Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Manoueverable posted:

Absolutely pickles and mayo for me. Still can't stand either of them, and it is a loving chore to eat at sandwich places because almost every sandwich has mayo on it.

I've talked about the mistakes known as mayo and pickles in the past so instead I'll say I can eat liver but only in the form of pate

Also congrats Fitz! I bet you'll have one happy doggo with that yard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

They accepted the offer oh poo poo oh gently caress

Congrats man! Now the stressful part begins!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Summer squash’s internal sliminess turns of me so badly, which sucks because I love it blanched.

Also I can’t get past the inner sliminess of okra, no matter how it’s prepared.

I’ve pretty much slain all my other childhood food demons—mostly through proper cutting and cooking.

Boomers and their soggy boiled veggies and floppy huge onion slices :psyboom:

FizFashizzle posted:

Yooooooooo :respek:

Was it 50k over asking? Seemed a little too painless.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

5k over.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

That's a hell of a win for you! Congratulations!

What's the 1st home improvement project for this spot?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Congrats, Fiz!

I love liverwurst and liver pate but I've never had liver in the form of liver before. :shrug:

I loved bananas as a baby then hated them as I grew up but I love them again. Bananas are good.

I truly hate bitter melon. My mom always put it in food growing up "because it's good for your skin" and I'd always pick it out. Nowadays I'll man up and eat it but I still don't like it!!! :argh:

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

FizFashizzle posted:

Time to start saying "always something right?"

Whenever a project comes up.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Badass, nice work.

I dunno if Asheville has popped it’s lid like Charleston but I’m sure it’s gone at least a little crazy.

We bought our first house for like 180k in 2013. We sold for 250k in 2017, and it’s valued at almost 400k now.

Just buckwild poo poo for a 60yo ranch <1300sf with 1 bathroom and septic system.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

FizFashizzle posted:

congrats and condolences

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

Dude, you bought a house! In this economy!

Like not even trying to make the reference, seriously, congrats!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
There's a few foods I don't "like" but can eat through if they're mixed with other things, like pickles (prefer not to have them but can eat it on a burger if I'm too lazy to remove them) or mushrooms (I gag eating this by itself).

I absolutely cannot stand green beans. I'm also sensitive to certain fish flavors and usually have to marinate fish in milk before cooking it to remove the fishy flavor (it's a thing! It works!).

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Congrats, Fiz!

I love liverwurst and liver pate but I've never had liver in the form of liver before. :shrug:

I loved bananas as a baby then hated them as I grew up but I love them again. Bananas are good.

I truly hate bitter melon. My mom always put it in food growing up "because it's good for your skin" and I'd always pick it out. Nowadays I'll man up and eat it but I still don't like it!!! :argh:

Oh poo poo I forgot about bitter melon. That said I never really ate it when my mom made it and I never found a reason to eat it as an adult.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Applying for a mortgage is one of the most annoying things I've done in a long time. Granted, we're trying to close fast so we can rent the unit we're buying back to the current owners for a couple of months while our lease runs out, but still.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Android Apocalypse posted:

Oh poo poo I forgot about bitter melon. That said I never really ate it when my mom made it and I never found a reason to eat it as an adult.

I always run into it at family gatherings! It's horrifying!

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Congrats Fiz.

Foods from childhood are liver and olives. Have tried all kinds of olives and just don't like them. In terms of liver, we grew up poor and my mom would make us completely unseasoned liver and onions. Not even salt and pepper. Can't do the irony/blood tastes.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Also, congrats Fiz. I say that as I cower at the prices of my local market and realize I'm not buying a house anytime soon with my current salary...

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

FizFashizzle posted:

Congrats Fiz! Time to Grover this poo poo up.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

wandler20 posted:

I finally got to fire up the rangetop today! Get to move in this weekend so Sunday morning breakfast gonna be amazing.

pot fillers for life

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

FizFashizzle posted:

Congrats/Condolences

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

LeeMajors posted:

Badass, nice work.

I dunno if Asheville has popped it’s lid like Charleston but I’m sure it’s gone at least a little crazy.

We bought our first house for like 180k in 2013. We sold for 250k in 2017, and it’s valued at almost 400k now.

Just buckwild poo poo for a 60yo ranch <1300sf with 1 bathroom and septic system.

Just checked in on my own first house. Bought in 2008 for $89.9k, sold in 2019 for $175k, valued now at $239k. God drat

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Olives and mushrooms are my super common dislikes. My mom would always order supreme pizza and I really hate the taste of olives and mushrooms are a texture thing. I grew up dreading pizza night so maybe that explains why I’m hitting the Ooni so hard.

I don’t like squash, shellfish, and melon much but those things are easy to avoid.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/TheSavBananas/status/1505644731904282644

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

Manoueverable posted:

Absolutely pickles and mayo for me. Still can't stand either of them, and it is a loving chore to eat at sandwich places because almost every sandwich has mayo on it.

I'm with you on the mayo thing. It's kind of ruined getting sandwiches, because even if I ask for no mayo or mayo on the side, I'll usually get mayo instead. If it's takeout, then oftentimes I don't find out until I'm already home, which makes it hard to take it back and get a new one.

The solution is to order basic sandwiches because I can't trust people not to put it on anyway. :psyduck:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'm not a huge mayo fan (I'll still use a little mayo in a tuna salad) but I do like grilling my cheese with it

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

wandler20 posted:

I finally got to fire up the rangetop today! Get to move in this weekend so Sunday morning breakfast gonna be amazing.

I didn't know these existed and now I want a pot filler more than I can even rationally express.

Related: my wife's seven-person company just finalized a massive deal with the Indonesian government so it sounds like you all can rightfully mock me for belonging up against the wall soon :)

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Android Apocalypse posted:

What's the 1st home improvement project for this spot?

Sex dungeon.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Congrats! Hope the inspections and everything goes well until closing.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Dementia-associated WW3

https://twitter.com/andrewfeinberg/status/1507379407605977092?s=21

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Dango Bango posted:

Congrats! Hope the inspections and everything goes well until closing.

People still are able to have inspection contingencies?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

seiferguy posted:

There's a few foods I don't "like" but can eat through if they're mixed with other things, like pickles (prefer not to have them but can eat it on a burger if I'm too lazy to remove them) or mushrooms (I gag eating this by itself).

The only thing I can stand to have pickles on is a very spicy chicken sandwich. Mushrooms, I can eat them if they're super soft from slow caramelization along with onions but otherwise the texture is just disgusting to me.

Hm let's be controversial. Cantaloupe and honeydew? Disgusting

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Intruder posted:

Hm let's be controversial. Cantaloupe and honeydew? Disgusting

Have you tried them grilled with a hint of mint? SO GOOD

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Spoeank posted:

I didn't know these existed and now I want a pot filler more than I can even rationally express.

Related: my wife's seven-person company just finalized a massive deal with the Indonesian government so it sounds like you all can rightfully mock me for belonging up against the wall soon :)

Weren’t you already a rich stay at home husband who didn’t work?

AND a niners fan?

Your crimes are numerous.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Man, I can’t really think of any foods that I dislike, just certain preparations of things. I’m willing to give pretty much anything a go. I guess I don’t really like mayo-heavy “salads”?

Honestly, if I was the batter I’d be pretty annoyed.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Man, gently caress ginger. Only food I haven’t grown out of hating

Wait gently caress peeps too, sandy rear end garbage

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
The only good use for a marshmallow is in a Rice Krispies treat. Otherwise, they can go to hell.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Congrats/condolences Fiz, get ready to have to fix/replace stuff because your inspection definitely didn't catch everything that's wrong with the place.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I miss MiLB.

The town of Worcester is dead to me for stealing away the Pawtucket Red Sox.

Edit: Onions have a nasty smell, taste and texture. Yes both raw and cooked. Weirdly I am somehow fine with Funyuns.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Weren’t you already a rich stay at home husband who didn’t work?

AND a niners fan?

Your crimes are numerous.

Hey now, back it up. Stay at home parents very much work.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Qwijib0 posted:

People still are able to have inspection contingencies?

I'm hoping NC isn't as crazy as the AZ market right now v:shobon:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Guze posted:

Time to start saying "always something right?"

Whenever a project comes up.
who are you and how did you get in :negative:

Congrats Fiz! Good luck with the rest of the process.