Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Random Stranger posted:

You know, as long as we're mentioning cartoon themes, I have to inflict this on everyone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H5zXh6MVvg

They only made 5 episodes of this but weirdly enough it got action figure tie ins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Fantastic Four #98 (1970)

Spidey Super Stories #42 (1979)

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Darthemed posted:

Spidey Super Stories #42 (1979)

Twitching over "thruout"

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

muscles like this! posted:

They only made 5 episodes of this but weirdly enough it got action figure tie ins.

Reasonably sure the toys were produced before the first episode was even written.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

that show was my introduction to swamp thing the character and later when i heard wild thing on the radio i was confused why the lyrics were wrong

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Most cartoon intro songs didn't go as hard as Bucky O'Hare.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD3lUzIB9JQ
("Righteous Indignation" is the name of the ship)

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Mar 26, 2022

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Mierenneuker posted:

Most cartoon intro songs didn't go as hard as Bucky O'Hare.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD3lUzIB9JQ
("Righteous Indignation" is the name of the ship)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGISX9EwGFA

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I think you have causality of that backward.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Random Stranger posted:

You know, as long as we're mentioning cartoon themes, I have to inflict this on everyone:

Fun fact; this is the only song on Alan Moore’s Zune

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

If I ever get the pen for a Swamp Thing story, I’m going to bring in Arcane’s henchman from the cartoon. Especially the gas mask guy.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.

Random Stranger posted:

I see you that one and raise you the extra-cursed version they switched to, probably because of legal threats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW4ZlO5p86Y

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

I just can't get over how insanely great this scene is, especially the third panel where the guy who just got his arm shot off is waving his finger in outrage.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

A Strange Aeon posted:

I just can't get over how insanely great this scene is, especially the third panel where the guy who just got his arm shot off is waving his finger in outrage.

Wait, is this the battle that follows the Bhagavad-Gita in the Mahabharata?

Because it seems a bit rich of Krishna to try a get Arjuna to save a particular dude, when he's just spent all that time convincing Arjuna that he should go to battle because everyone's going to die anyway, by the way here's my cosmic form as avatar of Vishnu.

How big is the book this comic is in? Are they doing the whole Mahabharata? Because that would be insane - it is NOT a short work.

I'm really enjoying the Spidey Stories feel it has, though. Keep posting!

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Greetings from the Street Boyzz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLKYOSiW7U4

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Elissimpark posted:

Wait, is this the battle that follows the Bhagavad-Gita in the Mahabharata?

Because it seems a bit rich of Krishna to try a get Arjuna to save a particular dude, when he's just spent all that time convincing Arjuna that he should go to battle because everyone's going to die anyway, by the way here's my cosmic form as avatar of Vishnu.

How big is the book this comic is in? Are they doing the whole Mahabharata? Because that would be insane - it is NOT a short work.

I'm really enjoying the Spidey Stories feel it has, though. Keep posting!

It's a three volume set, each volume around 400 some pages. It covers the whole thing but of course a lot is left out--the Gita is covered in like one page, for instance.

I'm enjoying it a lot though and will probably pick up the Ramayana set. The art is mostly shirtless dudes who all look alike talking and shooting arrows at each other but it's a pretty easy way to learn at least the broad strokes of a world epic.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

A Strange Aeon posted:

It's a three volume set, each volume around 400 some pages. It covers the whole thing but of course a lot is left out--the Gita is covered in like one page, for instance.

I'm enjoying it a lot though and will probably pick up the Ramayana set. The art is mostly shirtless dudes who all look alike talking and shooting arrows at each other but it's a pretty easy way to learn at least the broad strokes of a world epic.

Yeah, I've tried the Gita a couple times but bounced off it, so I don't think the Mahabharata is a go. As I get older, I'm preferring shorter form fiction anyway. Even Borges can feel too wordy at times.

I'd love to see the Gita page. I'm imagining Arjuna asking why he should join battle and Krishna's just "eh, it's... complicated..."

I wonder if anyone's done Tale of the Heike. It'd be similar, lots of dudes shooting arrows at each other, but with shirts.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Darthemed posted:

“WOW, a man landed on the moon”
“Dude, a man made out of rocks helped a guy on fire beat a 100 foot tall alien in purple cargo pants last week while a living Oscar statue on a surfboard flew around and a giant bald guy set the sky on fire”.
“Oh yeah…. “

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Elissimpark posted:

Yeah, I've tried the Gita a couple times but bounced off it, so I don't think the Mahabharata is a go. As I get older, I'm preferring shorter form fiction anyway. Even Borges can feel too wordy at times.

I'd love to see the Gita page. I'm imagining Arjuna asking why he should join battle and Krishna's just "eh, it's... complicated..."

I wonder if anyone's done Tale of the Heike. It'd be similar, lots of dudes shooting arrows at each other, but with shirts.
Not a comic, but there's an 11-episode anime called The Heike Story that came out just last year.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Keromaru5 posted:

Not a comic, but there's an 11-episode anime called The Heike Story that came out just last year.

I did a Google after my post and saw that. It'll probably cover the politics and drama more than the crazy arrow duels and weird suicides, but I might have a look anyway.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Darthemed posted:

The women looks so bored.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Alhazred posted:

The women looks so bored.

They're French. Ennui is built-in.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Elissimpark posted:

Usagi Yojimbo adapted some of it in the "Grasscutter" storyline.

More Supreme:

Supreme #52b

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Detective Comics #7 (1937)

Captain Marvel #29 (2002)

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Action Jacktion posted:

Usagi Yojimbo adapted some of it in the "Grasscutter" storyline.

More Supreme:

Supreme #52b

Gah, again, why didn't they include this stuff in the two collections!?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Weren't those pages drawn by Rick Veitch? I seem to recall a royalties issue?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Why you should read Witch Watch, in one panel.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

U.S.Agent #1 (1993)

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Darthemed posted:

Spider-Man Unlimited #16 (1997)

Captain Marvel #27 (2002)

Why is Rick Jones black in here?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Tales to Astonish! #3 (1959)

Spider-Man Unlimited #18 (1997)

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Real Persons of Might play the Chuck Norris Karate Kommandos drinking game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK6hb602588

Basic rules: every time you hear 'Chuck Norris,' take a shot.

Advanced rules: every time you hear 'Chuck,' take a shot.

Expert rules: every time you hear any proper name, take a shot.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Daredevil #31.

I love the : D expression he has.

(he's wearing that costume 'cause he's in prision for his catholic guilt, basically. They let him wear a mask while he serves his time).

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Vincent posted:

Daredevil #31.

I love the : D expression he has.

(he's wearing that costume 'cause he's in prision for his catholic guilt, basically. They let him wear a mask while he serves his time).

They let him wear the mask because if it became officially known that he was Matt Murdock a bunch of cases would have to be thrown out and that’s the most Daredevil thing ever

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

thetoughestbean posted:

They let him wear the mask because if it became officially known that he was Matt Murdock a bunch of cases would have to be thrown out and that’s the most Daredevil thing ever

Isn'r that normal for superheroes with secret IDs? I guess it would be worse for him since he's a trial attorney.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

thetoughestbean posted:

It was more because of precedent set in the MU after judges allowed vigilante witnesses to testify without revealing their identities. Though despite this being allowed, the DA insisted on seeing him without the mask, after which concerns about Matt's previous cases certainly played a roll in keeping his mouth shut.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I think Daredevil has had his identity revealed/retconned/revealed/retconned more times than any other character in comic book history.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Vincent posted:

Why is Rick Jones black in here?

Long story short? He magically got returned to youth after a death worshipper made him an ancient one armed man with no teeth. He was so happy to be young and with Marlo again he got a new haircut, got a dark tan, and a new ‘stache. It doesn’t last long and he’s back to the floppy haired doofus look by volume 2

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I (used to?) have an I'M NOT DAREDEVIL t-shirt and wore it to a con. I went to Mark Waid's table and his partner points and me and shouts "YES YOU ARE!" and I was confused for a moment.

Anyway, that's my Daredevil story, hope you liked it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Does anyone remember which comic had Captain America travel forwards in time again to a post-apocalypse only to discover it's less than a decade in the future? Something like that?