Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Note to self: never join a band with Pat Smear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

:goonsay: That’s clearly a German Panther tank from WWII.

That aside, I wish it was real cause I’d totally get it :utruck:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fartknocker posted:

:goonsay: That’s clearly a German Panther tank from WWII.

That aside, I wish it was real cause I’d totally get it :utruck:

I only identify tanks from playing World of Tanks years ago, which reminds me that a tractor is also a newbie tank.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Got a Pastrami on the smoker :clint:

Also just started putting seeds into the grow chamber to germinate for the garden

And finishing up some CAM to do another test run of a bass guitar body on my CNC router

And my new racing wheel/pedals for GT7 are getting delivered earlier than expected today

Pretty satisfying Saturday so far, and it's not even noon yet!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Rectal Placenta posted:

And my new racing wheel/pedals for GT7 are getting delivered earlier than expected today

Hell yeah. GT7 is so great.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Bird in a Blender posted:

Congrats on the property ownership everyone.

:mad:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

a sexual elk posted:

My little pup, Isla, just hit 2 and bless her having to deal with a couple young rear end kids playing with her
Her a year ago

Her 70lb fatass today after killing a couple rats and chasing coyotes down

You claim this dog is half lab half greyhound?

I would enjoy full body pics and action videos if you have any.

That sounds like a heck of a combo.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Triple post time:

Y'all got recommendations for multiplayer pc games with relatively low barriers (price + technical requirements) to entry?

Looking for chill online time with friends while in voice chat with them.

Free to play stuff is good - like Heroes of the storm
Low technical barrier to play stuff is good - like Stardew Valley
Stuff that isn't super "twitchty" skill based is good - so want to avoid stuff like FPSs

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Triple post time:

Y'all got recommendations for multiplayer pc games with relatively low barriers (price + technical requirements) to entry?

Stuff that isn't super "twitchty" skill based is good - so want to avoid stuff like FPSs

Valorant is fun to play with friends but it can be twitchy (it's CSGO with powered characters). Max players: 5 per friend group
World of Warships is really fun to play, especially with friends, isn't twitchy at all, but it is the grindiest of grinds especially at the higher tiers. Max players: 3 per friend group
Starcraft 2 is free but it really depends if you're playing co-op (2 players) or if you're doing custom maps and stuff like that. It still holds up though. I used to play ladder in this but these days it's my favorite co-op game.

These games are all FREE and are either old (WoWs, SC2) or don't have high tech requirements (Valorant). All have a decent-to-large player base if you decide to play alone too.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Mar 26, 2022

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Starcraft 2 is free but it really depends if you're playing co-op (2 players) or if you're doing custom maps and stuff like that. It still holds up though. I used to play ladder in this but these days it's my favorite co-op game.

Ha this seems like the twitchiest thing in the world to me, but only since I tried (very badly) to ladder way back when. I did the whole clicking on nothing as fast as I could to try to warm my fingers up and everything. I was horrible at it.

But if you're going Blizzard I remember Ehud still played Diablo 3 seasons with his brother before he left us. Not a recommendation from me since I have no idea how it is in co-op but a recommendation from someone who rarely led me wrong. I can say it's definitely less skill based than SC2 though.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

You claim this dog is half lab half greyhound?

I would enjoy full body pics and action videos if you have any.

That sounds like a heck of a combo.

Don’t have a lot on my phone atm that isn’t her curled up in a ball with one of the kids, so here’s a bit of an older pic before she got lab fat

She’s just so dark haha

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

Ha this seems like the twitchiest thing in the world to me, but only since I tried (very badly) to ladder way back when. I did the whole clicking on nothing as fast as I could to try to warm my fingers up and everything. I was horrible at it.

But if you're going Blizzard I remember Ehud still played Diablo 3 seasons with his brother before he left us. Not a recommendation from me since I have no idea how it is in co-op but a recommendation from someone who rarely led me wrong. I can say it's definitely less skill based than SC2 though.

Co-op is super chill and so are the custom map modes, and playing like 4 player FFA or 2v2s is always a hoot with friends. 1v1 ladder is super twitchy for sure at the higher levels but honestly you can get pretty far being methodical with your APM. But I am definitely not recommending the 1v1 part of the game to a dude who asked about playing with friends lol

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Triple post time:

It's an FPS but the Borderland series has always been my friend group's go-to for games to play while hanging on chat.

You looking at PC or any specific platform? Cross-play?

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Triple post time:

General Dog set up a weekly Jackbox night early in the pandemic and it’s still goin. One person downloads the game and streams it, and everyone else joins via a web browser. They’re about $10-$20 if you buy the Steam codes from Jackboxgames.com right now. I’d recommend 7, it’s got Quiplash 3, Champed Up and Blather Round, all top tier games.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022

Triple post time:

I mostly play rocket league. The discord is good people.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Triple post time:

Here's some rec's

Terraria is like 2D mine craft that has a lot more boss fights. Tons of mod support that expand it.

Don't Starve Together, survival game with cool art style

Payday 2: Heist game while you endlessly kill waves from the elemental plane of cops

Deep Rock Galactic: Left 4 Dead but you are space dwarves mining asteroids while alien bugs try to eat you

Vermintide 1 & 2: Left 4 Dead but you kill ratmen in Warhammer fantasy

For the King: Sort of playing a rpg it's hard to describe but basically play like a dnd table top strat game? It's really good though

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Diablo 2 remaster is still fun

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

LeeMajors posted:

Hell yeah. GT7 is so great.

I took advantage of that script to get free credits by running the same course over and over again and now I'm sitting on 13mil credits and have no idea what to buy!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Its Rinaldo posted:

For the King: Sort of playing a rpg it's hard to describe but basically play like a dnd table top strat game? It's really good though

I started playing it as my "I have 15 minutes to kill" game but ended up bouncing off of it. There are too many player-unfriendly mechanics. Like the lairs with bosses in them that add annoying bullshit. Better than half the time these are all the way across the map from where you are and you have to drop everything or be willing to play with some stupid mechanic like being unable to see chunks of the map, or unable to tell what monsters are on the board. The kraken is a lovely mechanic that punishes players for no real reason. Oh, spent a bunch of gold on a boat? Nah, here, have an unbeatable boss that destroys it in three turns and leaves you washed up on shore on the other side of the map nowhere near your objectives.

I can see the potential in a D&D-like but it's like it was designed by a bad DM.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Yowza. How do you Cali people do this?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Silly Burrito posted:

You can clearly play to win according to the sign. Just gotta stare down the gas pump and stand on your bluff.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

It's more afraid of you than you are of it

This is a lie

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

EmbryoSteve posted:

Diablo 2 remaster is still fun

It is but turn on the original graphics and you will turn to dust as you are reminded how unrelenting the march of time is

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Silly Burrito posted:

I wish it was that cheap! It's like 6.29 at the station around the corner lol

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
For quick multiplayer my friend and I have been having fun with Rounds. Basic looking 2d shooter where the loser of every round gets to choose a power up. Leads to some truly nuts combinations. It's simple but often hilarious fun.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Hot Diggity! posted:

It's an FPS but the Borderland series has always been my friend group's go-to for games to play while hanging on chat.

You looking at PC or any specific platform? Cross-play?

Man I love those, though I haven’t yet bothered with Borderlands 3 or the the new Tiny Tina’s release, I made the highly inadvisable decision to do coop with my child who is far too young for it but we had a blast. My understanding is the Pre-Sequel wasn’t as well received as the others which is super disappointing for me, the Space Australia setting was amazing, I’ll hang with bogans with jet packs any day of the week

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Nah TPS rocks and has best classes in the series, just got the gunslinger to 50 and baroness to 40

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Woof, occasionally I forget why I always stop reading the F1 thread and am always reminded almost immediately when I wade back in. The non-stop one-upping ironic poo poo-posts are extremely cringe and grating but lol at posters tripping over themselves to barge into the thread in an attempt to totally own other posters that are mildly concerned for someone’s safety after slamming into a concrete wall at triple digit speeds and disintegrating their car on impact :jerkbag:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

T-Square posted:

Woof, occasionally I forget why I always stop reading the F1 thread and am always reminded almost immediately when I wade back in. The non-stop one-upping ironic poo poo-posts are extremely cringe and grating but lol at posters tripping over themselves to barge into the thread in an attempt to totally own other posters that are mildly concerned for someone’s safety after slamming into a concrete wall at triple digit speeds and disintegrating their car on impact :jerkbag:

yeah it's absolutely the worst thread on the forum lol

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

My father worked the Paddock Club at European F1 races for a few years and I managed to tag a long sometimes as a young teenager. I expect it is a bit too serious now but the poo poo going down with teams prancing each over and the FIA having to chastise them like naughty school boys was super amusing.

The big one was when a BAR mechanic stole a tire track from the Minardi team.one night and out a radio controlled motor onto the rear wheels that was a solid axel then put it back. Next day when they were trying to love the tires before practice he was moving it around when they were not looking and eventually had to going off down the pit lane with the tire guy chasing it.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I wish it was that cheap! It's like 6.29 at the station around the corner lol

And here I am bitching about 3.99 at home.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

BigPaddy posted:

My father worked the Paddock Club at European F1 races for a few years and I managed to tag a long sometimes as a young teenager. I expect it is a bit too serious now but the poo poo going down with teams prancing each over and the FIA having to chastise them like naughty school boys was super amusing.

The big one was when a BAR mechanic stole a tire track from the Minardi team.one night and out a radio controlled motor onto the rear wheels that was a solid axel then put it back. Next day when they were trying to love the tires before practice he was moving it around when they were not looking and eventually had to going off down the pit lane with the tire guy chasing it.

That’s hilarious, one of my favorite things about F1 now is the young guys coming in now and horsing around with each other. I really hope Mick is relatively unscathed, I saw that brief clip of him sitting up in the stretcher smiling and laughing and moving his arms about

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Silly Burrito posted:

And here I am bitching about 3.99 at home.

I thought I was lucky paying $3.99 yesterday when I was driving back from family 10 miles away. It’s usually been like $4.40~ish around me lately.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Silly Burrito posted:

Y'know, maybe we're lucky that my wife's car was so infested with mice that they totaled it! :shepface:

Long story short: wife's company went to WFH during Covid. Her car just kinda sat there in the driveway barely being used over the last two years. This year mice thought it'd be a good place to spend the winter. :gonk:

She's petitioning for them to make WFH permanent at this point and yeah I'd rather do that because we clearly do not need a second car.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Triple post time:

Golf with your friends is great for shooting the poo poo video game sessions

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
EV purchase 4 years ago looking better and better

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
It’s amazing how nice public transport can be if the city gives half a drat about it.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

play Civilization against your friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

T-Square posted:

Yeah, the "you can't show concern for someone's well being after a terrifying wreck because the FIA won't let me wear the helmet I want to for amateur kart racing" take was some next level poo poo.