Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

snaeksikn posted:

Matt Crouch had 30 touches!

:frogout:

At least Rachele is going to get the rising star, so that's something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
My phone keeps autocorrecting Nic Martin to Nice Martin, so, I guess that's him from now on

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

gently caress its good to have a Rioli causing havoc for your team, instead of against it.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

NPR Journalizard posted:

gently caress its good to have a Rioli causing havoc for your team, instead of against it.

That should have been a free kick to Rowell

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

realbez posted:

agree to disagree

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

realbez posted:

ok, I just saw the reply, and yeah, it should have been a free.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

NPR Journalizard posted:

ok, I just saw the reply, and yeah, it should have been a free.

Peace be upon u

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

monolithburger posted:

That's a golden fist winner if ever I've seen one.

I can't believe that didn't go through. Super effort by the Freo player.

I find it hard to get too disappointed at Crows losses these days considering there is no chance of us contending this year. Still, some bright signs for the future with the likes of Rachele, Dawson, Soligo, Thilthorpe and Rowe all contributing well.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

The Crows team that matters didn't play this weekend.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Certainly it's tough to support the Fremantle Dockers. Just... kick some more goals. Just kick like 30% more goals instead of points

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Adelaide and Melbourne finish 1st and 2nd and have to go into the prelim completely cold with their last game 3 weeks prior, while their opponents will have had the one week freshen up you’re supposed to get as a reward for your home and away season. Good poo poo AFLW

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
It's definitely unfortunate. At least in Melbourne's case Brisbane/Collingwood will play Sunday and face you guys the next weekend (presumably Saturday?) with only a six day turnaround.

The frustrating part is nobody really thinks Collingwood is going to beat Brisbane anyway. So we're just postponing everything a week so that Collingwood can get their asses kicked.

Still, I hesitate to complain too much after Fremantle literally went undefeated in 2020 only to have the finals called off at the last minute. I still can't believe they weren't able to find a way to play the last handful of matches.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Hell yeah Nice Martin for first rising star nom

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Rachele tbh

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

But Martin, really (its more impressive when you're the only good player on the team)

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Who do we think wins the spoon this year? As an Eagles supporter I'd say we're in with a pretty drat good shot.

We're definitely going to get more soft tissues with our old as gently caress list, compounded with all the outs to the midfield already. We'll get kerbstomped by the likes of the dogs/dees/cats

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Suspension for Rioli,

While warranted, Rowell isn't going to have a long career if he hospital runs into marking contests like that oft.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

thepokey posted:

But Martin, really (its more impressive when you're the only good player on the team)

Martin had a super game, no doubt. Could have gone either way. Reminds me of last year when Thilthorpe kicked five goals on debut, and the rising star nom ended up being someone on the other team that kicked 5.3!

Based on what Rachele showed, he should get a nom pretty soon anyway.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Diet Crack posted:

Who do we think wins the spoon this year? As an Eagles supporter I'd say we're in with a pretty drat good shot.

We're definitely going to get more soft tissues with our old as gently caress list, compounded with all the outs to the midfield already. We'll get kerbstomped by the likes of the dogs/dees/cats

The weekend showed the spoon is North’s to lose imo.

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
You guys talking about the spoon like it’s hard to hit the bottom…

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Forum Joe posted:

You guys talking about the spoon like it’s hard to hit the bottom…

Essendon have Brisbane then Melbourne. Could easily be 0-3 to start the year.

Somehow they don't leave Victoria until Round 9 though.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

lol Rioli gets off, the AFL is a joke and will be absolutely smashed by a lawsuit for how trivially they address potential head injuries

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Mitch Robinson, who was stationary by the time contact was made is banned.

Willie Rioli, who gave his best Darren Milburn impression, gets off

Absolute loving clowncar tribunal

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
It's the standard AFL thing of wanting to be seen as protecting the head, but not wanting to acknowledge that, yeah, players coming in from different directions and flying through the air for a mark with their centre of gravity at head height is pretty loving dangerous. Nobody wants to see the big marks outlawed. So bumps and tackles which are fine the vast majority of the time but occasionally and accidentally impact the head are heavily penalised, while a player smashing his hip into someone's face, or hell, sticking their knee straight into the base of someone's skull, is perfectly fine. Lauded, even. Might even win a car for it!

It sucks, but if we want to get serious about protecting the head, then sorry, you can't get someone head high in a marking contest. Full stop. Don't think you can avoid it? Then compete for the mark on the ground.

cmndstab fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Mar 22, 2022

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
When was the last time the team placed 17th on the ladder were favourites against the team placed 5th?

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Forum Joe posted:

When was the last time the team placed 17th on the ladder were favourites against the team placed 5th?
Probably round 2 of any given year.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

If the AFL is serious about protecting a player in Rowell’s position, like they say they are, then there’s really only two things they can do

1) the tribunal hosed up, our current rules are strong enough but they were misapplied, we are appealing the tribunals verdict
Or
2) our rules don’t have the level of protection we intended, and left room open for the tribunal to make a decision we never would have intended or predicted, we’re rewriting the rules

The only third option is they’re actually fine with a player getting flattened like that, which, okay, but is at odds with what they’ve said so far in this incident and with regards to head contact for the last ten years

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

I guess Barry Hall is only good at punching people who aren’t looking or expecting it

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Flaggers '22

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Abolish Carlton

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Seeing Carlton supporters popping up who I haven't heard from in years. Not good.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Not sure I'm enjoying this momentum footy, as much as it was great for the Dees last year. Watching sides trade piles of 5-6 goals isn't as fun as games that stay tight the whole way.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Neither side wants to win

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

monolithburger posted:

Abolish Carlton

The AFL tried

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Apparently Richmond told Ash Barty they had a roster spot if she was interested.

Would be interested to see if they can pull off making her unlikeable.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

gabensraum posted:

More and more people are saying, "Blues for the flag".

:hmmyes:

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/WestCoastEagles/status/1507190611124047875?t=eWJE3ioAuctudt8hnjcoug&s=19

Bloody hell, weagles getting wrecked by covid

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Went to go and change my tip away from the eagles, but that means thinking that Norf will win and I'm just not sure I'm ready to do that yet.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
North were a chance before the eagles lost their whole team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Half Essendon's list got covid over summer after Michael Hurley's wedding so hopefully there's not many left to catch it