Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'm glad they're finally making truescale marines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I'm glad they're finally making truescale marines

Excuse me, I believe you owe us a picture of cool mans, oh starter of a new page!

:smugbert:

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
The benefit here would be that I get to stand the beakie next to a plastic MkIII and a plastic MkIV, and that'll tell me exactly how much height I need to add to the latter two.

Shipping a big box with Reiver-sized beakies and the current plastic Cataphractii might look odd, though. I hope at least the beakies are only the size of the current 40k CSMs and Deathwatch marines, which would put them at just a bit below the Primaris Phobos line and roughly in-scale with the Cataphractii.

(This still leaves Tartaros Terminators really short, but enh, can't fix that.)

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Another assessment over at B&C has the models as closer to chaos marine sized, which is in line with statements from the studio. So the creep is here, but its not as major as primaris.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

BULBASAUR posted:

Another assessment over at B&C has the models as closer to chaos marine sized, which is in line with statements from the studio. So the creep is here, but its not as major as primaris.

That particular marine's height might be exaggerated by his stance.

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.

Saw this size comparison on Reddit, looks like the Mk6 is roughly the same size as the Mk4, and a bit bigger than the Mk3 manlets.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

SpaceViking posted:

Saw this size comparison on Reddit, looks like the Mk6 is roughly the same size as the Mk4, and a bit bigger than the Mk3 manlets.

That image isn’t particularly accurate; Mk III marines are typically a little taller than Mk IV

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

SpaceViking posted:

Judging by my own side-by-side comparisons, the MkIIIs are already taller than the MkIVs, although it's very slight and accentuated by the way the MkIIIs have their eye lenses set higher on their helmets than the MkIVs do. Judging by that image I'd say the MkVIs are going to be taller than either of them (this is more obvious if you look at the height of the collar in that composite image, although the composite image isn't entirely reliable given the way it misrepresents the comparative heights of the IIIs and IVs), but not as tall as Primaris.

Stephenls fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Mar 24, 2022

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I will buy any new Heresy marine regardless. Hype as hell for a fresh batch of Word Bearers inductees.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Broken Record Talk posted:

I doubt we're going to see too much complaining about slightly bigger marines from a community that has been begging for a real release for almost 2 years now.

lol

lmao

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I will buy any new Heresy marine regardless. Hype as hell for a fresh batch of Word Bearers inductees.

I mean I have Raven Guard plans; I'm not complaining as such. Plastic MkVIs and a proper plastic Contemptor? gently caress yeah.

Whenever I discuss height and truescaling in this context it's less "OMG GW fix your poo poo" and more "Planning how much work I'll need to do with plasticard to make that MkIV veteran squad look good next to the MkVI line troopers."

Stephenls fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Mar 24, 2022

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

I forgot how insufferable the community can be sometimes. I was fool, a drat fool!

In other news, I'm unsarcastically excited to buy an entirely new collection of slightly larger minis, because money can suckma!

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Yeah, for me its more about what I do with my older stuff. Will the creep make a big difference or do I need to address it so things don't look wacky down the road.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

My Word Bearers will stay in Mk III & IV because they’re already in those armours, but I’ve got Emperors Children plans, and it’s very tempting to do some classic RT-style Ultras

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

SpaceViking posted:

The Mk6 perspective is tilted towards the camera in this comparison. The Mk III and IV are on a flatter plane and parallel to the surface their standing on. The Mk 6 looks like it's taller than it really is - it seems inline with the heights of the other plastic models.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
If Tortuga Bay doesn't get whacked by Russians, it will be fairly easy to rebody my MKIIIs.

Not gonna help the Calth characters, but I can just always yeet them or put then on a tactical rock.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

JcDent posted:

If Tortuga Bay doesn't get whacked by Russians, it will be fairly easy to rebody my MKIIIs.

Not gonna help the Calth characters, but I can just always yeet them or put then on a tactical rock.

Is there not a more tactful way you could have phrased that.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.
Some more unconfirmed rules leaks for Traitor Legions: https://postimg.cc/gallery/NHtb07n

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Also unconfirmed price leak at £240 wtf

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Count Thrashula posted:

Also unconfirmed price leak at £240 wtf

This....would not surprise me. If it's like the other starterd they push we might see a whopping 20 models for both side. What a great value!

All snideness aside, I am building up two opposing forces so I can try to get people into Horus Heresy around me

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
The rumored contents:

"Age of Darkness - The Horus Heresy" Launch Box:
As known, the Box will have the following content:
- 40 MkVI Marines
- 10 Cataphract Terminators
- 1 Spartan
- 1 Contemptor Dreadnought
- 1 Imperial Fist Castellan
- 1 Sons of Horus / Trainer Praetor
- "Age of Darkness" Rulebook
- "Horus Heresy" Intro Booklet
- "Battle for Heta-Gladius" Campaign Booklet
- Other Stuff for new Players"

Which, if true, is a stonking huge box.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

If all that stuff is in it, it'll definitely be "value" by the numbers, just depends on if you can/want to drop all that money all at once.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Yeah if that's true, I'll become a MK VI believer and mix those guys with my already ordered MK III and IV guys
I would also LOVE for it to have Imperial Fist, and not Ultramarines, as the Loyalist
Here's hoping? Here's slight optimism???? I'll snatch up the pre-order if so

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Yeah if that's true, I'll become a MK VI believer and mix those guys with my already ordered MK III and IV guys
I would also LOVE for it to have Imperial Fist, and not Ultramarines, as the Loyalist

The trailer was built around fists vs horus so it would make sense

JcDent
May 13, 2013

What Legion would look the weirdest as Beakies? IW? IH? My own Death Guard? Fists already look linda odd.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

JcDent posted:

What Legion would look the weirdest as Beakies? IW? IH? My own Death Guard? Fists already look linda odd.

Death Guard or Iron Warriors, seeing as they were both given the armor to try out by Horus and they immediately called it trash.

Tiny Chalupa posted:

We've already seen potato quality pictures of the box contents, it's Imperial Fists on the loyalist side.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Mango Polo posted:

Death Guard or Iron Warriors, seeing as they were both given the armor to try out by Horus and they immediately called it trash.

We've already seen potato quality pictures of the box contents, it's Imperial Fists on the loyalist side.

I mean, if there's been enough attrition from the war and they still have suits in stock, they might use it.

I'd say it'd be odder to see Salamanders or Iron Hands, since unlike the Raven Guard they didn't get the Mk6 pre-heresy and got completely dumpstered at Istvaan, so they'd have no opportunity to resupply.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Optimal comedy outcome: GW fleshes out the remaining armor marks like II and V via things like plastic heavy weapon and destroyer squads, and we end up with modern, high-quality plastic space marine sculpts for every armor mark except VII.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Yvonmukluk posted:

I mean, if there's been enough attrition from the war and they still have suits in stock, they might use it.

I'd say it'd be odder to see Salamanders or Iron Hands, since unlike the Raven Guard they didn't get the Mk6 pre-heresy and got completely dumpstered at Istvaan, so they'd have no opportunity to resupply.

There's a lore article in a recent White Dwarf that re-writes the lore around the Mark VI armor to say that by the end of the Heresy, all loyalist and traitor legions with any access to forge worlds were fielding Mark VI armor because all forge worlds are connected by an FTL internet, so any time any one of them develops new tech, all the other forge worlds steal it in short order. There's some stuff about virtual war in the noosphere surrounding it, but it came across to me as very clearly an explanation for why you can field any legion you want with the new plastic beakies.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I will probably paint a tester but I think Dearth Guard would look good in Mk.6 - otherwise I'm doing SoH and then throwing a couple into the sea of Mk.3 that is my Iron Warriors.

e: That lore is way better than "Raven Guard had a secret stash :ssh:"

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

ijyt posted:

I will probably paint a tester but I think Dearth Guard would look good in Mk.6 - otherwise I'm doing SoH and then throwing a couple into the sea of Mk.3 that is my Iron Warriors.

e: That lore is way better than "Raven Guard had a secret stash :ssh:"

It wasn't so much that the Raven Guard had a secret stash as the XIX were testing pre-production models, and then when Corax went to Terra after surviving Istvaan V to petition the Emperor for tech to quickly repopulate the XIX, they gave him the first production run of the MkVI to take back to Deliverance with him

(Now, the Alpha Legion. They had a secret stash.)

Stephenls fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Mar 26, 2022

Endman
May 18, 2010

Fluff isn't real and will always be retconned to sell models GW thinks people will buy, so now everyone has loads of Mk 6 Beakie armour.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Endman posted:

Fluff isn't real and will always be retconned to sell models GW thinks people will buy, so now everyone has loads of Mk 6 Beakie armour.

They were always cool, so it's ok

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Yeah, that's why you can only engage with fluff only so much for any big... setting?... that has perverse incentives to change to sell models/a roster of book writers that tend to not care about it.

I'd say that not having so corner-of-WD justification wouldn't be the worst thing in the world/wouldn't impact sales at all, but that's just me: buy first, justifications later.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

JcDent posted:

buy first, justifications later.

This is my personal philosophy for most things in life

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
My army fluff is that they have good looking armor and they always win

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
*nods* Ultramarines

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Beerdeer posted:

*nods* Emperor's Chil- hahaha sorry, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endman
May 18, 2010

The only good fluff is the fluff you create by playing games and forging your own narrative around the characters in your army :)