Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I haven’t read the book yet, but isn’t that her “Shi’ar golem” body that “died” from the legacy virus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
If that's the case: WHOA. Cool.

e: rereading that bit, it looks like her grave is fresh, and she says she "gave herself ten days." So probably not? Unless she dug it up in a previous issue.

GOD IS BED fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Mar 24, 2022

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Open Marriage Night posted:

I haven’t read the book yet, but isn’t that her “Shi’ar golem” body that “died” from the legacy virus?

oh good catch

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

GOD IS BED posted:

If that's the case: WHOA. Cool.

e: rereading that bit, it looks like her grave is fresh, and she says she "gave herself ten days." So probably not? Unless she dug it up in a previous issue.

I thought the 10 days means she has 10 days to do her plan to use forge’s gun. This is plan b

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
no, the robot body thing is what she was doing with the tech bro. they were designing and building it on-panel. the wolverines didn't actually bother to question the guy about what he had been doing with moira.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

As always Mystique and Destiny ruin everything.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So in the end, the X Lives and Deaths of Wolverine sucked. Just like every other X book Percy writes. What a shock.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
did we ever find out why doug was hiding warlock's presence or was that plot thread dropped?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
It was addressed in Inferno, wasn't it? Doug simply didn't trust Professor X that much, so secretly worked with Warlock to establish a way to listen in on Xavier without his knowing, which led to him finding out about Moira.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
It also had the effect of letting Krakoa in on what was happening in the No Place, which I thought was a kind of cool and empathic Doug thing to do.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Anyone read Wolverine: Patch this week? It's written by Larry Hama, so it's very 80s/90s Patch in a really good way. Seems like it'll be a fun little story.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Endless Mike posted:

Anyone read Wolverine: Patch this week? It's written by Larry Hama, so it's very 80s/90s Patch in a really good way. Seems like it'll be a fun little story.

It's always good to see Archie Corrigan again, IMHO

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I'm always going to read Larry Hama writing Logan. Honestly, it's one of, if not the, only ways I'm going to be excited about reading Logan not on a team book.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

did we ever find out why doug was hiding warlock's presence or was that plot thread dropped?

c'mon, there's no way that was successfully hidden from everyone. doug had a friggin' warlock arm, i feel like they all just pitied him because the poor kid died saving bird brain.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I thought Patch was dire. Whoever wrote it didn’t have a clue what Wolverine sounds like when he speaks. Just so much unnecessary dialog. Plus the plot is a whole lot of nothing. Dropping it after one issue.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Larry Hama's style is still very much in that 80's style for better or worse, I didn't especially love his Iron Fist mini from a few months ago but I just love how he writes Logan. Hama is the definitive Logan writer for me and Patch is 100% a continuation of how he wrote Logan for years. Might not be for everyone and that's fine, I love it.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

IUG posted:

I thought Patch was dire. Whoever wrote it didn’t have a clue what Wolverine sounds like when he speaks. Just so much unnecessary dialog. Plus the plot is a whole lot of nothing. Dropping it after one issue.
Larry Hama, who wrote like 100-odd issues of Wolverine's first solo series in the 1990s, wrote Patch.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
It was funny to go back to the original Madripoor stories with "Patch" and realize the extent to which Claremont was just doing a Modesty Blaise pastiche. That one dude who owned the Princess Bar could've just been Willie Garvin, the way that one chick from '80s X-Men was the long-lost princess of Ruritania, and I'd have believed you.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Edge & Christian posted:

Larry Hama, who wrote like 100-odd issues of Wolverine's first solo series in the 1990s, wrote Patch.

I never read any of those. Why does he seem to talk so much? Seemed like if he was in the forest by himself, he wouldn’t be rambling like he was Deadpool or something.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Cloks posted:

c'mon, there's no way that was successfully hidden from everyone. doug had a friggin' warlock arm, i feel like they all just pitied him because the poor kid died saving bird brain.

Didn’t he just have the techno-organic arm when he came back from the dead?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

IUG posted:

I never read any of those. Why does he seem to talk so much? Seemed like if he was in the forest by himself, he wouldn’t be rambling like he was Deadpool or something.

Hama's deliberately calling back to the mood and tone of those early Wolverine solo issues during which the story is set, and given that they were written by Claremont at first, well, that's a lotta expository dialogue.

It was, well... "what Wolverine sounds like when he speaks."

Like, even Hama's modern stuff like his return to G.I. Joe isn't quite as expository as Patch was, but given the era of Wolverine he's referencing, he's leaning into it.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

rantmo posted:

I'm always going to read Larry Hama writing Logan. Honestly, it's one of, if not the, only ways I'm going to be excited about reading Logan not on a team book.

Larry Hama is the definitive Wolverine writer for me. When I started reading comics it was right in the middle of Hama's issues. One of my earliest comic memories is the story arc with the Hunter In the Darkness creature in it.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Really more interested in where Elsie Dee and Albert fit into Krakoa's lowkey anti-synthetic lifeform agenda as opposed to whatever the gently caress Omega Red and Dracula are up to this month

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Elsie Dee and Albert delight me and I just don't really know why. They're just so wonderfully absurd in a very pure-strain comic book way and I can never get enough of them.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

rantmo posted:

Elsie Dee and Albert delight me and I just don't really know why. They're just so wonderfully absurd in a very pure-strain comic book way and I can never get enough of them.

Same. Sign me up as one of the weirdoes who got excited Larry Hama brought them back recently (two years ago):

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"
I don't believe it was ever in serious doubt, but Immortal X-Men is clear proof that Gillen's still got it.

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.

wielder posted:

I don't believe it was ever in serious doubt, but Immortal X-Men is clear proof that Gillen's still got it.

Do you have access to issues in advance of everyone else?

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
iirc there's a timezone thing with the new comixology which lets people in certain places buy stuff a few hours early.

also, Immortal X-Men was perfect

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah Immortal X-Men was fantastic.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Please play this as soon as you start reading Immortal X-Men

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5YHqWqhFkU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
And then this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iM5dymBBI4

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

How Wonderful! posted:

iirc there's a timezone thing with the new comixology which lets people in certain places buy stuff a few hours early.

also, Immortal X-Men was perfect

Holy poo poo yes.

The Nazarene Mutant and Cyclops Cat had me in stitches.

Slam Bradley
Mar 31, 2010
Every time I see the title "Immortal X-Men" I read it as "Immoral X-Men" and think that'd be a great title for a book starring Beast.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
What's the difference

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.
Crap. Crap. Crap.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Immortal X-Men: Lol, and lmao.

Also Immortal X-Men: Everything is fine.

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Mar 30, 2022

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Slam Bradley posted:

Every time I see the title "Immortal X-Men" I read it as "Immoral X-Men" and think that'd be a great title for a book starring Beast.

I mean the first issue is pretty Sinister-focused so you're not far off anyway.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

wielder posted:

How Wonderful! posted:

Immortal X-Men was perfect

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah Immortal X-Men was fantastic.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Holy poo poo yes.

Joining the chorus, because *hot dang*, how does Gillen do it? Brilliant job.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I'm so on board with Immortal X-Men

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Immortal X-Men spoiler
gun that shoots cyclops eyeballs