Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

So why aren't we racing in Sochi then? If it's ok to race in homophobic petrochemical tyrannies at war?

there would be 0 races a year if anyone actually cared about not racing in countries that don't respect human rights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!
Belgian Grand Prix is certainly out.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

zhel posted:

What’s the chance that Sky even mention this going on during FP3? I bet Crofty will be too busy making fun of accents…

If mentioned they will briefly and obliquely refer to the 'incident during FP2 yesterday'. That seems to be how F1 has officially decided to refer to it.

zhel
Aug 2, 2010

Red Warrior posted:

If mentioned they will briefly and obliquely refer to the 'incident during FP2 yesterday'. That seems to be how F1 has officially decided to refer to it.

drat Crofty straight up asked Otmar about the “difficult to leave” statement that’s going around.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Crofty’s going to get the journalist treatment

nerox
May 20, 2001
They seem to be real careful in making the cameras real tight on the cars anytime they might could see the black smoke in the background.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

nerox posted:

They seem to be real careful in making the cameras real tight on the cars anytime they might could see the black smoke in the background.

That's just how the coverage is here, it's just dire all low angles that show nothing but the track, especially once the sun goes down and it's just a black hole.

Edit: Gasly just stopped in pit exit. Red Bull Power Trains everybody.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
lol gasly pushing his car back

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Hopefully Red Bull can repeat this stellar performance in quali and the race

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Before that F1TV were just explaining that the facilities are so badly designed that Merc need to angle their cars in the garage so they have turn clearance to pull out.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Red Warrior posted:

Before that F1TV were just explaining that the facilities are so badly designed that Merc need to angle their cars in the garage so they have turn clearance to pull out.

lmao, just an absolute clownshow

a clown course, for clowns, at the clown circus.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Bottas again humiliating Merc lol.

Edit: and basically everyone else tbf.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Red Warrior posted:

Bottas again humiliating Merc lol.

Edit: and basically everyone else tbf.

Ferrari engine supremacy

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

lmao... Gordon Ramsey in the garage

"BONO THESE TIRES ARE. loving. RAW!"

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Max got some air there

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

lol latifi

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

loltifi

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Now do that in qually Leclerc

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

He has really been hiding in the incompetent fail-son shadow of Marzipan.. on full display now

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
LeClerc going like a rocket!!!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

nerox posted:

I can't believe they're still running this race.

I also can't believe F1 allowed the Saudis and, presumably, a reality TV show to put a death grip on their balls to still run this race.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

PHOWAR FORZA FERRIARI!!!!

If you stay faster than max* you’ll win the race!!!! Also avoid the rockets

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

big valt looks like a genius.

:rip: mclaren

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
The Papayas are dead to me.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Mercedes are in trouble

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

did mercedes accidentally build a Lego engine or something

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Toto my team is gone

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
No Merc engines in the top 10, completely nuts.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Who knew the real magic to the Mercedes run was Big Valtt

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
F1 2022: Valtteri's Revenge is extremely cool.

Here's hoping that Honda's engines are the only thing that blows up on track this weekend.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

boop the snoot posted:

ride or die binch

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i still believe in the papaya :lando:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Long-time lurker here, but:

quote:

FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem added: “We had meeting with high level security officials; we had meetings with the team principals; we had meetings with the drivers and, I ask you: who are they targeting? They are targeting the prospector of the oil company, not the civilian and not, of course, the event.

“Of course we had assurances from high levels that this is a secured place. The whole place will be secured and let’s go on racing. All the families are here, we’re only looking forward but with the assurance that nothing is going to happen.”

https://racer.com/2022/03/25/driver...P94eIbILeK8Iex0

This is some NASCAR Brian France-era "The problem doesn't affect me directly and I don't see the problem here, so there's not a problem!" leadership if I've ever seen it. :downsbravo:

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
hope a rocket doesnt nuke the circuit before another scud victory, also what the gently caress happened to the mercedes engine.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

boop the snoot posted:

We made it through the dark Honda period, we can make it through this OP!

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Zeta Acosta posted:

hope a rocket doesnt nuke the circuit before another scud victory, also what the gently caress happened to the mercedes engine.

:staredog:

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Pre season practice Mercedes: "we have big problems, this is going to take more than a few races to solve"

Everyone: "sandbagging!"

Race 1 merc: "this is still going to take awhile to solve"

Everyone: "hmmm maybe Mercedes was....not sandbagging?"

Race 2 merc: "same as we said last time"

Everyone: "It's gotta be the power unit! It's totally unfixable! Mercedes is hosed forever!"

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
The engine has a power problem man. This is really obvious. Every Mercedes-Benz team has issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

GramCracker posted:

We made it through the dark Honda period, we can make it through this OP!

:lando::lando::lando: