Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Put it in the CD slot.

I said the chips WERE salt and vinegar

e: of all the

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOO1mWLGhh8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Ugh I had some extremely sub-par fish and chips for dinner and I’m not doing so well now.

I have been feeling like poo poo when I touch the seltzers lately so for the third day in a row I'm back in bed reading instead of my usual weekend gaming with the boys. Good and bad, not drinking is good, not getting any social interaction in is Bad

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I have been feeling like poo poo when I touch the seltzers lately so for the third day in a row I'm back in bed reading instead of my usual weekend gaming with the boys. Good and bad, not drinking is good, not getting any social interaction in is Bad

It's gaming with the boys what you call jacking off

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
it does mean it's time to watch a Good Movie of some kind but I'll have to ponder what movie for several hours MINUNUM

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Big Beef City posted:

It's gaming with the boys what you call jacking off

sometimes we watch foreign food and cooking videos, on YouTube, for hours. that's kind of like jacking off

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

AARD VARKMAN posted:

it does mean it's time to watch a Good Movie of some kind but I'll have to ponder what movie for several hours MINUNUM

Watch one of the original Zatoichi films from the criterion collection.
Zatoichi's Revenge is good.
Zatoichi vs Yojimbo is ok too.
They're all good in their own ways.

Zatoichi the blind swordsman is the first and best maybe plus explains it all

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Mar 27, 2022

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Big Beef City posted:

Watch one of the original Zatoichi films from the criterion collection.
Zatoichi's Revenge is good.
Zatoichi vs Yojimbo is ok too.
They're all good in their own ways.

Zatoichi the blind swordsman is the first and best maybe plus explains it all

I already watched my quota of old movies this week by seeing the remake of Nightmare Alley sorry

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I already watched my quota of old movies this week by seeing the remake of Nightmare Alley sorry

Try watching a good one like I suggest

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I’m going Back on The Wagon starting Monday. The boozing and lovely eating is catching up with me, mostly the lovely eating since I don’t really drink too much during the week anymore.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Salmon sashimi and rice today, since we're talking about dinner. There's a Norwegian company that does "pack and cool within an hour of catching" salmon, and somehow the director is now the richest guy in the country. At least the salmon is good?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Computer viking posted:

Salmon sashimi and rice today, since we're talking about dinner. There's a Norwegian company that does "pack and cool within an hour of catching" salmon, and somehow the director is now the richest guy in the country. At least the salmon is good?

Even richer than some oil executive?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Zil posted:

Actuallyヾ(・ω・*) salmon are quite oily

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Athat text smiley was a typo from the "smiley face" keyboard I keep hitting on accident but it worked really well in that post

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Athat text smiley was a typo from the "smiley face" keyboard I keep hitting on accident but it worked really well in that post

Aw, I thought you had made it especially for me.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
If you're going to use :goonsay: but you're saying something that an adorable bear would tell you I recommend using ヾ(・ω・*)

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I never will

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Zil posted:

The oil fields here are mostly run by foreign companies (the usual suspects) or Equinor (formerly Statoil). The latter is state-owned, and has fairly moderate wages - the CEO earns something like $1 million/year. So while there's a lot of money in the oil industry - and they pay a fantastic amount of taxes - it hasn't really made that many Norwegians stupidly rich.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Big Beef City posted:

I never will

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
ヾ(・ω・*) if you have an ornery BBC that refuses to do what you want, just give him a few whacks

ヾヾヾ just like that right along the side of his head until he does what you tell him

ヾ(・ω・*)ノ great job!

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Computer viking posted:

The oil fields here are mostly run by foreign companies (the usual suspects) or Equinor (formerly Statoil). The latter is state-owned, and has fairly moderate wages - the CEO earns something like $1 million/year. So while there's a lot of money in the oil industry - and they pay a fantastic amount of taxes - it hasn't really made that many Norwegians stupidly rich.

So what do your country's immigration laws look like...

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
<(' ' <) ^(' o ')^ (> ' ')>

Kirby dance lol remember this poo poo

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Ah, let me correct that; I was not entirely right.

What I was thinking about is that the son in the father & son team that runs it was Norway's youngest NOK-billionaire (so roughly USD 100-millionaire) for a while. His dad is also fifth on the top richest Norwegians list; the four people ahead of him run a shipping company, a hedge fund, and two grocery store chains.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

AARD VARKMAN posted:

ヾ(・ω・*) if you have an ornery BBC that refuses to do what you want, just give him a few whacks

ヾヾヾ just like that right along the side of his head until he does what you tell him

ヾ(・ω・*)ノ great job!

Gonna stuff that pig up your *

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

AARD VARKMAN posted:

ヾ(・ω・*)ノ great job!

he's gonna be so mad

e: ^^^ see!!

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Zil posted:

So what do your country's immigration laws look like...

Well, if you're from an EU/EEC country you can just move here. I think you can apply for citizenship after some number of years and a language test?

Otherwise, you basically need to have a job offer in some sort of skilled position, or marry a local.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
https://twitter.com/JohnDiesattheEn/status/1507763197469765634?t=TtwTEeOF5RmYKcFR1dnP8A&s=19

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

Treecko posted:

<(' ' <) ^(' o ')^ (> ' ')>

Kirby dance lol remember this poo poo

i got banned from a starcraft lobby once for posting this

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

heeeeeeeeeeeeeegh :kimchi: :kimchi: :kimchi:

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Watch poltergeist 3.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
¯\_(ツ)_¯

"you dropped this / lol"

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

This dude has places to be

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Attenborough voice: "Here you can see... The Thompson's Bussing Goose's work is never done. Adeptly moving from one table to the next. Hurrying, first this way, then that. The Thompson's Bussing Goose can bus a table faster than any other creature in Nature. A TRULY remarkable feat, and one...rarely seen on film."

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

made chicken tacos and home made salsa

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Damnit Sid I just ate and now I want tacos.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

I have vegan chicken again!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
been super cold all night despite the normal thermostat setting so I'm under like 4 blankets and Bonesaw is now laying on top of that so I'm warm finally but now it's making me fall asleep but it ain't even 9 yet

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

AARD VARKMAN posted:

been super cold all night despite the normal thermostat setting so I'm under like 4 blankets and Bonesaw is now laying on top of that so I'm warm finally but now it's making me fall asleep but it ain't even 9 yet

this is why you're lucky to have bonesaw there, ready to shove a piss soaked paw into your mouth at the first hint of sleep

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Bonesaw is such a good name for a pet

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
All my cats have hippy names.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag