Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Gross. I’m definitely glad pothole filling techniques have advanced since the Amish checked out of the new tech scene

The Amish hate technology but they'll definitely use modern roads, it's a puzzler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

The Amish hate technology but they'll definitely use modern roads, it's a puzzler.

It's not like they have a choice, if they're trying to transit long distances. To my knowledge there aren't alternative horse routes

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Mr. Lobe posted:

It's not like they have a choice, if they're trying to transit long distances. To my knowledge there aren't alternative horse routes

They have this thing called cars, op

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

HashtagGirlboss posted:

They have this thing called cars, op

The Amish? You sure?

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

The rich white people around here insist on taking their horses on hiking trails, which is gross and annoying to always trudge through horse poo poo but they are so rich they rewrote the laws so that horses are allowed on almost every trail and also they have right of way so you're supposed to jump off the trail and yield to the horses. When the density of rich white people gets too high some of them devote their lives to horse law and then you know you're hosed.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
A horse is like a really expensive dog that you can go on walks with while sitting down.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
The Amish try to limit technology as much as possible, not eliminate it. A butter churner is literally technology.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pryor on Fire posted:

The rich white people around here insist on taking their horses on hiking trails, which is gross and annoying to always trudge through horse poo poo but they are so rich they rewrote the laws so that horses are allowed on almost every trail and also they have right of way so you're supposed to jump off the trail and yield to the horses. When the density of rich white people gets too high some of them devote their lives to horse law and then you know you're hosed.

hang a plastic bag off a tree around a blind corner on the trail and the dumbass horses will freak the hell out and throw their rider cause they are freakin idiot cowards

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

horses are the dumbest loving animals

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

people are the dumbest loving animals

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

who rides who, bucko

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Horse poo poo ain't nothing. It's cow poo poo and pig poo poo you want to avoid. Source: I grew up in rural PA.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

who rides who, bucko

:mikepencethunk:

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Pryor on Fire posted:

The horses are more important than you are. You're supposed to clap when they pass. DONT look at them

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

The horses are more important than you are. You're supposed to clap when they pass. DONT look at them

actually you should go further to show your appreciation for being allowed to witness rich people horses.

I suggest handmade crafts.

be sure to toss it on the ground just off the path of the horse so that they don't risk stepping on your pathetic tributes.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Depends on the tack.

If they're riding western tack, they might just be an ordinary person who owns a horse (my mom had horses and probably never made more than 25k/yr in her life).

But if they're riding English tack they're almost certainly a rich gently caress.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Perry Mason Jar posted:

The Amish try to limit technology as much as possible, not eliminate it. A butter churner is literally technology.

loving degenerates

MLK Ultra
Mar 9, 2021

GET TO THE SHELTER MATHMAN

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Imagine not being able to play Elden ring

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Somebody should sic the woke scolds on the Amish, they’re colonizers appropriating a premodern cultural identity while being white as gently caress. It’s like a loving hat trick of no-no’s and no growth

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Somebody should sic the woke scolds on the Amish, they’re colonizers appropriating a premodern cultural identity while being white as gently caress. It’s like a loving hat trick of no-no’s and no growth

Would the Amish know that they were being dragged on Twitter?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Real hurthling! posted:

hang a plastic bag off a tree around a blind corner on the trail and the dumbass horses will freak the hell out and throw their rider cause they are freakin idiot cowards

reported for plotting murder

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Gripweed posted:

Would the Amish know that they were being dragged on Twitter?

Print out a tweet dump and post it to the church doors

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Someone's getting a visit.

https://twitter.com/COweatherman/status/1506782560013103110

https://twitter.com/COweatherman/status/1506811823332409347

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/RyanLarmeuWX/status/1506829947708526604?t=uFfpC-c5YPDjyefbLhKDPw&s=19

https://twitter.com/RyanLarmeuWX/status/1506829954201362435?t=ZSPZfUYD84xm9XKTsnDeJQ&s=19

lol

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
What a weird thing to impersonate. Guess people really are weirdly obsessed with EF rating.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Awww deleted but this guy was talking about how he knew him and the guy had apparently been creepy about going to an Ariana Grande concert

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

this image stimulates something in my brain and I don't know what it is. Please give source.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

zegermans posted:

this image stimulates something in my brain and I don't know what it is. Please give source.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV1PBo2_kKo

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

zegermans posted:

https://youtu.be/-IzLbwCrYN8

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

ow my nostalgia

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

zegermans posted:

ow my nostalgia

Turns out that Mathman was a huge racist, sorry.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

poo poo this took me somewhere

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."
I feel like some mk ultra conditioning just activated in my brain

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
ugh we GET IT you're all FORTY YEARS OLD

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Mola Yam posted:

ugh we GET IT you're all FORTY YEARS OLD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rqZZgVxnCk

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

gonna go to sleep tonight and wake up stuck in a 90s time loop thanks to this

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
It's crazy how you can just watch that whenever you want, no one today remembers the epic struggle to get that commercial on the internet.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

very cool

https://twitter.com/ianbremmer/status/1507711370158129156

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

very cool mild