Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

They should split up ARR into two roulettes:

Bad Alliance Raid Roulette with CT and Void Ark

Good Alliance Raid Roulette with the others

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Qwertycoatl posted:

:hmmyes:

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

My condolences to the sprout that needs their first-time WoD clear and has to do it with a group of people that would willingly queue for only CT and Void Ark

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Qwertycoatl posted:

Nah split it into short (lota, ct, void ark, mhach, rabanastre, lighthouse) vs long (wod, dun scaith, orbonne, all of nier)

Adjust rewards for each.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
They should put ilevel caps on duties that match the max ilevel when they launched. LOTA at i90 is still a breeze, but it is different place than at i130. Likewise Syrcus Tower should be capped to i110. This would solve a lot of the issues.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

They should put ilevel caps on duties that match the max ilevel when they launched. LOTA at i90 is still a breeze, but it is different place than at i130. Likewise Syrcus Tower should be capped to i110. This would solve a lot of the issues.

100%

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

CJ posted:

The Chloe book thing is kind of undermined by letting you unsync it and just use reroll points to do Garuda over and over.

Guess how you get those reroll points!

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
I think we can all agree that the best part of losing MSQR will be consigning these recurring debates about the morality of skipping Castrum to the annals of history.

Mr. Nice! posted:

This is a good idea, though in practice they'd probably get angry nerd backlash due to runs being slightly slower and requiring more attention than they did previously.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Bloody Emissary posted:

I think we can all agree that the best part of losing MSQR will be consigning these recurring debates about the morality of skipping Castrum to the annals of history.

I'm glad we got in one last round of it before it goes away forever.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Bloody Emissary posted:

However, debates on the morality of taking off gear to get CT will last forever

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
my five four dungeons I'd theoretically ban if that was a thing:

darkhold
city of amdapor normal
antitower
dead ends, though this one is a very good dungeon! it just has a strobing effect partway in that makes me feel nauseated.

fortunately half of those dungeons are ones I never see anyway.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Bloody Emissary posted:

https://twitter.com/Nova_Crystallis/status/1499725412309610498
Not losing it per se.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

If it's still in its own roulette then they're going to need to make the rewards pretty major to incentivize running it at all.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
ooooof a healer not healing made for such a rough Ridorana that I'm just gonna have to take a break

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm glad we got in one last round of it before it goes away forever.

With 3-4 weeks before 6.1 launches this will almost certainly not be the last round.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Theris posted:

With 3-4 weeks before 6.1 launches this will almost certainly not be the last round.

Plus we can get debates about leaving if you do/don't get the right dungeon/trial in the new roulette started.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Leraika posted:

my five four dungeons I'd theoretically ban if that was a thing:

antitower

Why?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I assume they're addressing the long unskippable cutscenes by placing as much of them as possible in between the dungeons and trial, but it seems likely the trial will be much shorter than the dungeons, so if the rewards are scaled to the duration we'll still see people bailing on the one they don't want to do.

I got Dun Scaith in alliance rou yesterday and the cowardly tank and both healers in my party jumped ship. But of course the game's players have for the most part learned all the mechanics thanks to the ongoing event, so it went perfectly well after we got replacements. Their loss.

FuturePastNow fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Mar 26, 2022

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Qwertycoatl posted:

Dun Scaith and Orbonne should go in the bad roulette.

I mean, not only are the bad, but it's be really funny cause you'd have a huge difficulty contrast within the roulette.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

Dun Scaith and Orbonne should go in the bad roulette.

I mean, not only are the bad, but it's be really funny cause you'd have a huge difficulty contrast within the roulette.

Orbonne is good, actually

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Orbonne and Dun Scaith both rule

There are so few places in this game where you can watch 24 people perish simultaneously, and that's always funny

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Kind of don't like the game wasting my time with a wipe check 70% through a fight.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Speaking of wipes 70% of the way through the fight (actually 87% or so through), I hope we can finally get curtain call sorted out this afternoon. We're so close but still seem to be dying about half way through. Our healers are going to have a heart attack.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

FuturePastNow posted:

Orbonne and Dun Scaith both rule

There are so few places in this game where you can watch 24 people perish simultaneously, and that's always funny

I miss pre-Echo Ivalice

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Mostly I've just run it too many times and the first and second bosses aren't really engaging at all with how fast they die.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
what's a wipe check

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

hazardousmouse posted:

ooooof a healer not healing made for such a rough Ridorana that I'm just gonna have to take a break

I had a tank bail on an LDR when toto-rak came up. Within 1 minute we had another tank and basically speedran that dungeon. I got two levels on my pugilist, soon to be monk, so gently caress that tank.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Countblanc posted:

what's a wipe check

What you do after answering nature's call, before pulling your pants back up

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Finally started working on CNJ after abandoning it as soon as I found out it was a healer, unlocked WHM, and I have one question:

Why does Holy skip straight to Holy III?

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Regalingualius posted:

Finally started working on CNJ after abandoning it as soon as I found out it was a healer, unlocked WHM, and I have one question:

Why does Holy skip straight to Holy III?

In the japanese version they use the traditional final fantasy spell suffixes (fire I is fire, fire 2 is Fira, Fire 3 is Firaga, etc.), so it might just be that "Holyga" sounds better than "Holyra".

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

IIRC, there are enemies who use Holy 2 though.

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Speaking of wipes 70% of the way through the fight (actually 87% or so through), I hope we can finally get curtain call sorted out this afternoon. We're so close but still seem to be dying about half way through. Our healers are going to have a heart attack.

Make sure you tell your people to stay standing a little closer to the boss than normal so nobody's dodging heals. We noticed (through Oopsyraidy) that we consistently had people getting missed by one healer or the other when everybody was hanging out at max melee, and those missed heals eventually accumulate into deaths, so we revised the strategy to have everyone stay a step or two closer - just inside the boss's hitbox, really - and the problem largely went away. The other thing is to make sure that people don't hang out on the periphery after breaking their tether and come back in where AOE heals will reach them.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Holy 2 is too holy.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Runa posted:

Totorak is legit one of the fastest dungeons to get in a roulette if you know how to do it and have at least one dps capable of aoeing.

It just feels like a slog, even when you're sprinting your way through a sub-12 minute run.

Did a 9 min witb 2 melee dps, all random. Toss a ranged dps and I get 8 min clears.

Totorak is one of the fastest leveling dungeons with Sastasha and Tam Tara, even if it doesn't feel like it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Olesh posted:

Make sure you tell your people to stay standing a little closer to the boss than normal so nobody's dodging heals. We noticed (through Oopsyraidy) that we consistently had people getting missed by one healer or the other when everybody was hanging out at max melee, and those missed heals eventually accumulate into deaths, so we revised the strategy to have everyone stay a step or two closer - just inside the boss's hitbox, really - and the problem largely went away. The other thing is to make sure that people don't hang out on the periphery after breaking their tether and come back in where AOE heals will reach them.

We did change that. We just had a 3% wipe during the second curtain call. So loving close. I hope we get it this next pull.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Also if you have a newbie in Toto-rak the final boss cutscene might take longer than the dungeon

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
gently caress YOU DRACULA

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Grats get that coffer

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Another good screenshot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Arist posted:

If it's still in its own roulette then they're going to need to make the rewards pretty major to incentivize running it at all.

Curious to see how the rewards would compare on the trial vs the two dungeons. Also just curious about that dungeon rebalance in general since cutting it down to 4 means people won't be able to sleep as much either.