Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Mr. Nice! posted:

gently caress YOU DRACULA

What is that white coat on the right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

Mr. Nice! posted:

gently caress YOU DRACULA

dumb nerd vampire should've kept his glasses on

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

HackensackBackpack posted:

What is that white coat on the right?

Just asked my dude Garmr. It's the scholar 90 AF jacket dyed white, so unless you're a scholar you're SOL.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I don't know if it's all the mount and triad card grinding but I am suddenly overcome with the desire to make a nice glam.

One A+ aspect of this game is not having to touch any type of content if you don't want to. I feel like I'm on a rolling 2 week cycle of getting into something, getting a bit tired of it and doing something totally different.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Mr. Nice! posted:

Just asked my dude Garmr. It's the scholar 90 AF jacket dyed white, so unless you're a scholar you're SOL.

It's criminal that such a good outfit is on a job I don't care to play at all.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Mr. Nice! posted:

Thanks! Fortunately, I have SMN that high, so I can theoretically glam myself in that as SCH (which I used to finish the role quest) but I have literally zero clue how to actually play it.

But hey, glams is glams.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

How much heads up do we get for a patch dropping? I've been going at the mogtome event kinda slowly just doing MSQR and getting lucky with the other roulettes and wondering if I should speed it up.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Current release window is "mid-april" and we should get a definite date at least the Tuesday(-ish) before if memory serves.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Isn't the next live letter April 1st? We'll probably get a date then.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

With the live letter being April 1st, If everything is normal the patch will be on the 12th.

Theoretically 6.11 with ultimate will be the 26th.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
I've found hitting MSQR and Frontline, which I do regularly anyway for the fat XP, has given me plenty of mogtomes. No need to do a dedicated grind, thank God. I've got the mameshiba earrings and a chunk of tomes past that and the patch date isn't even announced yet.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

aers posted:

With the live letter being April 1st, If everything is normal the patch will be on the 12th.

Theoretically 6.11 with ultimate will be the 26th.

I'm assuming it will be normal because Yoshida said in the last live letter that if they announced when the next one was, people would know the release date of the patch.

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

No one can hide anything from me.
Your heart is in plain sight to me.

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm assuming it will be normal because Yoshida said in the last live letter that if they announced when the next one was, people would know the release date of the patch.

I honestly can't remember the last time they deviated from this schedule so that seems pretty right.

Also, I've been using SCH in dungeons and I STG putting a mega shield on the entire party (Tanks get the cauterized) feels loving amazing. Nothing like putting on Fey illumination + Protraction + Dissipation and throwing a critlo to your entire party to just be able to spend the next 30-40 seconds spamming the AOE damage because the tanks got almost their entire health bar in shields + you can take 2 aoe hits for free so you don't even need to get out of AOEs.

I haven't loved SCH this much in awhile.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I love how for endwalker AF gear they remembered that SCH is supposed to be a battle tactician rather than a teacher

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

the best part of alliance raids is that most arenas are so big ranged dps actually manage the mythical feat of standing outside of earthly star

i should be allowed to vote-kick them mid-fight frankly

RME
Feb 20, 2012

I’ve seen the damage meters, most of them have basically votekicked themselves

Chomposaur
Feb 28, 2010

a cartoon duck posted:

the best part of alliance raids is that most arenas are so big ranged dps actually manage the mythical feat of standing outside of earthly star

In Earthly Star related news I had my first ever instance of a tank going on a rant about how he's the only one allowed to pull because my earthly star nabbed the next pack. He grabbed the first trash pack and the solo dude in the hallway after the first boss in the 77 dungeon and then came to a screeching halt five steps away from the final trash pack, rip

The weird part is he seemed to be a fine tank, he apparently just had some complex about the exact amount of mobs he was willing to pull. Also he and his DPS buddy took obnoxiously long pauses a few times afterwards to try to bait me into pulling or something lol

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

a cartoon duck posted:

Having been leveling Sage with its 15y radius centered around myself for basically all its AoE cures, I am really starting to get pissed off at these ranged DPS who stand off in the next county from the rest of the party. Its especially fun when two of them do it in opposite directions.

I always used to try to stick close to the action playing my own ranged DPS cause I like Not Dying, but I didn't realize it could be that bad. Sheesh.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
As healer I've started hanging out on the boss flanks to catch tanks and melee DPS in heals without being exposed to so many attacks.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

When I'm playing ranged I'll move way out when I know targeted AoEs are coming out (because I don't trust everybody else to spread/place efficiently), but that's about the only time I do.

Yeah, I see 10 of you eating poo poo to poorly placed Lighter Notes over there, I'm just chilling off to the side and continuing to be alive.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Yeah you don't have to stand in one big personal space violating pile, but at least stick within healing range. You don't need to stand on the edge of the arena, Mister Bard, and don't complain that I wasn't healing you when you died. I'm out of adderstones and have no OGCD single target heals to fix your rear end cause I've been burning them on tankbusters and AoE heals/shields, which you weren't standing in.

I had a bad time recently in roulette, can you tell?

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Chomposaur posted:

In Earthly Star related news I had my first ever instance of a tank going on a rant about how he's the only one allowed to pull because my earthly star nabbed the next pack. He grabbed the first trash pack and the solo dude in the hallway after the first boss in the 77 dungeon and then came to a screeching halt five steps away from the final trash pack, rip

The weird part is he seemed to be a fine tank, he apparently just had some complex about the exact amount of mobs he was willing to pull. Also he and his DPS buddy took obnoxiously long pauses a few times afterwards to try to bait me into pulling or something lol

He can’t be a fine tank if there was another pack for your star to pull

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
When I’m playing ranged dps especially in ADR, I’m constantly moving. I’m usually circling the boss or whatnot because it’s fun. Sometimes I’ll go do circles around the healer.

I also use my personal heals and shields to keep myself up and come in for big hits, but I don’t play dancer to sit still!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I had a big breakdown of those pulls, and only just now realized you said 77 not 87, which happens to have a hallway after the first boss that makes a pull slightly riskier than usual. Don't have 77 memorized nearly as well to comment.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If you want to move I recommend playing melee, who have moving as a core part of their rotation

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Something like 80% of the time I notice somebody getting hit by an easily avoidable mechanic that just requires you to move out of the way, it's a physical ranged DPS.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

"secretly"

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Do I get a hamsa mount for real at some point?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

sirtommygunn posted:

Imagine I posted the "wizards: no sense of right and wrong" comic but it's Amon

Not sure how to tag this spoiler without giving away what I'm spoiling so all I'll just say is AW SON OF A BITCH

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Theres no Hamsa mount yet but you can buy a Dodo off the market board which is the same model but darker colors (or find your own in Heaven on High)

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Electric Phantasm posted:

The dodo mount uses the same model; it's a rare drop from the chests you can get in the high floors of Heaven on High. The dodo horn goes for ~5 million gil on Primal market boards.

There's a chance the hamsa mount will be a reputation reward from the upcoming tribe quests in 6.15.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Countblanc posted:

Theres no Hamsa mount yet but you can buy a Dodo off the market board which is the same model but darker colors (or find your own in Heaven on High)

I'll take a Dodo

iPodschun posted:

The dodo mount uses the same model; it's a rare drop from the chests you can get in the high floors of Heaven on High. The dodo horn goes for ~5 million gil on Primal market boards.

There's a chance the hamsa mount will be a reputation reward from the upcoming tribe quests in 6.15.

~8 million on Crystal's boards :(

I'll try my luck with HoH thanks you two!

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I got Suzaku on roulette today and using earthly star on p2 after months of ease was torture 😭

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Macaluso posted:

"secretly"

Secretly, as in not in her presence, because she will murder you.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Tamba posted:

Secretly, as in not in her presence, because she will murder you.

Oh HELL yeah

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

You know the boss you're tanking has a cleave tankbuster. Suddenly, you notice that the sprout black mage has planted their leylines right behind you. Do you:

A) say something
B) swivel the boss
C) AFK to try and make some quick popcorn

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
If it's a sprout, try to turn the boss in a safe direction (usually there's no safe direction).

C) for everyone else.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

let em learn imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

After several days of trying to make something readable, the Heavensward LP finally covers Astrologian, AS WAS FORETOLD BY THE PROPHECY!