Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Hit men for Destiny was a wild ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
I binge-read all of Thornsby's comics some years ago, reading it at a slower place with people pointing out some of the subtle bits is even better.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I'm in that sweet spot where my binge through Thoresby's comics was long enough ago my memory is hazy on it, so it's been fun going through HFD again.

I was also disappointed when I went to go read 10 Earth Shattering blows and realized it's barely started.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

EasilyConfused posted:

I binge-read all of Thornsby's comics some years ago, reading it at a slower place with people pointing out some of the subtle bits is even better.

it's really helpful to me when people point out poo poo in the comics. I would've missed all kinds of details

Selklubber
Jul 11, 2010
reading the early hfd posts, found this hidden gem

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Elviscat posted:

I was also disappointed when I went to go read 10 Earth Shattering blows and realized it's barely started.

It's been running for over four years now, it's just a comic that doesn't let the idea that plot should develop get in the way of the fight scenes.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

EasilyConfused posted:

I agree with this; I binged HfD and it was interesting, but it was definitely better like this.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

https://twitter.com/lastplacecomics/status/1507784034725859334?t=Tg8b3lNM8Jv6u4FPGu_tzA&s=19

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

ultrafilter posted:

It's very similar to the Passion, Lies and Fungus arc of HfD. That's probably what you're thinking of.

No it's the one with the guy whose father is his boss and he's cheating on his wife. I'm not going crazy it was posted but whatever I don't post poo poo so plz if the spirit moves you post away

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Stand Still. Stay Silent

Enter the himbo. Emil may not be the brightest but he tries his best. Also glad to see the Finns have taken all the essentials for the journey

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Petiso posted:

Love the Noctowl-Stolas.

I genuinely enjoy the Pokémon reimagined designs in the comic.
They're definitely one of the highlights of the comic. There's one in particular later on I really like.

Apocalypse Johto Part 1: Silver Lining
Chapter 7: Radio Free Goldenrod

Today also happens to be the author's birthday!

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

:dafuq:

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
space dread continues being the most relatable character in comics today

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Space Lesbians the comic is still the best.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Splesbians

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

New thread title?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Blast from the past comic

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

nah, for preference

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
The New Adventures of the Duck Avenger

savvy readers may notice that this hulking fellow resembles the dude on the cover of this issue

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Makai no Ossan (read right to left)

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
Knowing we're almost caught up with Aphelion already and barely anything has even happened is a bit disappointing. So far a guy is turned into a killbot and wanders around abandoned landscapes while confusing discussions happen. It doesn't seem to be their day job but the creator's tumblr mentions their goal is one page a month, and they're not even matching that... they seem to have planned the story out so I wonder how long they expect the finished project to be.

SSSS must have been posted in one of the other comic threads because I recall skipping over it, but I'm reading it this time and it's quite nice. Though I'm incapable of telling most of the characters apart.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

The New Adventures of the Duck Avenger

savvy readers may notice that this hulking fellow resembles the dude on the cover of this issue

Very freaky seeing obvious Rob Liefeld influences in a donald duck clinic

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

KennyMan666 posted:

They're definitely one of the highlights of the comic. There's one in particular later on I really like.

Apocalypse Johto Part 1: Silver Lining
Chapter 7: Radio Free Goldenrod

Today also happens to be the author's birthday!

the art and panel layouts in these suddenly got way better

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

Retrofitted catalytic converter warms fine cognac

Mister Gary runs the Anger Management Support Group

I know you and you know me and I see you and you see me

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Last time, on Unicorn Jelly: Lupiko the witch and Uni went out to go save some guy's daughter, who was attached by a crystal basilisk. Now, they are attacked by a crystal basilisk.

Lurk Ethic
Jul 25, 2007

Lurk More
The Property of Hate

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Mx. posted:

the art and panel layouts in these suddenly got way better

Yeah it's a lot easier to follow along now, more enjoyable for sure

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Quoting the entire previous update of comics whenever you post a new update of comics suuuuuuucks when you're on a tablet

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Ten Earth Shattering Blows

gently caress it, just going MAXIMUM CLICHE

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

more like Two Earth Shattering Thighs :slime:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Gravid Topiary posted:

more like Two Earth Shattering Thighs :slime:
:hmmyes: yeah that's some Monster they got there.

Also I think she greatly exaggerated the lizards' ability to jump/climb.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Lmao at the princess or w/e eating dirt while the mc poses dramatically love that poo poo

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

The idea of Ressurectol being both time-limited and very expensive just gives me flashbacks to the feeling of having insured a capital in EVE Online.

Might as well get your money's worth!

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Between HfD and Splesbians I've gotten used to this thread's comics being very gay, so I'm looking forward to Monster and bratty mask princess's forthcoming romance.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

rydiafan posted:

Between HfD and Splesbians I've gotten used to this thread's comics being very gay, so I'm looking forward to Monster and bratty mask princess's forthcoming romance.

They both started the story masked, so they have that in common.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

the holy poopacy posted:

Ten Earth Shattering Blows

gently caress it, just going MAXIMUM CLICHE

I think my favourite thing about this comic is just how much fun everyone is having. Look at the guys stabbing the lizard claws! They're loving today!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

some plague rats posted:

I think my favourite thing about this comic is just how much fun everyone is having. Look at the guys stabbing the lizard claws! They're loving today!

Poor lizard, though. :smith: