Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Boba Pearl posted:

Ok but the funniest thing about this is that the collections lock in already happened, so it'll not effect mod packs because of the new policy / backend nexus has.

[Fo4] Nexus Mods download links for Neanka's mods (MCM, DEF_UI, LevelUpMenuX)

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Mar 7, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I'm really surprised no one's come out with a replacement for this in the last like five years: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14896/?tab=description

just simple "share this container between multiple settlements" functionality, i figured everyone would have that.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Arivia posted:

I'm really surprised no one's come out with a replacement for this in the last like five years: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14896/?tab=description

just simple "share this container between multiple settlements" functionality, i figured everyone would have that.

Between item sorting functionality in current UI mods and the fact that settlement stores are already shared if they have supply lines or caravans set up, it's not super necessary?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Fall UI is much better than DefUI so no great loss but yeah MCM is essential.

Also while messing with settings a few weeks back I saw the vanilla container / vendor UI for the first time in years and recoiled in horror.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

I'm getting to the point I need to start looking into how to merge plug-ins. I've culled everywhere I can but I still keep running up against the limit

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Mandrel posted:

I'm getting to the point I need to start looking into how to merge plug-ins. I've culled everywhere I can but I still keep running up against the limit

It's pretty easy to do but if you use MO2 the Merge Plugin program throws a fit and you need to make an edit to the ini file to make it work.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/discussions/0/1657817111847021416/

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Psycho Landlord posted:

Between item sorting functionality in current UI mods and the fact that settlement stores are already shared if they have supply lines or caravans set up, it's not super necessary?

Maybe I'm missing something in like the big overhauls but having a shared box you can put your armor or weapons in and access them from other settlements is pretty great imo. (ie things that don't live in the crafting system)

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

That is my fatman. Give it back you are a dog. That isn't even how you hold it.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Mandrel posted:

ESL flag as many plugins as you can. Those don't count toward your limit and will free up space much easier than trying to merge them.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Relyssa posted:

ESL flag as many plugins as you can. Those don't count toward your limit and will free up space much easier than trying to merge them.

oh yeah, we're way past that. like 350 of those alone

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
There is something oddly satisfying installing "Scrap Everything" and cleaning up all the trash, debris and skeletons littering your settlements. Everyone else in every FO game since 3 may be happy sleeping on a bed next to a pile of gore and eating at a table in a kitchen with heaps of trash under the table, but not THIS sole survivor!

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
As if you don't just quiver with joy every time you see the respawning feral corpses littering Sunshine Tidings?

(I've read that they can be removed... by physically hauling them all the way out of the cell. I think last time I just built concrete blocks where they spawn so I wouldn't have to look at 'em)

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Installing Magnum Opus and questioning my life as I click "slow download" for mod #472, Vengenaut's Gray/Tan Crewneck Sweaters Pack

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God
Does anyone have any experience with Fallout 4 Enhanced Edition? I was thinking about reinstalling and am a bit torn between trying to get back into my old Horizon game or starting again with Enhanced Edition. Magnum Opus/Sim Settlements sound good too but I was craving a more survival/crafting based experience.

Rynyin
Feb 10, 2006

H.Y.C.Y.BH?

I played a few hours (20ish) of F4EE but didn't get too far. Spent a lot of time trying to get some settlements going but my Horizon playthroughs usually turn out that way. It's mostly what it says on the tin, Horizon but more with some shiny new features, leans a little more into the Hardcore side of things.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Installing Magnum Opus and questioning my life as I click "slow download" for mod #472, Vengenaut's Gray/Tan Crewneck Sweaters Pack

I have a pile of donation points and nothing to spend them on, would you like a month of premium so you don't have to click the button five thousand times? Would just need your nexus profile link

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
I appreciate it! I ended up doing the whole installation the hard way, but if I were to do it again I would 100% just spend the five pounds for premium because it took like five hours of watching a show while clicking. I personally never felt the need for all the beautiful npc mods included but I'll reserve my judgment for when I play.

Kevin DuBrow fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Mar 18, 2022

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
The story of university point is so sad. Poor Jacq and her dad.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Terry Moore has a pleasant twitter presence :allears:

https://twitter.com/TerryMooreArt/status/1505927444091764736

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

okay but how do i add them to my settlement

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Well that's a humorous misclick :kiddo:

terry moore is nice tho

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Strangers In Paradise Falls

(Sorry, FO3 reference)

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I'm at that point in a Sim Settlements playthrough where any time I go near any of my settlements the game crashes :negative:

Such a neat mod with so much content but fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Flesh Forge posted:

I'm at that point in a Sim Settlements playthrough where any time I go near any of my settlements the game crashes :negative:

Such a neat mod with so much content but fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Have you cranked up the script limit in your INI? That's really what's getting them in the end, that they're locked to per-frame processing and the engine dies otherwise.

Other than that, I've had some luck quicksaving before I get close to a settlement and then edging forward so I'm not updating the whole thing at once.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Yes, use Bakascrap or whatever it's called to increase the memory limit for script loads. Honestly that should be a necessary step for SS2 based on my playtime with it. I was able to build up the triangle of death with no issues afterwards.

yegods
Apr 6, 2007

Cerebus can destroy ANYTHING. Cerebus is the POPE.

Flesh Forge posted:

Well that's a humorous misclick :kiddo:

terry moore is nice tho

Where did you mean to post that? I might be interested in that forum...

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

yegods posted:

Where did you mean to post that? I might be interested in that forum...

the good/bad comic art thread, I don't read that much from the forum at large but I like that particular thread. the whole thread is great imo, start from the beginning and just enjoy, context is unnecessary to any of it
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3400783

Glazius posted:

Have you cranked up the script limit in your INI? That's really what's getting them in the end, that they're locked to per-frame processing and the engine dies otherwise.

Other than that, I've had some luck quicksaving before I get close to a settlement and then edging forward so I'm not updating the whole thing at once.

I hadn't thought there was an ini tweak that might help there, thanks I will check that out. yes I usually quicksave and approach backwards, because (lol) what is in camera view is apparently a big part of the problem.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Psycho Landlord posted:

Yes, use Bakascrap or whatever it's called to increase the memory limit for script loads. Honestly that should be a necessary step for SS2 based on my playtime with it. I was able to build up the triangle of death with no issues afterwards.

Oh jesus I wish I knew about this when I first started playing.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

it's maybe a little early to say but so far baka scrapheap isn't helping at all :shrug:

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
I keep getting CTDs with my load order and have possibly narrowed it down not owning 3 "workshop DLCs".

Am I correct in assuming I have to go through each mod that requires those DLCs with the GECK and use trickery in order to get everything working?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

what specific DLCs is it looking for, do you mean the actual Bethesda content DLCs?

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
Contraptions, Vault-Tec and Wasteland Workshop official DLC.

Not having these DLCs causes me to CTD because it appears a ton of mods require them. I'm wondering if there's a way around this or if i'm misinterpreting something.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Apr 4, 2022

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Need to buy the dlc or don't use mods that depend on them, but at this point *a lot* of mods depend on them

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

yeah you're gonna want to just get the DLC, the vast majority of mods require them

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Flesh Forge posted:

it's maybe a little early to say but so far baka scrapheap isn't helping at all :shrug:

...how large are your settlements

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

one thing I've discovered is unpacking as many of your small .ba2 files as you can. nothing with like textures or assets and poo poo because that'll tank your framerate, but all the little bullshit 1-15 kb ones like Settlers Go Shopping or whatever, they still count towards the nebulous 225-500 limit the same as the big ones, so unpack em. I was able to unpack like 100 tiny .ba2s and my performance/stability has never been better

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Psycho Landlord posted:

...how large are your settlements

when any of them get over about 20 plots they start being very crash prone. number of built-up settlements compounds this, it's generally not bad with one or two heavily built up settlements but when I have 6 or so it's a regular thing. turning all the SS2 performance options all the way down and turning off visitor NPCs does not affect this at all. I rarely use the included city plans because they're usually these hilariously overbuilt things that immediately go over the construction limit without even placing all their clutter bullshit that just makes it harder to actually use the amenities anyway.
re: mods that use script features, I use almost none like that, none at all that affect settler/npc behavior.

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Apr 4, 2022

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

My Sanctuary build on my last run was 30-35 plots, along with a no-plot but built up Red Rocket gas station as a personal mansion and the simple city plan for Abernathy Farm, and I don't think I crashed once fast traveling into that area with Baka enabled. My understanding is this particular issue isn't hardware dependent at all, so maybe check your installation?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I have a new policy of just building one of abernathy, red rocket and sanctuary (usually abernathy). any of the regions with settlements within sight of each other like oberland/graygarden, the slog/finch farm/county crossing etc, I do not build at more than one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Yeah that's normally what you should do - the Sanctuary area is called the Triangle of Death for a reason. Bakascrapheap's memory limit increase lets you play around more, hence my recommendation to install it and my attempts to help you troubleshoot why it isn't affording you the same freedom.