Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
Hobart was just +1 attack, and didn't apply to weapons that were already in play. Captain Greenskin has seen play once or twice, and Ashvane is significantly better. I'm also guessing warriors might get a weapon that synergises well with the bonus stats

edit: it also depends on whether "5 mana 5/5 with value upside" will be a playable category of card in the new meta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Always. Play. Tess.

This game was loving nuts. I got an early Brann off of Brann, then I played Alexstraza. I got another Brann, a Velastraz, a Murazond, another Velastrez, a triple off that double Murazond, which got me a golden Brann, which I then got 3 dragons off Velastraz, which got me a golden Murazond, which gets me like 9 loving cards, plus the other tripled Velastrez, then golden Velastrez the next turn... NUTS.

My only regret was I could only get 5 golden divine shield poison windfury Amalgadons before I killed everyone.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Hobart's effect is terrible by comparison, it was +1 attack only and did not affect equipped weapons. Greenskin is legitimately a closer comparison.

I dont have hope for her because weapons tend to fall off late game even if you buff their durability by 1 but "weapon" is a broad category they can do a lot with.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

peer posted:

Hobart was just +1 attack, and didn't apply to weapons that were already in play. Captain Greenskin has seen play once or twice, and Ashvane is significantly better. I'm also guessing warriors might get a weapon that synergises well with the bonus stats

edit: it also depends on whether "5 mana 5/5 with value upside" will be a playable category of card in the new meta

Greenskin gives an extra swing, and also the Pirate tag is pretty significant since Pirate Warrior is one of the most weapon-y Warrior decks around

peer
Jan 17, 2004

Julio Cruz posted:

Greenskin gives an extra swing

?? Ashvane gives +1 durability as well

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Ah, yeah I missed that, my bad

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'll admit she really does have all the marks of a filler legendary tho. Why not at least slap the naga tag (or any tag) on a unit with this effect.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

yeah i think it's way too early to say whether she's Bad but she's definitely Boring and that's the bigger sin

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Also demon Hunter just got best in shell -1 hp on each body, no tradeable and a 3 spells played while in hand requirement lmbo

e: oh nm you get a third taunt, that’s a fair wall I guess

Firebert fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Mar 24, 2022

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
I wouldn't be surprised if Ashvane's usable by the end of her rotation, but Warrior is losing their current weapons-matter package from Scholomance. So we'll just have to wait and see if a few 6/3 Arcanite Reapers or the like are enough benefit by themselves to make it worth your time.

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Mar 24, 2022

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Ashvane is pretty boring, but I wouldn't write it off as bad. It's a decent effect for a 5 mana 5/5. Doctor Krastinov saw a bit of play too back when Scholomance was new, and I'd say this is better overall. Will probably have a similar lifecycle though, depending on which weapons will get introduced.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xeSzfhP3SI

Neat, they are bringing back dormant but much better since they are only dormant for a single turn. All three divers seem pretty powerful imo

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Firebert posted:

Neat, they are bringing back dormant but much better since they are only dormant for a single turn. All three divers seem pretty powerful imo

Between these divers and the free legendary that counters a spell or minion, they've been giving us some good neutral ways to disrupt our opponent's plans for their next turn. Which I'm really enjoying, there should be more ways to go "if you play what you want to, I will absolutely ruin your turn".

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Between these divers and the free legendary that counters a spell or minion, they've been giving us some good neutral ways to disrupt our opponent's plans for their next turn. Which I'm really enjoying, there should be more ways to go "if you play what you want to, I will absolutely ruin your turn".

I still have a soft spot for Gankster for this.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

My nephew was watching me play and suggested Explosive Sheep should be named Baa-boom and I was like drat, yeah

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
https://twitter.com/VGC_News/status/1507040720670101511?s=20&t=PcBEj0I5iElafQSX5hTRAg

Oh for gently caress's sake

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

It seems to be the same stuff that they were already being sued by the state for? I'd expect a lot of these in the coming months, especially with the MS takeover coming on. Not sure if they could sue MS for the actions of the previous owner. I hope they all get millions of dollars.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Mayveena posted:

It seems to be the same stuff that they were already being sued by the state for? I'd expect a lot of these in the coming months, especially with the MS takeover coming on. Not sure if they could sue MS for the actions of the previous owner. I hope they all get millions of dollars.

It's MORE of it. The dates on the allegation go all the way to November 21 if I remember correct.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Fairly situational but it's a powerful effect.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Another gm weekend, watch for presumably 2 free packs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QAwaw5E0CY

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I have altered and updated my dumb Wild Reno Elemental Shaman deck and now it seems to win instead of losing, at least in Casual:

### Renomental
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (0) Lightning Bloom
# 1x (1) Sphere of Sapience
# 1x (1) Toxfin
# 1x (2) Acidic Swamp Ooze
# 1x (2) Auctionhouse Gavel
# 1x (2) Bolner Hammerbeak
# 1x (2) Cagematch Custodian
# 1x (2) Elementary Reaction
# 1x (2) Fire Plume Harbinger
# 1x (2) Firemancer Flurgl
# 1x (2) Ice Fishing
# 1x (2) Murmuring Elemental
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 1x (3) Bog Slosher
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 1x (3) Electra Stormsurge
# 1x (3) Far Sight
# 1x (3) Primal Dungeoneer
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 1x (4) Granite Forgeborn
# 1x (4) Sandbinder
# 1x (5) Lilypad Lurker
# 1x (5) Loatheb
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 1x (6) Fire Elemental
# 1x (6) Grumble, Worldshaker
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson
# 1x (7) Blazecaller
# 1x (8) Kalimos, Primal Lord
# 1x (9) Shudderwock
#
AAEBAYHaAx6yBvoOwxaFF5PBAvPCAsjHAovOAqvnAsPqAuDqAp7wArP3Au/3Apn7AouFA7WYA/yjA4/OA/DUA6reA6juA6/uA+PuA9b1A8D2A4b6A6iKBIyfBKyfBAAA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Kalko posted:

is Fire Sale rotating already? because if not I don’t know why you’d choose to run this card over it

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Julio Cruz posted:

is Fire Sale rotating already? because if not I don’t know why you’d choose to run this card over it

nope Fire Sale is still in (UiS, you can tell its a Gryphon card by the Tradeable keyword)

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Excelzior posted:

nope Fire Sale is still in (UiS, you can tell its a Gryphon card by the Tradeable keyword)

I thought it seemed very soon but I wasn’t 100% sure what was rotating and what wasn’t

In that case Volcanomancy seems pretty bad, it’s a two-card combo that you might be able to get down on T3 if you draw both parts, and unlike Fire Sale you can’t trade it away against a non-aggro deck

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Kalko posted:

Feels like a card I might choose from Discover I guess?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Best case I can think of is throw it on a smaller minion so they can't value trade into a taunt without blowing up their other stuff? Ot would be better as a warlock card that only hits an adjacent minion but chains like defile.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Anyone know if the damage is from the minion or from the spell? If from the minion then it could be good if you had a lifesteal or poison minion.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I think it's from the spell. I'd imagine they'd phrase it as "give a minion deathrattle: deal 3 damage to all minions" otherwise. Plus they love their spell power mages.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
There's already precedent in Shadowflame, which doesn't deal damage from the minion

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

gandlethorpe posted:

There's already precedent in Shadowflame, which doesn't deal damage from the minion

Thanks.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

I think I like it.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

Doji Sekushi posted:

I think I like it.

How does dormant work if it triggers on your opponent's turn? Does it activate at the start of your next turn, or the start of their next turn? Because the first is potentially really nice since it lets you ensure the opponent can't wipe out a minion with a powerful ongoing effect.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Bremen posted:

How does dormant work if it triggers on your opponent's turn? Does it activate at the start of your next turn, or the start of their next turn? Because the first is potentially really nice since it lets you ensure the opponent can't wipe out a minion with a powerful ongoing effect.

Same as when your minion gets Devolving Missle'd: it's dormant, and on your turn the dormant counter goes down one tick.

Here the minion would awaken and be unable to attack until the following turn, per usual

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Best case I can think of is throw it on a smaller minion so they can't value trade into a taunt without blowing up their other stuff? Ot would be better as a warlock card that only hits an adjacent minion but chains like defile.

I'm still not seeing it do anything that Fire Sale doesn't do much more consistently, and I really don't think there's room to run both, particularly as with all the Colossal cards it looks like the meta might be slowing down a bit

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Julio Cruz posted:

I'm still not seeing it do anything that Fire Sale doesn't do much more consistently, and I really don't think there's room to run both, particularly as with all the Colossal cards it looks like the meta might be slowing down a bit

It feels like a lot of anti aggro as well. I can't see continuing to run taunt Druid once the expansion hits.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

quest hunter is going to dominate the standard meta

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Excelzior posted:

quest hunter is going to dominate the standard meta

I like quest hunter but have been wary of crafting what I need for it until the expansion is totally known.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Quest hunter might not be good depending on what spells they lose both from the rotation or the core set changing.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Julio Cruz posted:

Well, if your opponent plays a one-drop on turn one you can play Volcanology on it and then use the threat of exploding the entire board to stop them from developing more until your Fire Sales come online. Is that enough to be more than a fun trick? Ehhh, I'm not good at judging AoE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Chernabog posted:

Quest hunter might not be good depending on what spells they lose both from the rotation or the core set changing.

True, but I don't feel like they're in danger of losing much power at all that isn't instantly compensated with the cards revealed so far (like losing Arcane Shot and replacing it with Barbed Net)