Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

lmao at calling black pepper spicy

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

It has been [ 0 ] days since the English didn't live up to every embarrassing stereotype about them

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

are the thai like nice to the brits or something? every thai restraunt ive been in in the us was like yo bro we know youre white and this menu is for you the 5 fire is at most a jalenpeno. then you ask for the real menu and the 1 fire will make you poo poo lava.

because the spiciest thai food fucks me up and makes me burp and sweat but i can eat popeyes spicy chicken sandwhich in my sleep.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

snergle posted:

i can eat popeyes spicy chicken sandwhich in my sleep.

Seems like a choking hazard tbh

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

snergle posted:

are the thai like nice to the brits or something? every thai restraunt ive been in in the us was like yo bro we know youre white and this menu is for you the 5 fire is at most a jalenpeno. then you ask for the real menu and the 1 fire will make you poo poo lava.

because the spiciest thai food fucks me up and makes me burp and sweat but i can eat popeyes spicy chicken sandwhich in my sleep.

I lived in South Philly, dead center of Little Cambodia right by the temple.

1 mile in any direction from my house there were 50 different Thai, Cambodian, or Vietnamese restaurants and after a few months the grandmas all loved me because I'd sit in my booth dying of pain because I always ordered from the real menu instead of the farang menu and they'd always be so mockingly sweet like "you ok???" *huge smile*

And of course I was a short walk from John's Roast Pork and Tony Luke's, and a 5 minute cab from Chinatown. Every day you could just wake up, start day drinking, eat the best food in the world, and go make pro athletes cry at a Phillies game. Philly is belligerent fat guy Valhalla.

God, I loving miss living there.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

The tweets are jokes, loving hell people

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Poe's Law and irony poisoning are things, and our demographic isn't exactly what you'd call "quick on the uptake." We've all had our moments.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I work I could broadcast this like an admin because half my bookmarks are poisoned with some sort of gullibility field. What is happening? Is today National Take Memes at Face Value Day? People are getting really upset!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

mind the walrus posted:

Poe's Law and irony poisoning are things, and our demographic isn't exactly what you'd call "quick on the uptake." We've all had our moments.

I've seen white Australians blanch at the spiciness of butter chicken, so someone viewing ketchup as spicy honestly doesn't seem that far-fetched.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Inceltown posted:

Soy un perdedor
I'm Hozier baby

So why don't you kill me

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

The Anime Liker posted:

1 mile in any direction from my house there were 50 different Thai, Cambodian, or Vietnamese restaurants and after a few months the grandmas all loved me because I'd sit in my booth dying of pain because I always ordered from the real menu instead of the farang menu and they'd always be so mockingly sweet like "you ok???" *huge smile*

And of course I was a short walk from John's Roast Pork and Tony Luke's, and a 5 minute cab from Chinatown. Every day you could just wake up, start day drinking, eat the best food in the world, and go make pro athletes cry at a Phillies game. Philly is belligerent fat guy Valhalla.

Which temple, the Buddhist temple at like 11th and Washington?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Baron von Eevl posted:

The 6th and Ritner Buddhist temple

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

She can't be serious right? I refuse to believe she actually stashed a man in her trunk just so he could do this during her show.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

The Anime Liker posted:

You expect me to believe the Norse afterlife of Valhalla is in downtown Philadelphia? No, that mall is closed, sir.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Soul Dentist posted:

You expect me to believe the Norse afterlife of Valhalla is in downtown Philadelphia? No, that mall is closed, sir.

I'd hardly call The Gallery valhalla, but Bella Vista isn't that far off.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Soul Dentist posted:

Citizens Bank Park isn't downtown. It's in the far south by the airport.

Go Phils.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
A bank? for citizens? In A Park?! My heavens

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

The Anime Liker posted:

I am duty bound to see say, "Go Birds."

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Goons fail to identify an obvious joke yet again.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

RoastBeef posted:

https://twitter.com/RussoMichael15/status/955477857110773761?s=20&t=UTAQN3lBXDEByU65Zm_XUg

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Paladinus posted:

Goons fail to identify an obvious joke yet again.
Sir, your monitor is unplugged.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

RoastBeef posted:

gently caress the Cowboys

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

I'm a Saints fan (sorry Philly, I lived in NOLA first) but I can't argue with his logic.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

The Anime Liker posted:

I'm a Saints fan (sorry Philly, I lived in NOLA first) but I can't argue with his logic.

I'm not a huge sports fan but a crowd chanting "Who dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints?" will always get me riled up.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

The Anime Liker posted:

Aren't the Saints from Utah or has Kate Bush lied to me? What the gently caress is it with the Bush family and world breaking lies?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Utah Saints are a thing but they're not a sports team.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

ultrafilter posted:

Utah Saints are a thing but they're not a sports team.

I knew that something good was going to happen

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

credburn posted:

Can someone break down what this is about? I don't use Twitter and I'm having trouble following the sequence of events or who is involved...?

The bass player for the chipmunks stole a girl* from a guy named Hozier?

*I mean, that's kind of a regressive way to put it, but I think that's how it's meant to be read?

After proposing he's going to take her to church.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Cartoon Man posted:

Popeyes owns

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

A: Popeyes actually, like marinates their chicken in spices so it's good and poo poo
B: Popeyes employees are masters of giving you not the order you asked for, but the order you NEED. You will rarely get what you want at Popeyes, but trust in the gentle wisdom of the Popeteers.

C:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwXXzyiCvOY

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
my mom very seriously believes the spicy chicken at popeyes is too spicy so yeah, i can see that first guy being genuine. the black pepper guy is a pisstake for sure though.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Baron von Eevl posted:

Believe it or not, that was a Burger King, then a dim sum joint. This is its final form.

George's Roast Pork is top-tier. Why is the best food always near the railroad tracks?

RoastBeef posted:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

fartknocker posted:

gently caress the Cowboys
Don't mind if I do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X9tBHX_Fl4

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

snergle posted:

As much as there is to mock about the country, an English lad will to their credit gravitate to the spiciest thing on the menu and try to eat it without complaint, regardless of the wisdom or sanity of that decision. This isn't middle America WASP country. Curry is the nation dish. We had a guy go temporarily blind near me during a curry contest due to sensory overload.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Exhibit A at the divorce proceedings

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

Milo and POTUS posted:

Exhibit A at the murder trial.

FIFY

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Yeah, I was going to say...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard