Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Grittybeard posted:

Did Houston just screw up a 4 on 1?

Did Arizona just allow a 4 on 1 off a baseline inbound?

3 on 1 but yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Feel like the announcers are kind of really underselling this insanely back-and-forth game that could be the end of Coach K's career

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

xbilkis posted:

Feel like the announcers are kind of really underselling this insanely back-and-forth game that could be the end of Coach K's career

He's retiring ????? You'd think they'd say something about that on the broadcast.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Feels like Arizona has had a lot of bounces go their way on balls that the Coogs come juuuuust short of getting to

Of course I say this after Houston gets a blind heave save from going OOB followed by a three so

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
:psyduck: why would you let them stand out there for 20 seconds with no pressure and then foul? Like, if you're going for a turnover I'd get it, but they just let them stand at halfcourt.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

ugh another missed rebound

I'm worried they're going to regret these

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Arizona can't get anything to drop, even the layup drives seem off.

Houston clearly doing what they needed to

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
gently caress Duke. That is all.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
"Go for the 2" - Guy giving advice to a team down 4 with 11 seconds left

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Man Tech deserved better; just got cold and locked up at the wrong time.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I don't know if it was Kriisa getting hurt right before the tournament or what but Arizona just hasn't taken care of the ball in the tournament, looks like it's finally caught up to them.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

uhhhh the game's not over yet coogs

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
The hell are you doing here Houston?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

shead how do you fall for the same trap twice in a row

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Intruder posted:

uhhhh the game's not over yet coogs

It is now.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

ok that should be game

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
this is the the opposite of the last game lol

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

HOW DO YOU LEAVE HIM THAT OPEN

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
:rip: cats

Parappa the Dapper
Jul 2, 2003

...and then my toast came out soft.

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It's such bad seeding that Arizona had to face Houston in the Sweet 16. They're both fantastic teams.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

N: Two #1s fall in the same night.

V: Just put this on endless loop at full volume:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9euMKtYLK0

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I'd love to say I was shocked but Houston scared the heck out of me and not just on my doomer poo poo from early on, well coached, execute nearly perfectly, and Arizona has not lately.

Someone has to lose and it's better to lose to a good team and it's nice to be back to being in the mix for the NCAA, hopefully Tommy Lloyd can fill the spots and they can grow to actually winning one of these again someday.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That Duke game was fun as gently caress to listen to

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Rick posted:

Someone has to lose and it's better to lose to a good team and it's nice to be back to being in the mix for the NCAA

This is what was going through my head while Baylor demolished Gonzaga a game after demolishing Houston

phew, it's not just us

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
I can't believe we won that after getting into a lot of early foul trouble and Moore and White doing very little. We got huge minutes from Ramon Walker, of all people'

Won't be able to sleep tonight, absolutely buzzing

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Rick posted:

I'd love to say I was shocked but Houston scared the heck out of me and not just on my doomer poo poo from early on, well coached, execute nearly perfectly, and Arizona has not lately.

Someone has to lose and it's better to lose to a good team and it's nice to be back to being in the mix for the NCAA, hopefully Tommy Lloyd can fill the spots and they can grow to actually winning one of these again someday.

Totally agree. We came from nothing this year, and we ran into a steamroller in Houston. We were clearly outmatched, and as usual guard play wins the tourney, and our pg spot was a black hole in this game.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Rick posted:

My mom's boyfriend is a veterinarian.

He lets me call him Rick.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I missed the late games yesterday and I’m really disappointed in you Texas Tech. Now hopefully Kansas can lose and we’ll be without a 1 seed in the elite eight.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Kelvin Sampson is extremely good.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I knew the instant I saw Houston playing their first game that it was a mistake to pick AZ as my national champ. :negative:

Parappa the Dapper
Jul 2, 2003

...and then my toast came out soft.

Poque posted:

Kelvin Sampson is extremely good.

At recruiting violations

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Bird in a Blender posted:

I missed the late games yesterday and I’m really disappointed in you Texas Tech. Now hopefully Kansas can lose and we’ll be without a 1 seed in the elite eight.

gee thanks. the thanks we get for knocking out that bagley duke team.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Still blows my mind how far and fast Houston has come. When I was in school it was spoke of in past tense, just dark halls and ghosts and the annual clip of the Jimmy V game.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Parappa the Dapper posted:

At recruiting violations

hell yeah

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

At recruiting violations

I mean yeah as a Purdue guy I was screaming GET THIS GUY OUTTA HERE but I think all his past violations are straight up allowed now and he clearly rules

Probably Magic posted:

gee thanks. the thanks we get for knocking out that bagley duke team.

Kansas vs Duke is proof that "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" is bullshit

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Go a Cyclone. gently caress a Hurricane. God bless.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

At recruiting violations

This has been my favorite genre of salty tweets since last night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021
Recruiting violations are a fake idea