Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Carthag Tuek posted:

just wait till you see how his art has improved. theres a clear progression, its p wild

I do hope trixie slaugtheraxe comes last, as it was his last comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Ten Earth Shattering Blows

RIP Trapezius. Monster's gladiator name is well deserved.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

:taps: :rip: :salute:

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Stand Still. Stay Silent

Big boat. A world where cruise ships are finally useful

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

KennyMan666 posted:

Apocalypse Johto Part 1: Silver Lining
Chapter 6: Flora and Fauna

And we've hit 100 pages :toot:

Love the Noctowl-Stolas.

I genuinely enjoy the Pokémon reimagined designs in the comic.

rollick
Mar 20, 2009

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Hitmen for Destiny #583: The fourth last strip

Hoping these titles are fakeouts and there's like a hundred more after

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Turpitude II posted:

as i live and breathe.......... hairy o'birdigan takes flight once more.........

I was going to say, old Hairy was never quite thematically appropriate, but drat if his Mrs. ain't a good fit here.

rollick
Mar 20, 2009
http://twitter.com/sarahglidden/status/1507424321521831937

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Kit Walker posted:

i gota feeling lalli has mage sight

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

the holy poopacy posted:

Ten Earth Shattering Blows

RIP Trapezius. Monster's gladiator name is well deserved.

Monster got monster legs.

The raw variety of posing and "angles" in this is so loving good.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Carthag Tuek posted:

fify:

beneath wavs we sleep
awawawawawaken us
that we might burn world

Beneath waves we sleep
Hell yeah, now awaken us
Burn the world why not

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Kit Walker posted:

Stand Still. Stay Silent

The scope of this strip is really amazing.

And yeah, I want a desktop wallpaper of that to go with my USS Oriskany

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

rollick posted:

Hoping these titles are fakeouts and there's like a hundred more after

The prophecy has failed! Jymre's gone home! Fusk and Vorte have been exposed!

All good things must come to an end and Thorsby has never been one to keep milking something longer than necessary.

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

That's something we all can relate to - our dads wanting to kill us for growing pubic hair

Wait a minute, did Beef accidentally grab a Hershey bar?!

1961 Ford Econoline delivery van

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Oh man, I remember posting in the achewood thread when the secret ice cream shop arc first came out

Lurk Ethic
Jul 25, 2007

Lurk More
The Property of Hate

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

e-dt posted:

That's something we all can relate to - our dads wanting to kill us for growing pubic hair

Some real Taxi Driver vibes here.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

:mad:

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Last time, on Unicorn Jelly: Lupiko the witch had a visitor who wanted her to come save his daughter.

these two were the adventurers Lupiko had with her when she first ran into Uni

they're gay adventurers :3:

a crystal basilisk posted:

Not a true basilisk at all, this organic crystalline life form is named for what it does, rather than what it actually is. Properly an 'autonomous semiorganic complex replicator', the Crystal Basilisk is actually a highly cooperative symbiosis of several dozen self replicating living crystal components, each of which function akin to organs within a noncrystalline animal. Laced with reticular crysocules, the equivalent of blood vessels, the whole creature is swiftly mobile due to a powerful semi-organic fluid solvent. By injecting the solvent into structures embedded in the outer shell of the Crystal Basilisk, Pirapods are extruded, sharp shafts and spikes which serve to push and lift the creature, and carry it in a tumbling, end over end 'walk'. Pirapods that are not reabsorbed occasionally break off, especially when the Crystal Basilisk moves rapidly, as in hunting prey. No part of the creature is actually flexible, rather, it uses only the extruded Pirapod spines to push and prod itself along, or to spear unfortunate victims.

The Crystal Basilisk possesses no intelligence, but rather is motivated only by simple electrochemical urges or drives. It is attracted to animal tissue, especially tissue that contains high levels of minerals and metals in solution, and it is repelled by powerful vibration, blunt physical damage sufficient to damage it, and by electric phenomena. It can dwell in most environments, but does not truly thrive in extreme cold, or in extremely arid locations. It may become dormant and hibernate almost indefinitely if there is no source of nutrients to sustain it.

The Crystal Basilisk feeds on the complex chemistry of animal life, and can readily convert both tissues and fluids into the semi-organic mineral solutions it requires. The Crystal Basilisk is a solitary creature, and avoids the company of it's own kind entirely, an evolutionary strategy that serves to maximize the amount of food available to it.

Once every ten or twenty years, the Crystal Basilisk will store up enough reserves to permit attempted reproduction. There is only one reproductive strategy available to the Crystal Basilisk, which is to infect a living animal with a special liquid crystal complex, which will, over a period of several weeks, completely subsume all living tissue and mineral bone. When this is complete, a new Crystal Basilisk is the result. The child will attempt to put as much distance between itself and its parent as possible, and will gradually grow to adulthood, over several centuries. An adult Crystal Basilisk can reach a rough height of 20 feet, and weigh many tons. It can live for up to four centuries, if it is not destroyed. In shape, the main hull of the Crystal Basilisk forms a rough hexagonal-pillar spindle, or hourglass shape, divided by a smaller hexagonal 'waist'. From this main body can protrude any number of Perapod spines. It has no obvious senses or large orifices, but it does possess internal organs and pores which can register vibration, chemistry, atmospheric changes, fluids and vapors, and infra-red and ultra-violet light. It is blind to the visible spectrum.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Mx. posted:

Last time, on Unicorn Jelly: Lupiko the witch had a visitor who wanted her to come save his daughter.

these two were the adventurers Lupiko had with her when she first ran into Uni

they're gay adventurers :3:

Where is my convoluted explanation of how this life cycle evolved :mad:

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

quote:

First up, it is a strange thing to contemplate what is meant by a true, 'steady-state', universe, which is the sort of universe that Unicorn Jelly takes place in. Tryslmaistan had no 'big bang', no origin point, no defined start. It is/as always/was. There is no natural evolution (in the way we know the term) in the Tryslmaistan universe. The advent of humans, however, has set everything on it's collective ear. Vlax acts to mutate earth life, and thus is an engine for the evolution of Red/Green* life, if an odd one. And, as we have seen with KayWai and Uni, some Red/Green life can mutate crystal or White life. This has never happened before, and is unnatural to the entire universe of Tryslmaistan.

Although Tryslmaistan has no evolution, because there is no engine to drive evolution there, it does have a kind of atemporal structural progression in the sum construct of its cosmology. This can be seen in that all White life is based on a common plan, and all versions of it are extentions of that structure. The basic layout of crystal life is a denser shell covering a lighter, fluidic center.

*red/green/white life will be explained in comic later

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Splicer posted:

Where is my convoluted explanation of how this life cycle evolved :mad:

I thought it was explained by unicorn piss.

Fun unicorn facts: the unicorn is usually Jesus analogous or at least adjacent.

They love virgins and will gladly spike anyone who has done naughty time. They are rampant of Scotland and that heraldry is carried by the UK in general here:

Historically unicorns are village goats with unusual horn development. Which means in addition to disapproving of your sexual behavior they will gently caress a tin can and make you watch.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

No one ever wants to stop at gently caress Rock

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I have to say the jumpcut from an intricate slow paced interior comic about family during a rainstorm or whatever to suddenly MAGES is kinda the funniest one I've ever seen

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

e-dt posted:

1961 Ford Econoline delivery van

And the source image!

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Shageletic posted:

I have to say the jumpcut from an intricate slow paced interior comic about family during a rainstorm or whatever to suddenly MAGES is kinda the funniest one I've ever seen

It's a fast mover

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Historically unicorns are village goats with unusual horn development.

You mean the demon was actually doing it right?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

:kimchi:

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

You're bOwling me over with this art

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

I don't know why people insist on drawing animal buttholes. So unnecessary and p weird.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

I don't know why people insist on drawing animal buttholes. So unnecessary and p weird.

Unclear what this was in response to

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

some plague rats posted:

Unclear what this was in response to

Yeah I had to scroll around and didn't see any catass

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

poop comes from there

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

My understanding is that it's a longstanding running joke shared by artists everywhere. A proud tradition.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
It's funny, op