Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

ZeeBoi posted:

Officially (re-)subscribed to Game Pass until 2025. :cheers:

Kicking it off with Tunic.

2025 gamepass crew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

ultrachrist posted:

Yeah despite 90% of the messages being about butts, blowjobs, or lying about hidden paths, the remainder is worth it. I got a chuckle from all the “weak enemy ahead” messages leading up to the mimic followed by “introspection required”.

I saw this one last week at the Roundtable Hold where the creepy silent guy with the skull for a face and lol’d

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

ultrachrist posted:

Yeah despite 90% of the messages being about butts, blowjobs, or lying about hidden paths, the remainder is worth it. I got a chuckle from all the “weak enemy ahead” messages leading up to the mimic followed by “introspection required”.

You forgot the 'time for two handing!' In front of every pair of armor mannequins.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

You forgot the 'time for two handing!' In front of every pair of armor mannequins.

first time i saw that in Roundtable i burst out laughing

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

sticksy posted:

I saw this one last week at the Roundtable Hold where the creepy silent guy with the skull for a face and lol’d

a Day 1 classic

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I had to stop myself playing this evening to eat food, I don't think I've enjoyed playing a game this much since Obilvion when it came out in 2006. I am hooked!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

it's the goat

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Just when you think the world can't possibly get any bigger, it gets way bigger lol. I honestly can't imagine those people who "beat" the game in 50 hours by just bouncing from story progression point to story progression point. The world is so dense with stuff to explore and see. They only saw like 20% of the game.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

i have literally no hope of ever understanding the mindset of people who rushed through this game just to say they beat it. absolute freaks

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I'm at a month straight of playing without touching another game and I probably have two weeks left, judging from how much map is still covered in clouds. There are places that I saw in the distance 100 gameplay hours ago that I still don't know how to get to. That a game this consistently excellent is also this huge is just so loving sick. Even if you assume they started making ER when DS3 hit shelves and its DLC and Sekiro were parallel projects, I'm in awe that it was made in six years.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yeah a friend of mine beat it in like 50 hours but sounds like he absolutely beelined it to go back to Forbidden west lmao

it's pretty cool GRRM is associated with it tbh, i felt like he got a very bad rap after how poo poo the last few series of GoT were, even though he didn't really write those and he certainly didn't direct them. good for him.

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe

acksplode posted:

I'm at a month straight of playing without touching another game and I probably have two weeks left, judging from how much map is still covered in clouds. There are places that I saw in the distance 100 gameplay hours ago that I still don't know how to get to. That a game this consistently excellent is also this huge is just so loving sick. Even if you assume they started making ER when DS3 hit shelves and its DLC and Sekiro were parallel projects, I'm in awe that it was made in six years.

The latter zones are a bit less dense than the earlier zones. I all but 100% completed the game and after finishing the capital it went fairly quick.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Is there anything I can do to turn the damned missiles off? They don't even make sense in the context of this battle. And of course I just used skill points on rocket who isn't even in this fight.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I really think Elden Ring will be game of the year. What else is coming out? Starfield, maybe?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
BOTW2 probably, and Ragnarok. But yeah, I can't see anything topping ER. It's a legitimate GOAT contender.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

How does the coop work on Elden Ring? Can you party up and roam around or is it that summoning mechanic I saw somebody mention earlier?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Beastie posted:

I really think Elden Ring will be game of the year.

I think you’re correct

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

highme posted:

How does the coop work on Elden Ring? Can you party up and roam around or is it that summoning mechanic I saw somebody mention earlier?
You can use a password and co-op most of the whole game with a friend if you want, it's not just for stuff like boss battles. The only caveat being that if you're trying to do a full co-op playthrough you'll have to do everything twice, once for your save file and once for theirs. Depending on your interest in the game this might not be a downside.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Played it tonight til my controller ran out of batteries. This is my favourite game in years. I want to play it all day.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Quantum of Phallus posted:

yeah a friend of mine beat it in like 50 hours but sounds like he absolutely beelined it to go back to Forbidden west lmao

it's pretty cool GRRM is associated with it tbh, i felt like he got a very bad rap after how poo poo the last few series of GoT were, even though he didn't really write those and he certainly didn't direct them. good for him.

The GRRMiest things I've experienced in Elden Rings are a) tons of confusingly similar names starting with the same letter, and b) being a monster who constantly rides people down on horseback and smashes them with my warhammer.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

you can pick poo poo up off the ground which is very GOT form what I’ve been less to believe

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Not sure if the shitmonger is a GRRM original or a From addition

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

you can pick poo poo up off the ground which is very GOT form what I’ve been less to believe

to be honest grrm is more about leaving watery, explosive poo poo on the ground, rather than picking it up

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
also - elden ring better be good, i literally just bought a series S and ER to play it (I have never played dark souls)

as a side note i've also just discovered that PC gamepass and Xbox gamepass are totally separate, and having the former doesn't allow you to access the latter :mad:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

webmeister posted:

also - elden ring better be good, i literally just bought a series S and ER to play it (I have never played dark souls)

as a side note i've also just discovered that PC gamepass and Xbox gamepass are totally separate, and having the former doesn't allow you to access the latter :mad:

They're together if you get ultimate, which is what everyone is getting

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

webmeister posted:

Series S and Elden Ring never playing souls before is my jam! It's fun, dying is expected, you can do it (die, I mean).

Also I oddly prefer it in quality mode but I have a TV that can do variable refresh rate - you have to turn this setting on in your Xbox, too. Performance is fine tho, dealers choice.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Given how well ER sold, I imagine there's a ton of people that bounced off it super early, it really is not a game for everyone. But if it clicks for you, drat, it's good.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Seeing everyone playing Eldin Ring just makes me want to play D&D. drat, I'm depressed.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I’m not usually a fantasy sword play game guy but ER looks pretty rad. Definite pickup for me on sale, they brought caldera clash back on warzone tho so I am good for now :haw:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

ColdPie posted:

Given how well ER sold, I imagine there's a ton of people that bounced off it super early, it really is not a game for everyone. But if it clicks for you, drat, it's good.
Nah it still has like 800k concurrent players on Steam. No one bounced off it. It's really fun and not particularly hard with the hundreds of options the game gives you.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

American McGay posted:

Just when you think the world can't possibly get any bigger, it gets way bigger lol. I honestly can't imagine those people who "beat" the game in 50 hours by just bouncing from story progression point to story progression point. The world is so dense with stuff to explore and see. They only saw like 20% of the game.

I don’t really get this because I beat it in 62 hours and went into every single area and beat every single boss and I explored everywhere fully. I spent 2 hours last night trying to find anything I missed and there just wasn’t anything. I didn’t even use the horse for the first 20 hours so I could see 50 hours and seeing everything being pretty easy to do.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You didn't do any of those things. You're just not very good at finding the secret stuff.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Centusin posted:

I don’t really get this because I beat it in 62 hours and went into every single area and beat every single boss and I explored everywhere fully. I spent 2 hours last night trying to find anything I missed and there just wasn’t anything. I didn’t even use the horse for the first 20 hours so I could see 50 hours and seeing everything being pretty easy to do.

Press 'x' to doubt

Barudak
May 7, 2007

It took me 55 hours to do every boss except Palisudax and Ive no interest in replaying an entire game for one boss.

I have a coworker who did everythint except Palisudax in 30.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Both those playthroughs sound immensely unfun

American McGay posted:

You can use a password and co-op most of the whole game with a friend if you want, it's not just for stuff like boss battles. The only caveat being that if you're trying to do a full co-op playthrough you'll have to do everything twice, once for your save file and once for theirs. Depending on your interest in the game this might not be a downside.

So if me and a friend only want to do one playthrough, all his items and poo poo will carry on everytime we play together?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
My first playthrough took 143 hours and I did stuff constantly

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I saw a video pop up on my youtube of a speedrun in 28 minutes 59 seconds, lol

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Centusin posted:

Professor Beetus posted:

Press 'x' to doubt

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Norco may not be the best point and click adventure game ever made but like hell Im not gonna rep a game about New Orleans and with people I know who worked on it.

Play Norco, even if you hate adventure games, for the ~metrics~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Played it tonight til my controller ran out of batteries. This is my favourite game in years. I want to play it all day.

I have not gone to bed before 4am in an entire month. I am hella overstimulated.

American McGay posted:

But yeah, I can't see anything topping ER. It's a legitimate GOAT contender.

:same: