Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Apparently the guy who drove the red truck away after a tornado flipped it is getting a new one.

https://twitter.com/KTVU/status/1507331504443121670

Dude was 16!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/_brittanyv/status/1506881040970752008

Well she got a laugh out of me at least

Bird in a Blender posted:

How loving bland do you have to be to prefer plain pasta.

If she likes plain pasta then gently caress it but the need for the whole theater of saucing it then rinsing it off is dumb as hell

Intruder fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Mar 25, 2022

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Silly Burrito posted:

Apparently the guy who drove the red truck away after a tornado flipped it is getting a new one.

Dude was 16!!!!

lol, this loving rules.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Intruder posted:

https://twitter.com/_brittanyv/status/1506881040970752008

Well she got a laugh out of me at least

If she likes plain pasta then gently caress it but the need for the whole theater of saucing it then rinsing it off is dumb as hell

She has form

https://twitter.com/kbanf/status/1507083357397532681

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Silly Burrito posted:

Dude was 16!!!!

Yep, 04 Silverado. Took a hell of a beating.

https://twitter.com/Shepardess4/status/1507170864621576194

He works at the Whataburger in Manor. A pretty solid location.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

wandler20 posted:

I finally got to fire up the rangetop today! Get to move in this weekend so Sunday morning breakfast gonna be amazing.

Hi friend I have like three pounds of smoked pulled pork in the freezer that would crisp up excellently on that flat top, I’ll bring some tortillas too see you Sunday!

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Is that a water faucet over the stove?? That’s awesome

Yep, it's called a pot filler and if I ever have one that's how I know I've made it in life.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

wandler20 posted:

It's all gas. 30k BTU heats the 24" griddle. It has temp sensors too so you can set the temp of the griddle.
gently caress yeah.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Bird in a Blender posted:

I thought it was just another cartoon, but i thought it was supposed to be more comedic.

Nah this was live-action, or at least I remember seeing a couple of stills or a short clip of it. Maybe it was part of Halo 5?

LeeMajors posted:

https://twitter.com/aita_online/status/1507318408278380549?s=21

I’ve been dying at this because you just know her dad was just giving her plain pasta the whole loving time.

The boyfriend is definitely not the rear end in a top hat, but he is a moron for breaking kayfabe on this one.

VVVV Yeah exactly

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Mar 25, 2022

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

He clevered himself into a corner. If he didn't need her to know he was so clever he could have just kept up the ruse and wouldn't have made more work for himself.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

She's 20 and they've been dating for 3 years?

:thunk:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Guze posted:

She's 20 and they've been dating for 3 years?

:thunk:

Yeah she said almost three so maybe she’s almost 21 and they started when she was 18? Big age difference there.

I’m still dying at the “essence of tomato”. Like that is definitely a dad thing to say to assuage your whining picky kid.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Braksgirl posted:

He clevered himself into a corner. If he didn't need her to know he was so clever he could have just kept up the ruse and wouldn't have made more work for himself.

Big time dumbass. now he just sparked "what else is he lying about?" thoughts

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Braksgirl posted:

Yep, it's called a pot filler and if I ever have one that's how I know I've made it in life.
I was today years old when I learned about this. Now I want one. That's 4 feet.of travel that I wouldn't have to carry a full pot of water.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Actually that makes me wonder, do y'all have any food preferences or dislikes from when you were a kid that you've carried over into adulthood? I'm almost 34 and I still can't stand peas, but my mom was a big-time pea hater when I was young so I think it comes from that.

Fortunately I have managed to get away from my usual Dairy Queen order from my younger days- a chocolate Blizzard with Nerds candy mixed in :psyduck:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Liver. Once or twice a year my mother would buy this. God knows why.

I don't know how anyone can possibly eat this. Just the smell makes me want to dry heave.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

C-Euro posted:

Fortunately I have managed to get away from my usual Dairy Queen order from my younger days- a chocolate Blizzard with Nerds candy mixed in :psyduck:

Butterfinger blizzard (or anything butterfinger bigger than a fun size) was my go to way back when and I don't know how I still have teeth.

I've gotten over most of my childhood stuff but for a normal thing that will give me pause: sweet potatoes. They're fine! I know they're fine. At least now I know. But the horrible childhood midwest thanksgiving sweet potato casserole that involves marshmallows has left me very, very hesitant about anything sweet potatoes.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Liver. Once or twice a year my mother would buy this. God knows why.

I don't know how anyone can possibly eat this. Just the smell makes me want to dry heave.

Liver can be very good but you have to marinate it for like a week and is generally not worth the effort.

There was a huge spike in meat prices during the Nixon administration and they tried to push liver as a viable alternative.

It pissed everyone off when Nixon kept getting photographed eating huge steaks.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Grittybeard posted:

I've gotten over most of my childhood stuff but for a normal thing that will give me pause: sweet potatoes. They're fine! I know they're fine. At least now I know. But the horrible childhood midwest thanksgiving sweet potato casserole that involves marshmallows has left me very, very hesitant about anything sweet potatoes.

Big same on sweet potatoes. Something about the texture gets me too.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

C-Euro posted:

Actually that makes me wonder, do y'all have any food preferences or dislikes from when you were a kid that you've carried over into adulthood? I'm almost 34 and I still can't stand peas, but my mom was a big-time pea hater when I was young so I think it comes from that.

100% Pickles. I hate them. I hate the smell of them. I Do Not want them anywhere near my burgers or sandwiches or anything else. Funny thing is that only applies to pickled cucumbers. Pickled okra? You bet. Pickled peppers? Give it to me. Regular pickles though can gently caress right off.

I've also never liked tomatoes on my burgers/sandwiches. I can't really taste them for whatever reason so it's always just this mushy thing in the middle. They're fine on literally anything else though.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Liver is fine in chinese stir fry dishes.

Not a fan of it otherwise.

I hate the texture / flavor of most nuts in food. Stemming from when I was a kid, because allergic to peanuts must mean I'm allergic to all nuts right?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Foods I didn't like as a kid and still don't like now:
-Oatmeal/Cream of Wheat
-Eggplant (tho I recently like it made into crispy chips)
-Bananas by themselves (cooked/put into other things so I don't deal with its texture is fine)
-Cantaloupes/melons
-Pears

Almost all of these is a texture thing.

I never ate beef liver when I was young but I ate chicken liver a bit. I don't mind the flavor too much but texture can be very hit or miss. Beef liver even more so; I did have beef liver at this restaurant once that I thought was incredibly tasty; it came with fried onion strings on top too.

Liver pate is common with poultry. I wonder if I could do the same with beef?

Android Apocalypse fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Mar 25, 2022

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Grittybeard posted:

I had the same thing but it manifested into hate for marshmallows. I'm fine just roasting sweet potatoes in the oven, but marshmallows in anything puts me off.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

saintonan posted:

I had the same thing but it manifested into hate for marshmallows. I'm fine just roasting sweet potatoes in the oven, but marshmallows in anything puts me off.

Even like roasting marshmallows over a fire or in smores?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

FizFashizzle posted:

Liver can be very good but you have to marinate it for like a week and is generally not worth the effort.

There was a huge spike in meat prices during the Nixon administration and they tried to push liver as a viable alternative.

It pissed everyone off when Nixon kept getting photographed eating huge steaks.

That reminds me of his last white house meal. A single scoop of cottage cheese, some pineapple slices, and a glass of milk.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Jello, puddings, custards and pie crusts are things I dislike and are mostly texture related. I also hate lettuce and the only cucumber based pickles I like were the spicy dills my grandpa made. Organ meats are also usually a no go and outside of a few things I don't like red meat much either.

As a kid I hated eggs and cheese too but now I like both. So there's that.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I was like whatever on the pot filler but the wife wanted it and I didn't have much leverage to say no after getting my dream rangetop.

T-Square posted:

Hi friend I have like three pounds of smoked pulled pork in the freezer that would crisp up excellently on that flat top, I’ll bring some tortillas too see you Sunday!

Hell yeah! Let's go!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I cut down my red meat consumption considerably over the pandemic and I hate that I don't care for steaks as much as I used to. A perfectly aged ribeye was my favorite meal to make or have at a restaurant… and now I'm :geno: at the thought of it.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
As a child of the 90s I still have a deeply ingrained revulsion at any meat that has big chunks of fat. Pork belly, some steak cuts, etc.

It's been a slow re-education process and making progress by, for example, using chicken thighs instead of breasts. Also just eating less meat in general.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

C-Euro posted:

Mushrooms in general are a completely inexplicable trigger for me, but especially because my parents used to grill those big portobellos and eat them like hamburgers, and for no good reason the smell is like kryptonite for me, makes me want to dry heave on contact

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Joey Freshwater posted:

Even like roasting marshmallows over a fire or in smores?

Yep. I'll happily make graham cracker and chocolate sandwiches, but no marshmallow.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

C-Euro posted:

Pickles and tomatoes, whole and sliced. Other pickled stuff is fine, pico de gallo is fine, ketchup is fine, tomato soup is fine, etc etc. That's about it tbh.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Absolutely pickles and mayo for me. Still can't stand either of them, and it is a loving chore to eat at sandwich places because almost every sandwich has mayo on it.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

dirty shrimp money posted:

Yep, 04 Silverado. Took a hell of a beating.

https://twitter.com/Shepardess4/status/1507170864621576194

He works at the Whataburger in Manor. A pretty solid location.

I’m a little upset that this kid was too young to be making Twister references while driving a red pickup through a tornado.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

C-Euro posted:

Liver and poo poo on a Shingle (or chipped beef if you're so inclined). Both make me heave on sight.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Definitely not a holdover from when I was a kid, but pretty much the only thing I will outright refuse now is Jell-O and any type of gummy worms/bears/candies. Jell-O squicks me out and I just hate gummy poo poo getting stuck in my teefs.

Android Apocalypse posted:

I cut down my red meat consumption considerably over the pandemic and I hate that I don't care for steaks as much as I used to. A perfectly aged ribeye was my favorite meal to make or have at a restaurant… and now I'm :geno: at the thought of it.

I enjoy a good steak especially if I’m the one cooking it, but it’s never really my first pick. It just seems so boring to just eat a hunk of meat on its own outside of a special occasion thick ribeye or tomahawk ribeye, I would rather slice it up and make a baller steak sandwich or make some asada tacos or something.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

They accepted the offer oh poo poo oh gently caress

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

FizFashizzle posted:

Congrats :toot:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

FizFashizzle posted:

Hell yeah congrats!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Congrats!

Also I just remembered that I would peel and eat raw sweet or red onions like apples as q kid. I don't do that now but I still do love a good dose of onion, raw or cooked, in my food. Same with tomatoes, minus the peeling.