAIN

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

God, KBJ, that’s clearly a picture of my parents fighting :rolleyes:

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: So Many Exceptions There Are No Community Standards

Ted Rall posted:

The parent company of Facebook and Instagram constantly brags that it does everything that it can in order to reduce violent speech on its platforms. However, it makes exceptions for political hate speech that they happen to agree with. Can you really call them standards if you have exceptions to them?

First Dog on the Moon: Honk! The weird plains-wanderer runs and hides again

Trapezium Dave fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Mar 25, 2022

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I know republicans are stupid and and petty and evil in a whole lot of ways, but there's something extra sickening about turning a hearing into a loving tribunal of "explain these basic concepts to me like I was a child, and if you try to explain them that is the wrong answer because I don't know poo poo and I don't want to know poo poo and I am currently working to murder public education so kids hopefully don't know poo poo either."

the world would objectively be a better place if every single one of these assholes just went away forever

Now Ted Rall never having noticed how extremely okay social media are with hate crimes and actively harmful rhetoric is just regular "lol gently caress off" material.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
completely unrelated to any recent developments in political cartoons, but i just wanted to tell everyone that I just saw the word "rort" in the wild and have only now realised that the "sports rorts" continually mentioned in australian cartoons for the past few years are not, in fact, a humorous contraction of "sports resorts"

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Rall had always been in Russia's pocket but these last few weeks have been downright shameful. Just an endless supply of "how dare you speak ill of Mother Russia"

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Before, shill as he was, he was able to be his natural contrarian-self and come off ok, at least in that he was just attacking the US, which sure, the US sucks a lot of the time.

But here he has to actively defend the Russians during their War and man it's very uncomfortable to see. I never thought anything about his moral fiber but this can't be worth the paycheck can it?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Before, shill as he was, he was able to be his natural contrarian-self and come off ok, at least in that he was just attacking the US, which sure, the US sucks a lot of the time.

But here he has to actively defend the Russians during their War and man it's very uncomfortable to see. I never thought anything about his moral fiber but this can't be worth the paycheck can it?

He "came off okay" because you are the target audience.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Ceci n'est pas une woman.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Woman is a fake category invented to sell bathrooms. AGC.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Did you forget that Rall repeatedly attempted to murder a kid in high school, had sex with multiple women when he thought he had HIV, and told a story about how he once murdered a homeless man?

He's never had a moral fiber.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Twelve by Pies posted:

Did you forget that Rall repeatedly attempted to murder a kid in high school, had sex with multiple women when he thought he had HIV, and told a story about how he once murdered a homeless man?

Excuse me?! :stare:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Lotsa options here.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Mikl posted:

The first one is in his "My War With Brian" and the second I think is in his book with the sad blowjob.

I didn't know about the murder, but it sounds like the same STDH.jpgs he filled the other two with.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Mikl posted:

HootTheOwl posted:

The first one is in his "My War With Brian" and the second I think is in his book with the sad blowjob.

I didn't know about the murder, but it sounds like the same STDH.jpgs he filled the other two with.

The "murder a homeless man" is from a story told by Ken Kurson in this opinion piece he wrote for The Observer in 2015 (after Rall was fired from the LA Times).

Here's the relevant quote;

Ken Kurson posted:

In 1995, Ted Rall and his wife came for dinner at the Chelsea apartment I shared with Becky, who was then my girlfriend. My co-worker at Worth magazine, Monica Corcoran, was there and the writer Paul Lukas was there, too, as was the illustrator Marie Javins. I was the editor of a fanzine I’d founded called Green and Ted had written (and illustrated) stories for us about the costs of getting married and about what a rip off college is. We didn’t really know each other—that might have been the first time we actually met in person. A funny thing happened. Ted had just published a book that was getting some buzz and Paul Lukas picked up the book from our end table and said, “Hey, this is the new Ted Rall?” and I said “Yeah, this is the actual Ted Rall” and introduced them.

And then Ted told the whole room a story that blew our minds. He said that a few years earlier, he had gotten into an altercation on a subway platform with a vagrant. A physical struggle ensued and Ted ended up either pushing the guy or he fell onto the tracks. And the train came, presumably killing the guy. Ted told us this in a very matter-of-fact way.

We all asked him, “What the hell? What happened to the guy?” And Ted replied that he didn’t know what became of the guy and had had no choice. All of us were aghast.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Yeah this all probably never happened, which makes it gross stories a gross person told in an attempt to seek clout which leaves it pretty much as gross as before but now also pathetic

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Remember when he tried to auction off a dinner with himself and the lucky "winner" also had to pay for the dinner?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Iirc there was also a bullet point, "I am not obligated to speak to you during dinner"

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Angepain posted:

completely unrelated to any recent developments in political cartoons, but i just wanted to tell everyone that I just saw the word "rort" in the wild and have only now realised that the "sports rorts" continually mentioned in australian cartoons for the past few years are not, in fact, a humorous contraction of "sports resorts"

Finally, we can have a serious conversation about sports rorts and tort reform.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I think it's safe to say Rall is "not ok" in some form or fashion like nearly all of these artists. He is thankfully too dumb to filter out those thoughts so it's easier for his peers to see it.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Shugojin posted:

Yeah this all probably never happened, which makes it gross stories a gross person told in an attempt to seek clout which leaves it pretty much as gross as before but now also pathetic

Yeah I'm not sure how many of those stories are true but the fact that Rall thinks that they're cool and good and make him look awesome proves he has no moral fiber even if they're completely fabricated.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

I haven't been following these hearings at all, so this is just a delight. Continuing adventures of racist baby

quote:

Joel Pett

I can't really make any connection between the set up and the punchline? I guess it's just saying how the flipping republicans are making colonel sanders sick.

quote:

Michael Ramirez

I loving hate this metaphor/pun. It contributes nothing to the point of the cartoon, and actively detracts from it by drowning it out with superflous details. Also! not a very funny pun!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I mean…yes? A judge should not rule using their own preconceived conclusions but instead expert testimony should be used to come to a fair and impartial ruling

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I honestly have no idea if this is supposed to be for or against her. She's presented with an image that, by definition, has no factually right or wrong answer, and still gives the only objectively true answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Discendo Vox posted:

Lotsa options here.