Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
nothing can bring a Canadian politics thread together like jason kenney getting owned by his own party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

infernal machines posted:

how dumb does someone have to be before it crosses the line into poor taste to make fun of them?

Kenney or the truck fuckler?

I don't think we're there yet in either case.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
bring back the jason kenny flash game

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Hexigrammus posted:

Kenney or the truck fuckler?

I don't think we're there yet in either case.

ostensibly the truck fuckler. kenny will always be fair game, he's a politician

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
cut to kenney triggering a provincial election to avoid losing leadership

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

https://twitter.com/Canadia56668243/status/1506974812006195205

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

pokeyman posted:

cut to kenney triggering a provincial election to avoid losing leadership

this would own but knowing this poo poo province he'd get reelected

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

what's the context for this?

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Trudeau got taken to task by a handful of fascist MEPs for his terrible authoritarian crackdown, proving that Canada is an international laughingstock throughout the world, and the complicit MSM is suppressing the story

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

there are 705 MPs in the eu parliament and like 4 fascists were mad at trudeau lol

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

thanks!

Dr. Thoss
Aug 22, 2011

i am a doctor. my name is thoss.

Futanari Damacy posted:

Friendship ended with Shwarma Khan. Baraka is my new best friend!

The hero of the Tarkatan people and courageous defender of the Netherrealm? I suppose i should not be surprised to find out he is a master of meats cooked on skewers aswell.

Dr. Thoss
Aug 22, 2011

i am a doctor. my name is thoss.

oh no! i spent all my money helping people do crimes and quit my job to go participate in those crimes and now i don't have a job or money and my landlord threw me out because i couldn't pay my rent and also because i did crimes! how could I have predicted this outcome? so unfair! a bloo bla bloo! a bloo bla bloo bloo bloo!

fake edit: also, wtf is up with this dudes tiny lil noggin?

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.
He's a kooppa troopa

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Juul-Whip posted:

lmao

you made your bed, bitch

Dreylad posted:

lmao smells like democracy idiot. every one of these conservative assholes knew what they were doing when they started to stoke this poo poo

"How dare these people join MY party to have a say in whether or not I should lead!" Sorry you both made and then stirred up the hornets nest, you piece of poo poo.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

I love it when I see people who think scare quotes are meant to be used for emphasis.

https://twitter.com/HelgaDent/status/1507217618754682880

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

“Defund the CBC” is one of those phrases which tells me nothing about the politics of the person saying it. it’s something I think everyone agrees with these days

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

The information is so suppressed I don't even know what they are bitching about

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I know that convoy guy is funny but it is legit an issue that the worst fallout of the pandemic has pretty much been entirely on vulnerable people and there is a whole extremist apparatus ready to welcome them and exploit them.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Dr. Thoss posted:

oh no! i spent all my money helping people do crimes and quit my job to go participate in those crimes and now i don't have a job or money and my landlord threw me out because i couldn't pay my rent and also because i did crimes! how could I have predicted this outcome? so unfair! a bloo bla bloo! a bloo bla bloo bloo bloo!

fake edit: also, wtf is up with this dudes tiny lil noggin?

the landlord also sucks though, that sounds like a pretty illegal eviction.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Noblesse Obliged posted:

“Defund the CBC” is one of those phrases which tells me nothing about the politics of the person saying it. it’s something I think everyone agrees with these days

It is?

I kind of don't care, and assume anyone saying defund CBC is one of those "LIEberal medial!!1" types.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

Noblesse Obliged posted:

I know defund the CBC is funny to say when the CBC posts some terrible imperialist poo poo, but CBC as a concept is good and should get more funding

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Duck Rodgers posted:

I know defund the CBC is funny to say when the CBC posts some terrible imperialist poo poo, but CBC as a concept is good and should get more funding

radio 3 needs to come back then it’s acceptable as an institution.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

prom candy posted:

the landlord also sucks though, that sounds like a pretty illegal eviction.

Do things like "laws" apply to Fort Mac landlords? I expect they're special cases inside the special case of Alberta.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

Futanari Damacy has issued a correction as of 14:15 on Oct 29, 2022

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Noblesse Obliged posted:

that's not true at all, what. the only people unironically spouting defund the cbc constantly and loudly are chuds.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I like the idea of the state funding an independent arm's length media source, I just wish the CBC didn't suck so bad. But then again it sucks in all the same ways as privately-owned modern journalism so I guess I can't really fault it too much.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
CBC should get enough funding that they don't have to chase clicks for advertising revenue.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

If I was a Canadian nationalist I'd say it's bad that so much of our media is privately owned by USA and that there should be more state funded outlets like CBC. But I am not, so gently caress it, who cares.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

CBC Radio seems decent to me. Yesterday they were interviewing some conservative MP who was so mad about the supply and confidence agreement and the host was just continuously dunking on him for not understanding how parliamentary democracy works. Near the end she was just pointing out how it sounds like the CPC is mostly just salty about their inability to accomplish anything compared to the NDP of all parties.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
CBC constantly running ads for a predatory gambling website during the winter Olympics was sure something

Either fund it more so it doesn't need to, or dismantle it if it keeps that poo poo up

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Durf posted:

i will wear my mask as long as essential workers have to, at the very least. feels rude otherwise

reminder that Owen Pallett used to be Lamb's neighbor and wrote a song based on poo poo he screamed at his wife

"I feed you every morning and ask so little
But you belittle all the work, all the work that I do
When you take that walk without permission
I’m not defensive, I’m just saying this cause I love you
You know I hate it when your friends are in the pool
Old money stinks, send those faggots back to Forest Hill
Contentment? What contentment? I am bald and impotent
Is that what it’s about? Oh honey, honey, shut your mouth”

From a few pages back but you blew my mind with this. I've listened to this song hundreds of times over the years and never put the two together hahahaha that rules

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Coxswain Balls posted:

the CPC is mostly just salty about their inability to accomplish anything compared to the NDP of all parties.

absolutely brutal

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Martian Manfucker posted:

From a few pages back but you blew my mind with this. I've listened to this song hundreds of times over the years and never put the two together hahahaha that rules

Likewise. I told it my partner with breathless excitement after reading and they were pretty nonplussed, so I'm glad someone here is equally amazed by this information

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

about the song, but brad lamb's been a known shithead for a long-rear end time.

he was recently called out for illegally renting apartments above an auto-shop that were giving the residents CO poisoning. when this became public, he evicted everyone with no notice. the building is going to be redeveloped as... condos

infernal machines has issued a correction as of 19:23 on Mar 25, 2022

dieselfruit
Feb 21, 2013

brad lamb burns down heritage buildings

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

paul_soccer12 posted:

CBC constantly running ads for a predatory gambling website during the winter Olympics was sure something

Either fund it more so it doesn't need to, or dismantle it if it keeps that poo poo up

Yeah this, a million true crime podcasts, and the concept of the public broadcaster running Family Feud Canada with Gerry dee have pretty much killed any faith I have in the current CBC structure. Keep the local stations and radio, let the rest go or let global do it or whatever

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

I have trouble reconciling "this is how parliament works" with "parliamentary procedure is largely tradition"

obviously I'm thinking about it because of the post a few above, and that's one of the less dissonant examples of "that's how it works". there's no argument to be made for "supply agreements are illegal" or whatever

but in general it feels like an inadequate response. if something is unwritten tradition then it's very easy to change. and if your standard of government is "it's not illegal" then you're gonna have a bad time if 99% of canadians think you're doing something illegitimate but technically legal

idk I don't really have a solid point here. just feels like the "nyah I'm not touching you" of parliamentary procedure

also triple the cbc budget and ban advertising from everything it touches

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The CBC is great and gently caress anyone saying defund it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

as opposed to all the poo poo harper pulled that was also technically not illegal and simply against tradition?

the thing is this has always been the case, and both the CPC and the liberals have had ample opportunity to try to change it or enact actual laws to govern things, and they haven't. so take it as read that the peoples' representatives in this here representative democracy, do not in fact have a problem with the function of parliament in practice

infernal machines has issued a correction as of 20:52 on Mar 25, 2022