Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Made the mistake of looking up “Friday Night’s a Great Night for Football” and it’s been stuck in my head all week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

GPTribefan posted:

“Kids” has gotta be up there with “Primal Fear” for “most times referenced without being done as an episode”.

The past episode reminded me that Last Action Hero also has to be in the running for that

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

I went to Andrew’s Letterboxd because I wanted to see something about a movie he posted about on Twitter and likely spoiler for next Once in a Lifetime: seems like they’re doing the deed and we’re getting Stalked by My Doctor: Patient's Revenge next!

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Andorra posted:

The past episode reminded me that Last Action Hero also has to be in the running for that

I really wish they’d do another unofficial “Stay Tuned” month.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
The most recent Nexus's "I hope the replicator can make cum" is probably the best payoff to an ongoing gag.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Cael posted:

I went to Andrew’s Letterboxd because I wanted to see something about a movie he posted about on Twitter and likely spoiler for next Once in a Lifetime: seems like they’re doing the deed and we’re getting Stalked by My Doctor: Patient's Revenge next!

That's not a spoiler, they made a Patreon poll for whether they should continue doing random Lifetime movies or just binge through the Stalked By My Doctor series first and the latter won.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

AceOfFlames posted:

That's not a spoiler, they made a Patreon poll for whether they should continue doing random Lifetime movies or just binge through the Stalked By My Doctor series first and the latter won.

I mean it is a spoiler if you're not part of the 1% who can afford podcast and doordash.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I just noticed today's episode of Minion Death Cult is featuring Szyszka. They're covering Sicario 2, so I guess I know what I'll be listening to after lunch.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Cabin and Jupin mentioned it on Twitter last night, but if you haven't seen Questlove's "Summer of Soul," check it out. It's on Disney+ and maybe Hulu.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Iron Crowned posted:

I just noticed today's episode of Minion Death Cult is featuring Szyszka. They're covering Sicario 2, so I guess I know what I'll be listening to after lunch.

I'm halfway in at work and it's just as good as when Chris guested to talk Yellowstone. Who knew the two hosts with the darkest sense of humor fit in well over there?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Jose Oquendo posted:

Cabin and Jupin mentioned it on Twitter last night, but if you haven't seen Questlove's "Summer of Soul," check it out. It's on Disney+ and maybe Hulu.

I've decided I need to watch it to make up for no one paying attention to his amazing acceptance speech, due to...obvious reasons.

I didn't know it was on Disney+, so that makes it considerably easier. Thanks!

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Goddamnit I feel like there's a joke about Steven Segal in Marked for Death being really amped to be at work the morning after the Oscar's so he could talk all about Will Smith slapping Chris Rock but I am not the person to do it.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Geezer pleaser is an outstanding addition to the whm vocabulary right next to dadfernoon

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Sicario is pretty over the top and dumb. But at least it has good intrigue and action.

Day of the Soldado is like a fanfic that takes the CIA operator nonsense to 11 and even dumber drama poo poo.

e;
Also, how do these guys not know that the way Del Toro shoots the gun with his finger is how you blast with a light gun on an arcade machine?

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Mar 29, 2022

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh god, they're doing an emergency episode on Morbius next week on the main feed :lol:

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Praying that movie lives up to being ridiculously bad and not just a bloated snoozefest.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah, kind of a gamble they are taking here. Those trailers make it look like a 50/50 chance of it being funny bad or boring bad.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

MariusLecter posted:

Sicario is pretty over the top and dumb. But at least it has good intrigue and action.

Day of the Soldado is like a fanfic that takes the CIA operator nonsense to 11 and even dumber drama poo poo.

e;
Also, how do these guys not know that the way Del Toro shoots the gun with his finger is how you blast with a light gun on an arcade machine?

It's such a stupid way to shoot a gun.

Playing catch-up now, holy crap that Pinocchio episode is great

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
https://twitter.com/stephensajdak/status/1508907068178280456?s=20&t=til37506W6VNotcnnV4khA

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

I will not be seeing Morbius before listening to the episode. Because gently caress that movie. All the same, I can't wait to hear them talk about it.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I had no intention of seeing Morbius until it hit VOD but now I gotta see it before their episode drops.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

One thing that makes me think this movie might just be boring bad is how Jared freaking Leto can't muster enough energy to give a flying gently caress about promoting it:

https://youtu.be/ScM9lqsuRgc

"He is...strong"

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

guess im seeing Morbius this weekend.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

There are plenty of bizarre and inexplicable Hollywood success stories but none are more bizarre and inexplicable than Jared Leto being a loving movie star.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
The idea of an "EMERGENCY EPISODE" is funny.

Like, I know there's a lot of bad poo poo out there we can poke fun at but this is a loving emergency.

Like if they don;t do an episode post haste, people are gonna get hurt.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

The last time they did an emergency episode was for BvS and I think we can all agree it was a positive community service. They're doing the lords work!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Jose Oquendo posted:

I had no intention of seeing Morbius until it hit VOD but now I gotta see it before their episode drops.
Yeah for real. I guess I'll be seeing Morbius on Monday night lol

Also, live mailbag!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JlyzgdpJyQ

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
You don’t HAVE to see the movie before the episode (or at all if you don’t want).

Don’t watch movies you don’t want to watch.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Nah I like punishment.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I've never watched BvS and consider the Emergency Episode on that to be one of their greatest. All the Holly Hunter impressions and piss jar talk leave me in stitches.

I saw the Eternals after listening to their episode and wish I hadn't. I'll stick to enjoying Morbius through the WHM gang.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

dorium posted:

Nah I like punishment.

<Chris Cabin voice> PAIN PIG

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

This Last Castle episode is amazing so far. Steve invented a new category beyond Dadfernoon. Geezer Pleaser.

“So Grandpa tells you what a Castle is…”
Not the best joke based on it, just a taste. I don’t want to spoil the best ones.

Great poo poo.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

enigmahfc posted:

You don’t HAVE to see the movie before the episode (or at all if you don’t want).

Don’t watch movies you don’t want to watch.

I enjoy the episodes doing movies I've seen more than the others, to the point that I'll at least check out a 15 minute YT review first before I dive in. Just being able to picture things in satirical humor based on a visual medium helps the comedy for me.

Speaking of older episodes, I wish they'd go back to doing drops again. Even short ones.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I'm so burnt out on Marvel movies that I wasn't gonna see Morbius anyway, so this will basically be a replacement.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Tato posted:

I've never watched BvS and consider the Emergency Episode on that to be one of their greatest. All the Holly Hunter impressions and piss jar talk leave me in stitches.

I saw the Eternals after listening to their episode and wish I hadn't. I'll stick to enjoying Morbius through the WHM gang.

I coincidentally relistened to BvS last week, and yeah, it's a great episode, and cannot wait to find out how bad Morbius is.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Guess we now know why Bruce Willis did all those "secret movies":

https://twitter.com/variety/status/1509205299298816007?s=21&t=hktgp7pIvMdaPx4y5K36hw

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
What if Morbius has a huge opening weekend because of the whm bump? Do you think the boys could live with themselves if they’re partially responsible for Morbius 2?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Then I think they'd be happy with the rush to produce Zoo 2, the first X-rated Marvel movie and the release of the Zapruder Film (uncut)

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

If you subscribe to the Patreon, can you access the new content in apps like Pocket Cast?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Chaotic Flame posted:

If you subscribe to the Patreon, can you access the new content in apps like Pocket Cast?

Yes. It gives you a custom RSS to add to software like that.