Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

A Musk based search engine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

pixaal posted:

GOOG is splitting, you buy before the split.

Or is this a joke about TSLA and GOOG merging and I'm assuming wrong word usage.

The latter. I'm really bored and waiting in the food line at costco lol

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

GOOG or GOOGL?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

numberoneposter posted:

GOOG or GOOGL?

effectively the same*

*for you, if you do care about the difference then okay do that most people wont.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Average Bear posted:

Make a few gs off spy calls

Update: lost everything

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
That's dailys for ya, next week starts on monday

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

NDRA trading 0.06 above book value

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Hadlock posted:

NDRA trading 0.06 above book value

Be careful, you're looking at stale numbers from last September. The company has torched a few million dollars and probably sold more shares since then.

Frequent Handies
Nov 26, 2006

:yum:

Every time I read this thread I'm amazed folks buy shares of things. Why bother trading the derivative instead of the underlying?

Pastrami
May 27, 2004
Fear the Lunch Meat

Frequent Handies posted:

Every time I read this thread I'm amazed folks buy shares of things. Why bother trading the derivative instead of the underlying?

Your second sentence seems to contradict the first. Are you asking why trade options or why trade shares?

Frequent Handies
Nov 26, 2006

Pastrami posted:

Your second sentence seems to contradict the first. Are you asking why trade options or why trade shares?

Shares. Trade the underlying, options.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Frequent Handies posted:

Leverage

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

By order of least to most fundamental

stocks < bonds < commodity futures < cash < produce/grain < drinking water < options

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

What about index futures and how fundamental are my /ES 5000c ?

As they are theoreticallets go with Z22 series.

jawbroken
Aug 13, 2007

messmate king

Frequent Handies posted:

You have this backwards.

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

jawbroken posted:

You have this backwards.

I just gave up responding to that guy and had a knee slapping sarcastic post typed up that I deleted instead.

Pastrami
May 27, 2004
Fear the Lunch Meat

Frequent Handies posted:

This is the way

Frequent Handies
Nov 26, 2006

jawbroken posted:

You have this backwards.

No, that's effectively a boomer argument now. A stock which is bought at some price is just a collapse of the underlying probability spread at that point in time. They're fractional options contracts.

Inner Light posted:

I just gave up responding to that guy and had a knee slapping sarcastic post typed up that I deleted instead.

Aww, why? I don't even post that much how could you possibly be exhausted already?

Ola posted:

By order of least to most fundamental

stocks < bonds < commodity futures < cash < produce/grain < drinking water < options

I dunno maybe swap cash and commodity futures? Definitely on the right track here though.

Pastrami posted:

This is the way

Even better when you sell the things naked.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
So we are doing like a Time Cube thing, but for stocks now? Cool, cool. That sounds about right for the current market.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
*chuckles*

You mean the chaos emeralds?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

TSLA :woop:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

There are no publicly traded options contracts on NDRA, so I don't really understand what this conversation is hoping to achieve.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Looks like it's a good day to be a meme stock buyer

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

DoubleT2172 posted:

I will not touch the poop again.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I have shares in Schwab's US Large-Cap ETF, how much should I care to spend time voting on their board of directors?

I'm pretty sure all my options will lead to fundamentally the same outcome and I am not some multi-millionaire (or perhaps billionaire) with enough shares to sway the vote anyway. Hell this post is probably even more effort than I should have put into this :v:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

DoubleT2172 posted:

really wish i bought tesla at $420

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

There are no publicly traded options contracts on NDRA, so I don't really understand what this conversation is hoping to achieve.

it’s about being EDGY

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

But hey! It's your periodic reminder that for the true degenerates out there, NDRA has warrants, trading under the ticker NDRAW, struck at $6.25 per share and expiring in about 45 days.

Why, they're even up 60% today!

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

numberoneposter posted:

really wish i bought tesla at $420

Tesla should do quarterly splits / reverse splits to force its price to $420.69

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

DNK posted:

Tesla should do quarterly splits / reverse splits to force its price to $420.69

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I think you mean disperse dividends until it is equal to 420.69 and just never split again.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Tesla should just issue more shares and return all the proceeds to shareholders until they can’t find more buyers

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Sittin' back and admiring the greenery

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
Nice to see the ^VIX below 20 again.

The ability of wars and pandemics to disrupt the economy is insignificant next to the power of the SPY.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Cmon PPPal

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

SoFi is above $10 today... For reasons unknown to me, if you were looking for a way out

Cashed out a bunch of BABA I bought in March 14

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Mar 29, 2022

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
My old friend NAOV received Uroguard approval (in Canada). It can happen!

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Highlights from yesterday's $GOON earnings call...

-Emphasis on European markets (especially Germany, interested in Scandinavia) on the basis of their ability to take on premium pricing, including service plans
-Sales agreement with Vietnam for at least 40 units is dependent on FDA approval (aha!)
-More clinical studies/trials in USA, Europe, and China, allowing prospective customers to talk directly to research heads about MRI vs TAEUS comparisons
-No foreseen supply chain issues since 2021 was spent buying components
-Net loss for 2021 was $11.2 million or $0.28 per share, compared with a net loss for 2020 of $11.7 million or $0.63 per share
-"another clinical sales opportunity exists, targeting endocrinologists who are seeking practical diagnostic tools to assess liver fat and identify patients with NAFLD, which occurs in 80% to 90% of obese adults and in 30% to 50% of patients with Type 2 diabetes"
-Showing off at 10 clinical conferences this year, incuding booth at the French Society of Diabetology Conference last week

Still an unpredictable waiting game before they can actually sell their liver ultrasound scanners, but everything they say gives me enough confidence to cling, cling to my woeful bags.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Space Fish posted:

-Emphasis on European markets (especially Germany, interested in Scandinavia) on the basis of their ability to take on premium pricing, including service plans
-Sales agreement with Vietnam for at least 40 units is dependent on FDA approval (aha!)
-More clinical studies/trials in USA, Europe, and China, allowing prospective customers to talk directly to research heads about MRI vs TAEUS comparisons
-No foreseen supply chain issues since 2021 was spent buying components
-Net loss for 2021 was $11.2 million or $0.28 per share, compared with a net loss for 2020 of $11.7 million or $0.63 per share
-"another clinical sales opportunity exists, targeting endocrinologists who are seeking practical diagnostic tools to assess liver fat and identify patients with NAFLD, which occurs in 80% to 90% of obese adults and in 30% to 50% of patients with Type 2 diabetes"
-Showing off at 10 clinical conferences this year, incuding booth at the French Society of Diabetology Conference last week

Still an unpredictable waiting game before they can actually sell their liver ultrasound scanners, but everything they say gives me enough confidence to cling, cling to my woeful bags.

It’s called $goon for a reason. Thanks for the summary.

FDA had better get a move on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Space Fish posted:

Thanks for this, it’s appreciated!