Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
they will never make a not-poo poo-in-at-least-one-mode blitzwing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Aw hell no

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

Which mode was the weak one for Titans Return Blitzwing?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Why big hands?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

ruddiger posted:

Which mode was the weak one for Titans Return Blitzwing?

All of them.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
TR Blitzwing has forced partsforming (headmaster), making him automatically the worst

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I love headmasters because they can sit in the cockpits of their vehicle mode and actually drive them, I know it makes no sense and it's too easy to lose the heads but I love it

Plus you can kind of pretend that they're like Highlander

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Headmasters are fine when the original designs are headmasters, or when the head can stay attached throughout. A fully enclosed cockpit in all relevant modes helps too. But the handfeelon Titan Masters was awful and most of the toys suffered from not just having foldaway heads.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I like Animated Blitzwing.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
That has to fold in somewhere, surely??

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Nope, that's a fake cockpit. The real one is on the underside. Animation model accurate.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Joe Fisto posted:

Why big hands?

Every Legacy figure has an “Energon weapon”. His are apparently Hulk hands.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I like TR Blitzwing and also this Blitzwing. Dunno if I want to pay leader prices for it, though.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The_Doctor posted:

That looks like the front of the tank is straight up missing. Are you all SURE that's how he looked in the cartoon? This was their chance to not gently caress it up and they had one job and they gave him Glowy Hulk Hands instead of a complete figure.

Joe Fisto posted:

Why big hands?

Yeah, why not The Front Of A Tank? The kids love those.

... maybe his stolen copy is missing a part.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

this feels like wearing your mask with your nose hanging out over top

you almost had it

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Whenever I think of Headmasters I always think of Fortress Maximus ripping his own head off to show he's a good guy.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Thrilling 30 Blitzwing is very good, actually.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

That looks like the front of the tank is straight up missing. Are you all SURE that's how he looked in the cartoon?

Apparently it is

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Robot Style posted:

Apparently it is

*incoherent sputtering noises*

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

He has his gun and his sword. The Energon hands aren’t there in place of anything.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Headmasters are basically mech suits for little men, and it's more fun than you'd think to be able to to play with the little guys going in and out of vehicles instead of just having a figure that's a guy that somehow has wheels, and that in combination with all the little pegs to have the headmasters stand on and just the gimmick adding a new dimension to altmodes where the chest didn't have to be a solid block hiding a head and having cockpits that can collapse when they're not needed and you can just leave neckholes exposed really invigorated the toyline, especially when there was a bit of a nadir of originality at that point when so many figures transformed in basically in the same way in order to be interchangeable combiners.

It didn't have to last forever, but it was a high point.

And the ones without cockpits did suck.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

The MechFansToys Blitzwing is the best. Both cheap enough to be a toy rather than a collector's piece, and good enough that it doesn't look like hot poo poo in at least one mode.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I think that Blitzwing's a pass for me. I could live with that tank mode but that plane mode's awful.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I liked TR Blitzwing, really liked DX9 Gewalt, so it's not like I have an issue with slightly janky Blitzwings, but between the tank dong and the big whatsit underneath the plane mode here I'm not real hopeful.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
The surgery was a success but it wasn't easy. Here were the instruments of destruction (you can see the foreign object on the end of the paperclip):

Rodimus had his rear end stretched only a little. His pride however... I fear the wounds are fatal.

e: wow what the gently caress is up with those 'energon fists' that come with Blitzwing?

TheDK fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Mar 24, 2022

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Well, you see, you could attach them to Bulkhead's gun.

They wouldn't look any good, mind.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

TheDK posted:

The surgery was a success but it wasn't easy. Here were the instruments of destruction (you can see the foreign object on the end of the paperclip):

Rodimus had his rear end stretched only a little. His pride however... I fear the wounds are fatal.

e: wow what the gently caress is up with those 'energon fists' that come with Blitzwing?

:hmmyes:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

TheDK posted:

Too bad this is probably too long cause this would be excellent thread title material

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Medullah posted:

Whenever I think of Headmasters I always think of Fortress Maximus ripping his own head off to show he's a good guy.

Would you argue with a guy willing to rip his own head off?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Blitzwing looks fine to me. McFeely is losing his poo poo on twitter because the robot mode shoulder wings are not the actual wings in jet mode, reminding me that I will never, ever understand the weird mental twistings of people who demand cartoon accuracy and then throw a fit when the tools required to make that happen are utilized.

Sockser posted:

Thrilling 30 Blitzwing is very good, actually.

Nah, he's dogshit. The alt modes are embarrassing, the robot mode is a gangly mess, and the soft plastic for the head led to many of the faces drying attached to the inside of the helmet, so you couldn't use the rotating face gimmick without ripping part of the face in the back off to free the rotation. There has never been a good Blitzwing toy, official or unofficial, but Thrilling 30 is the absolute worst one of all time. Really shocking considering that's the same line that gave us Springer/Sandstorm.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Robot Style posted:

Apparently it is

*incoherent sputtering noises*

It's toy-accurate!

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

Keldroc posted:

Blitzwing looks fine to me. McFeely is losing his poo poo on twitter because the robot mode shoulder wings are not the actual wings in jet mode, reminding me that I will never, ever understand the weird mental twistings of people who demand cartoon accuracy and then throw a fit when the tools required to make that happen are utilized.

Nah, he's dogshit. The alt modes are embarrassing, the robot mode is a gangly mess, and the soft plastic for the head led to many of the faces drying attached to the inside of the helmet, so you couldn't use the rotating face gimmick without ripping part of the face in the back off to free the rotation. There has never been a good Blitzwing toy, official or unofficial, but Thrilling 30 is the absolute worst one of all time. Really shocking considering that's the same line that gave us Springer/Sandstorm.

The best Blitzwing toy was the G1 original. They did the best with what little they had, and kid me found no fault with him.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

A good poster posted:

It's toy-accurate!

Isn't that supposed to be the back of the tank?

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I think that Blitzwing ultimately looks pretty cool. I was a little put off by his tank cock..pit (teehee) but upon seeing all those screenshots it's like "Well I suppose that's how it did look huh." I don't care what the toy does as long as it's fun to transform and looks cool so :shrug:

Also I did get Bumblebee Movie Brawn the other day and he's very cute and fun. The only downside is his gun doesn't stay on very well in vehicle mode due to too tiny of a hole.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Dabir posted:

Isn't that supposed to be the back of the tank?

It certainly seems that way. I'm surprised the cartoon designers made the same mistake.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
The front of the tank is supposed to have his thrusters in front, if you go by the G1 toy.

I really hope the Hulk Hands make some kind of glowy cowcatcher or some kind of other ramming device for the front of the tank.

Yeah, I'm one of those... but not one of [i]those, oddly. Partsforming is okay by me when it's required.

I'm probably gonna get him, let's be honest here.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

The front of the tank is supposed to have his thrusters in front, if you go by the G1 toy.

I really hope the Hulk Hands make some kind of glowy cowcatcher or some kind of other ramming device for the front of the tank.

Yeah, I'm one of those... but not one of [i]those, oddly. Partsforming is okay by me when it's required.

I'm probably gonna get him, let's be honest here.

Cool weapon storage is not partsforming :colbert:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Tardigrade posted:

The best Blitzwing toy was the G1 original.
:hmmyes:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Oh my god

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Mar 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

There's something deeply disturbing about that.