Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Oh are we posting cool ornament and shader combos?

Sup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Butt out titan is way cooler than swim cap warlock. :colbert:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

xzzy posted:

Butt out titan is way cooler than swim cap warlock. :colbert:

Not in disagreement, just saying there are lots of options

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Bust Rodd posted:

https://youtu.be/8J6ZfWNwsVI

SkillUp is my guy, I agree with maybe half of what he’s saying here. Will probably listen again later to mull it over.

Huh. Well I wouldn't call a guy who complains about SJWs in games, stans for pewdiepie, and calls media with women in it woke 'my guy' but you do you, bud.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

What in the actual gently caress is that

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

The 30th anniversary pack warlock head and chest ornaments with a certain shader (don't know which one)

I will never take off the tiger head ornament with a vanguard shader that makes it orange

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Head over to Xur’s tower shop this weekend for a subsistence/explosive payload Night Watch, an overflow/osmosis Escape Velocity, and a surplus/vorpal Third Axiom! armor stats are still poo poo

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I just broke the news to my clan, but xur has an AMAZING smg for both pvp and pve applications

A godroll MultiChad has it beat by an extra 5m of course, but if you don't have a Model 8, Accurized, Iron Reach & Range MW MultiMach, this is THE best pvp smg you'll get your hands on now.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Rick_Hunter posted:

Huh. Well I wouldn't call a guy who complains about SJWs in games, stans for pewdiepie, and calls media with women in it woke 'my guy' but you do you, bud.

You have got to be thinking of a totally different person, I’ve watched every video he’s put out for the last 3 years and he literally never does//says any of that.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

You have got to be thinking of a totally different person, I’ve watched every video he’s put out for the last 3 years and he literally never does//says any of that.

No, I'm thinking of the same person. SkillUp (Ralph) is the brother of the guy (Sam) who runs Laymen Gaming and regularly joins him for his reviews. And LG has had such banger videos like "'Woke' media, please STFU about PewDiePie" and called the most recent terminator movie 'Terminator: Woke Fate'.

I checked out of SkillUp and MarcoStyle just when they were going beyond their usual content creator stuff and all in on the cringey social commentary. But enjoy SkillUp.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

lol

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Rick_Hunter posted:

No, I'm thinking of the same person. SkillUp (Ralph) is the brother of the guy (Sam) who runs Laymen Gaming and regularly joins him for his reviews. And LG has had such banger videos like "'Woke' media, please STFU about PewDiePie" and called the most recent terminator movie 'Terminator: Woke Fate'.

I checked out of SkillUp and MarcoStyle just when they were going beyond their usual content creator stuff and all in on the cringey social commentary. But enjoy SkillUp.

what are your thoughts on void 3.0

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Before we argue that the nazi streamer is actually Okay let us remind ourselves that we actually don't like ANY streamers

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Astrochicken posted:

what are your thoughts on void 3.0

Not much what's void 3.0 with you?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The Aristocrats!!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Forelock

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Lmaoooo

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Please post shaders.

FYI min is the titan 30th anniversary marathon legs with seven sisters shader.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

haveblue posted:

I will never take off the tiger head ornament with a vanguard shader that makes it orange

Tiger head is amazing and I'm surprised I never see anyone else rocking it.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Before we argue that the nazi streamer is actually Okay let us remind ourselves that we actually don't like ANY streamers

Says you, I genuinely like SirDimetrious :colbert:

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

:golfclap:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Title

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

A godroll MultiChad has it beat by an extra 5m of course, but if you don't have a Model 8, Accurized, Iron Reach & Range MW MultiMach

:smug:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

https://twitter.com/DestinyTwoLeaks/status/1507532026571862025?t=RJO6Ogb-2gPyjemhwK14rA&s=19

Leaked slides from the GDC presentation. Some of this stuff is really interesting. I would love to know what the 7 pillars of islam difficulty actually are.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Bobby Deluxe posted:

https://twitter.com/DestinyTwoLeaks/status/1507532026571862025?t=RJO6Ogb-2gPyjemhwK14rA&s=19

Leaked slides from the GDC presentation. Some of this stuff is really interesting. I would love to know what the 7 pillars of islam difficulty actually are.

I hate the time spent = players love them. Lost Sector grinding for better rolled exotics is probably the worst part of destiny, because while the odds are real low to get what you want it's still the highest in the game. So you're looking at spending hours with no progress towards whatever you want, with very little progress on other things like weapon levels.

I spent 4 hours of sub-3 minute runs trying to get a pair of not-48 gloves after accidently claiming them from the legendary campaign. I wound up getting 1 pair. It desperately needs a focusing option like trials/gambit or a massively increased dropped rate.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Hackan Slash posted:

I hate the time spent = players love them. Lost Sector grinding for better rolled exotics is probably the worst part of destiny, because while the odds are real low to get what you want it's still the highest in the game. So you're looking at spending hours with no progress towards whatever you want, with very little progress on other things like weapon levels.

I spent 4 hours of sub-3 minute runs trying to get a pair of not-48 gloves after accidently claiming them from the legendary campaign. I wound up getting 1 pair. It desperately needs a focusing option like trials/gambit or a massively increased dropped rate.

was it gloves yesterday? I'm in the same boat; stuck with 8 mobility and 9 discipline on my stasis build because I took the campaign renewal grasps

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I'm not going to even try legend until I'm maxed out. Hoping one of the easier sectors comes up with the slot I need eventually, the addition of lightbearers to the throne world on top of champs is insane.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

hiddenriverninja posted:

was it gloves yesterday? I'm in the same boat; stuck with 8 mobility and 9 discipline on my stasis build because I took the campaign renewal grasps

It's gloves today until reset. I did them back when it was exodus garden though.

Related, the throne world litst sectors aren't that bad for farming imo.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m just waiting for Master lost sectors because the drop rate on those feels really good, like an exotic every 5-10 runs.

Edit: Gonna challenge myself to not equip Gjallorhorn and beat Legendary Campaign on my Titan. Kind of getting annoyed at the P2W exotics beating the game for me.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Mar 26, 2022

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Hackan Slash posted:

I just got done grinding for better hunter gloves, walked out with nothing but 100k glimmer and a few enchancement cores. :shepface:

But the WAU!!!

I quit because I got tired of it, and now I'll be mad about it until the next gloves lost sector pops into rotation.

edit - also lol that they factor in the availability of youtube tutorials into activity difficulty. yes make me watch movies to play your game

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Slideshow should be:

Slide 1: we're a small indie developer and always will be and never under anyone's thumb ever again

Slide 2: always play test no matter what

Slide 3: (sells out to Sony)

Slide 4: (never play test own game)

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Why playtest when you can dump everything your players are doing into elasticsearch and print out graphs that tell you everything.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Hackan Slash posted:

Related, the throne world litst sectors aren't that bad for farming imo.
Sepulcher is stupid because of the middle room. You have a shield champ who backs in there as well as an unstoppable ogre and an acolyte lightbearer, so if you can't insta-kill the shield champ before he gets in, he and the lightbearer just keep coming back while the ogre spams eyebeams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofv4rggYldo

This is how it's supposed to be done but I suck and have no idea how her Gjally is wiping everything out straight away - i end up getting pinned by the doorway to the mid room and then the ogres and thralls stop me getting in there long enough to finish the shield champ or lightbearer.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Sepulcher is stupid because of the middle room. You have a shield champ who backs in there as well as an unstoppable ogre and an acolyte lightbearer, so if you can't insta-kill the shield champ before he gets in, he and the lightbearer just keep coming back while the ogre spams eyebeams.

This is how it's supposed to be done but I suck and have no idea how her Gjally is wiping everything out straight away - i end up getting pinned by the doorway to the mid room and then the ogres and thralls stop me getting in there long enough to finish the shield champ or lightbearer.

You can get the barrier champ in the little hallway, and the ogres/lightbearers don't seem to spawn until you kill certain adds. So I blitzed the barrier, then the unstop when he spawns, then the lightbearer. I ran unstoppable pulse, arbalest, and heavy lfr so with finders I could just heavy everything down. I think it was arc burn when I did it so insidious and whatever the arc lfr is called that I only keep around for match game/burns.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The solution to that barrier champ is to lob a grenade at the acolytes, jump over them, and stuff a rocket down his throat to stagger him. Then swap to arbalest and finish him off, he dies after one or two shots depending on accuracy.

Technically it's not just that barrier, it works on everything in that lost sector.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Bobby Deluxe posted:

could be using the CWL mod Argent Ordnance plus having Gjally catalyst gives you 2 rockets in the mag and Wolfpack Rounds+

edit: actually you don't need the mod, gally is good on its own

hiddenriverninja fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Mar 26, 2022

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
Does the thing still work where you stuff engrams then decode on “arms day?” If so, stuff engrams on easy days, decode on arms day.

Stuffing engrams means having your engram slots full so that the exotic drop from the LLS goes to a postmaster slot. You can build up a bunch of these, they (used to) decode into whatever armor piece the lost sector gives on the day of decoding, not the day you earn them.

Be a bit cautious til you learn what’s going on, check DIM a bunch so you don’t lose stuff, plan your re-stuffing (make sure you have enough primes or umbrals in postmaster that you can refill your engram slots if you want to open some exotics, for instance). Regular and exotic engrams decode instantly (like from postmaster) as long as you have at least one engram slot free in inventory. Prime and umbrals will go to any empty inventory engram slots, and require Rahool or war table to decode. The engrams with no power level are enhancement cores/catalysts/mods maybe? I forget the full list but it’s most commonly an enhancement core.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Yep that still works.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
I haven't really ever done d2 endgame, but uhh, there's specific days to determine what slot you are more likely to receive out of engrams? gently caress that explains so much..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

onesixtwo posted:

I haven't really ever done d2 endgame, but uhh, there's specific days to determine what slot you are more likely to receive out of engrams? gently caress that explains so much..

No, there's just a way to determine what exotic you get out of an exotic engram that you got from a Legend/Master Lost Sector.