Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

seiferguy posted:

So uh, is anything gonna come out about this Ginni Thomas stuff?

Also, is Clarence still alive y/n

Clarence is dead just like the Queen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

seiferguy posted:

Ginni Thomas and Clarence Thomas have been problematic for some time. Her work, him not recusing himself from cases with her involvement.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
5-4 did a good episode on Ginni Thomas a couple of weeks ago, or rather interviewing someone who recently put out a hefty report on her (maybe in the NYT?). Super awesome that your Facebook grandma has the ear of one of the more powerful political actors in the country.

The father of one of my wife's best friends back in Thailand is apparently a pretty prominent federal judge, I've always wondered what he (or anyone practicing law outside of the US) would think about the American court system. Unfortunately he doesn't speak a lick of English, and my wife doesn't care enough to pass my weird notes along to him :v: He was at the wedding that we did over there so I consider him a buddy!

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Mar 25, 2022

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

seiferguy posted:

Have you not been paying attention?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

a sexual elk posted:

Have you not been paying attention?

I've seen all the stuff she's done, it's more... I have no idea if there will be consequences because lol America

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yes, Ginni Thomas will be Trump's new VP

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

seiferguy posted:

I mentioned elsewhere that one way you know Thomas is doing badly with whatever he has is reporters finally hitting publish on what they have on Ginny. She’s a complete sociopath and a functioning government would have forced Clarence out years ago.

She had also been long rumored as the slush fund to bribe Clarence Thomas. But no one has dragged her because of decorum bullshit.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

seiferguy posted:

lol America

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

FizFashizzle posted:

I mentioned elsewhere that one way you know Thomas is doing badly with whatever he has is reporters finally hitting publish on what they have on Ginny.

This has been my assumption as well. She’s fair game all of a sudden :thunk:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Alaois posted:

"We hired people who hated Halo"

"Having the Halo franchise was burdensome in a lot of ways -- meeting expectations, for example -- but it was great for hiring," O'Connor admits

"We had people who we hired who hated Halo because of 'X,'" says O'Connor. "But what that really meant was, 'I feel like this game could be awesome because of 'Y input' that I'm going to bring into it. I want to prove it, and I'm passionate about proving it.' So we ended up with a bunch of people who were genuinely passionate about the product. That is a huge advantage, and that helped in hiring and forming our team."

So loving gross dude. You have a generation of Sci fi writers that grew up with the Halo series and you deliberately ignore them to shoe horn your own bullshit takes into an established IP.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Game night tonight at the normal time, 7:30 CDT. Newcomers and oldcomers welcome!

https://discord.gg/MSpcMeeg

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Play posted:

what is that. that thing you're talking about

When using the Something Awful Last Read extension there iswas a "livestream" button in the lower right corner of the window, which would allow the page to periodically update every couple seconds. Came in handy instead of :f5: before posting.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

BlindSite posted:

So loving gross dude. You have a generation of Sci fi writers that grew up with the Halo series and you deliberately ignore them to shoe horn your own bullshit takes into an established IP.

I watched a five minute review of it and one thing the reviewer said was hopefully all the show runners for upcoming properties will look at Halo and take notes of what they want versus what fans are expecting. The minute they go "we're gonna try something different. Put our own spin on things" is when things go wrong.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

BlindSite posted:

i haven't watched the pilot because lmao, but did they actually explain the Chevy Tahoe or is that later in the season

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

General Dog posted:

I'm sure it's not the biggest problem with the show, but why does Cortana look so weird?

Wait, is she not a sex bot in the show?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

seiferguy posted:

no, and yes

The GOP will Weekend at Bernies him until January if they have to

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I finally got to fire up the rangetop today! Get to move in this weekend so Sunday morning breakfast gonna be amazing.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

wandler20 posted:

I finally got to fire up the rangetop today! Get to move in this weekend so Sunday morning breakfast gonna be amazing.

Heck yeah, send pics of the maiden voyage

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

wandler20 posted:

God drat that is sexy

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Skwirl posted:

Wait, is she not a sex bot in the show?

Looks less sexbot, more realdoll

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Freaquency posted:

God drat that is sexy

My thought exactly. I got a little flushed looking at it.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

wandler20 posted:

Gat drat I'm jealous. What heats the middle, gas or induction?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Norm MacDonald voice: "Wanna see a funny video?"

https://twitter.com/seanoconnz/status/1507116382898425856?t=dNHPiCmorMkj4Di2fhNXZQ&s=19

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Fifty Three posted:

Gat drat I'm jealous. What heats the middle, gas or induction?

It's all gas. 30k BTU heats the 24" griddle. It has temp sensors too so you can set the temp of the griddle.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/gabehurl/status/1507166126031216650?t=efwWJGZSby65T2HMBP6CxA&s=19

Eduardo "pistolas" Hochulí

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I want a griddle like that so bad. I miss my food truck flat top so much.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

wandler20 posted:

That is so sick

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Why is the Halo show making Mass Effect references? :shepface:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Its Rinaldo posted:

I watched a five minute review of it and one thing the reviewer said was hopefully all the show runners for upcoming properties will look at Halo and take notes of what they want versus what fans are expecting. The minute they go "we're gonna try something different. Put our own spin on things" is when things go wrong.

Pretty much mate, like gently caress. You could tell any number of good stories with the bullshit they want to ram down the audience's throat with a simple side plot. It would actually be a nice side plot if you had master chief be the actual force of good he was, something he had to work against in the chain of command for instance, it would actually fit with the lore a little, instead its just so brain dead.

Alaois posted:

i haven't watched the pilot because lmao, but did they actually explain the Chevy Tahoe or is that later in the season

They have not. As yet,.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Put in an offer on a house.

Did not sleep.

Was at gym 15 minutes before opening lol

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

Did not sleep.

Congratulations on finding a permanent home for your pup. Where is the place and what does it look like?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

I'm assuming I'll need to wander into SA's QCS threads but I noticed that some Something Awful plugin got rid of the "livestream" button, which was invaluable for TFF GDT's. I want to channel my inner Karen and demand a manager to fix this injustice.

I believe there is a tech support area outside QCS itself, but the question would most likely be 'what changed that then broke SALR," and anything to do with like the Awful app, SALR, etc. are all things handled by those teams and not SA itself. But worth figuring out.

for some reason Daddy Yankee's "Gasolina" popped into my brain

FizFashizzle posted:

Did not sleep.

:unsmith: hell yeah, those good goosebumps.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Pops Mgee posted:

Why is the Halo show making Mass Effect references? :shepface:

What?

I don’t have Paramount+ so I wasn’t that interested in the Halo show anyway, hell I haven’t liked one of the games since Reach from 2010 (After already being unimpressed by Halo 3, I didn’t like 4 either and haven’t bought anything since), but everything I’m hearing about this makes it sound like a complete clusterfuck.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

Is that a water faucet over the stove?? That’s awesome

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Wasn't there a live-action Halo thing that was an early XBox One offering, or did I imagine that.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

C-Euro posted:

Wasn't there a live-action Halo thing that was an early XBox One offering, or did I imagine that.

I thought it was just another cartoon, but i thought it was supposed to be more comedic.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/aita_online/status/1507318408278380549?s=21

I’ve been dying at this because you just know her dad was just giving her plain pasta the whole loving time.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

How loving bland do you have to be to prefer plain pasta.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Samadhi posted:

Congratulations on finding a permanent home for your pup. Where is the place and what does it look like?

15 minutes south of downtown Asheville. Secluded. Ludicrous back porch situation. Set up well for an air bnb if we decide to go that route

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

FizFashizzle posted:

Did not sleep.

Good luck! I've definitely had multiple sleepless nights since putting in the offer and getting it accepted at our condo.