Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ja_raul
May 1, 2005
I predict at some point this season a car will go airborne as a result of porpoising, and Vettel will retire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

ja_raul posted:

I predict at some point this season a car will go airborne as a result of porpoising, and Vettel will retire.

:toxx: for it :)

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Where's the Checo pole onboard?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuEVPpqL4CY

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Checo WDC 2022
Glad Mick is safe
Lmao Ferrari
Lmao Lewis, give 6 of your titles to the car, you fraud
Max petulance growing every race and I love it
Still believe in McLaren

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

the sort of lap you expect from the world champion of 2022, Sergio "Checo" Perez.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
*Barges into the thread wheezing after getting back from Finland* SIR poois shamilton :smuggo:

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

In my mind the 4 hour meeting last night switched from concern about missiles to the drivers discussing how dog-poo poo this "city circuit" track is with impossible narrow barriers built in the middle of a loving desert...

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/HaasF1Team/status/1507816847328034817?t=z_utd89xjk6aJqOBUV6bhg&s=19

Only one Haas tomorrow

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
"It's just a short ambulance ride to the hospital if the single medical helicopter is already in the air right?"

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

shyduck posted:

Only one Haas tomorrow

So no real change from last season then.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Lewis saying he opted into a setup change between P3 and quali... bad choice I guess

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Get hosed max also. Lewis out in Q3, max loving up. Age of Checo is upon us.

what a strange season

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Lewis very cleverly avoiding the 7-car first lap pileup by starting in the pit lane

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Mick out of hospital, all okay.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Cimber posted:

This track just loving sucks. Blind corners, no room for any mistakes or you are hitting a barrier, not even pads.
I was wondering how a track could be worse than Yas, but I looked it up and I guess Carsten is somehow even shittier than his dad.

How the gently caress is one Y chromosome allowed to ruin a huge chunk of motorsport?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Thanks Ants posted:

Lewis very cleverly avoiding the 7-car first lap pileup by starting in the pit lane

It would have been a Mick 1st Lewis 2nd, everyone else DNF, but Mick put too much into making his crash look real.

punissuer
Nov 6, 2009
lmao the north jeddah bulk plant that got attacked is closer than the airport they flew mick to

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
No big stupid runoffs, the saudi sling, mercedes backmarkers, nonzero chance of a ballistic missile strike during the race. gently caress the haters, this track has it all. shame about the human rights violations

acidx fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Mar 27, 2022

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

EoRaptor posted:

Mick out of hospital, all okay.

sind mick uber alles

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

punissuer posted:

lmao the north jeddah bulk plant that got attacked is closer than the airport they flew mick to

we're going racing

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I wonder what lap the Red Bulls will give out on tomorrow

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
How many more crashes at that same S turn tomorrow? Gotta be 2 more at least.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Thanks Ants posted:

I hope it's on the formation lap

Crameltonian
Mar 27, 2010
Lance Stroll driver of the day

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Thanks Ants posted:

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Thanks Ants posted:

Did they ever figure out exactly what caused the dual engine failures last week?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

MrMojok posted:

Did they ever figure out exactly what caused the dual engine failures last week?

They said vacuum in the fuel system but I find that hard to believe given that the introduction of high pressure fuel systems as virtually eliminated such an issue. You'd have to have an obstruction on the fuel tank relief valves which I think would be a huge safety concern if that did occur and the FIA has been completely silent on the whole thing

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
I bet the fuel pickup didn’t go all the way to the bottom of the tank

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Red Bull were cheating and it broke something

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

I hope this race is uneventful with anyone but Max* winning and everyone can leave this shithole and never return

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Finally, some Show & Tell action https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVKmUjccgb8

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

net work error posted:

I hope it's on the formation lap

Don't wish violence on the good lads at red bull, tia

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Update:

I'm using https://www.unlocator.com to stream Linux ISOs from the BBC. Happy to report that Jeremy, James, and Hammond are coming through in their original, unedited form, albeit with some occasional streaming/buffering issues.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/3/26/yemens-houthis-announce-three-day-ceasefire-after-saudi-attacks

I guess the Houthi's figured the race was dangerous enough without rockets and called a cease-fire.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Carteret posted:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/3/26/yemens-houthis-announce-three-day-ceasefire-after-saudi-attacks

I guess the Houthi's figured the race was dangerous enough without rockets and called a cease-fire.

Wow formula 1 is bringing peace to the world

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

italian quid posted:

The hand wringing over safety in F1 when they get given everything and the every man racing gets gently caress all attention is horrendous and my eyes roll into the back of my head every time people react like this over an F1 crash.

Catching up late late late but this

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Make that curb a sausage curb so people don’t gently caress with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Russian Bear posted:

Make that curb a sausage curb so people don’t gently caress with it.

And do it after three practice sessions and three qualifying sessions and right before the race.