Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Platystemon posted:

In that same vein, these two posts are very funny to me.

The first was made in May and was a response to someone mentioning the possibility of spreading the virus to a kid. The second was made in September.

It later turned out that they were a massive Joe Rogan stan, which explains a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Heath posted:

Dillusional.

Thinking everything is made of pickles is a real mental health issue and I'll thank you to take it seriously :mad:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

It doesn't matter if you're mentally ill anymore, today's world is so batshit you're probably better off being weird.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

It doesn't matter if you're mentally ill anymore, today's world is so batshit you're probably better off being weird.

Oh thank god.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Truth

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

Personally I'd turn pro

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:fiesta: gently caress this account :fiesta:

drags posted:

Hey its been great. I just think I need to distance myself from the oozing malignant tumor that is this unfunny shithole.

I would really rather see the spider cock everytime someone sends me a link about your wonderful fiesta cats or laser pants making GBS threads fiestas.

Props to Lowtax. props to anyman who can simply intruct his brain dead followers to give him more money for cheap bandwidth and get rewarded with a banner ad that is in the least a direct atom to pixel representation of getting a warm lube hand job from the same folk. You sir are the (American) idol for web masters everywhere.

Anyways, back to your regularly scheduled reposted and unfunny content. So long, eat a dick.

To the people who still send me links here: pcable, thank god you don't take it seriously. Keeks, good luck. Stephan, don't send me anything, ever.

Oh to be legit:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

EorayMel posted:

:fiesta: gently caress this account :fiesta:
the man makes some good points

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Don't be such a drags

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Trig Discipline posted:

if semen retention worked the real power move would be to bone a bunch of dudes and retain their cum too

I do not deny women, Mandrake, but I deny them my essence.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

what is an internet cum warrior

some sort of angry ethernet homunculi

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
No, sorry, I'm drawing a blank here, not getting any mental pictures.

Thank gently caress

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
well you apply the methods of paracelsus but use a router instead of a horse

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Captain Hygiene posted:

✌️I am not a cook✌️

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Pineapple and cottage cheese is a really dope snack.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
that is a worse crime than any of his actual crimes

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
A user explains why he wants to have the option to put mods on their ignore list:

milkman dad posted:

He posted in the Monday coffee thread saying he doesn’t drink coffee instead he drinks Yerba mate and monster energy drinks. The thread is in gbs I’m not taking the effort to link it right now.

I enjoy coffee everyday (mondays included). Him posting about a coffee alternatives in a coffee thread didn’t “hurt” me but did make me check to see who posted it and then the horror dawned on me he was modded and hence removed from my ignore list.

He posts a lot and whatever if you enjoy it but it’s always the same low effort stream of consciousness style writing that makes an effort to be funny but is not for me.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

McGavin posted:

Born in a pigpen
Raised in a sty
Two huge pig balls
And one smiling guy

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

A user explains why he wants to have the option to put mods on their ignore list:

Honestly I was shocked that the mod wasn't Saddest Rhino.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

From the thread "loving in different time signatures?"

beer gas canister posted:

i'm in a polyrhythmic relationship, i'm 4/4 and she's 12/8

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

you can have mods on your ignore list, you just can't add mods to your ignore list

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

And on the app if you have a mod on ignore you can't add anyone else to ignore because it tries to edit the ignore list rather than adding to it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

You can’t leave out the followup.

milkman dad posted:

So I’m understanding things correctly in theory I could be an IK of any random subforum and poo poo up any thread in any other subforum I want and everyone would have to see what I post?

Honestly I re-read the Yerba mate post and it actually did make me angry the second time. Turns out he only drinks it if he wakes up later than 11 AM, which he did the day he posted it. If he wakes up earlier then he’ll drink coffee.

Now I’m sure all the 11 am waking Yerba mate sipping white knights are gonna roll in here and flame me and I’m just gonna tell you now enjoy yourself but keep it out of the coffee thread.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
What if you have someone on your ignore list who then later becomes a mod?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Regardless of whether they're doing a bit or not, as a devout drinker of coffee myself: get a fuckin' grip, holy poo poo it is *not* that big a deal what someone else drinks.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

They stay there and the function continues, but you are unable to make changes to the list because the software won’t let you save a list that has a moderator on it.

I think there’s a workaround where you can add more people to the list via their profile page, but you can’t remove anyone without removing all mods/admins/IKs at the same time.

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 07:37 on Mar 27, 2022

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Then you are unable to un-ignore them.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Platystemon posted:

They stay there and the function continues, but you are unable to make changes to the list because the software won’t let you save a list that has a moderator on it.

I think there’s a workaround where you can add more people to the list, but you can’t remove anyone without removing all mods/admins/IKs at the same time.

i can confirm that this is how it works, or at least was. more specifically, i think i could not save an edit to my list unless the edit would remove the mod

e: they are demodded now, I'm pretty sure

Doc Hawkins has a new favorite as of 05:22 on Mar 27, 2022

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Dude's still creating quality quotes:

milkman dad posted:

I've given this some thought and am going to level with you what happened here- for about a year I had a hard time distinguishing your posting and Chinatown's posting because your avatars are similar and posting quality really not great. At some point I kind of figured it out and put Chinatown on my ignore list (not you). When I saw your post in the monday coffee thread I thought to myself "I thought I already put this guy on my ignore list." It turns out your posting was always riding the line of going on the ignore list (honestly chinatown brought my perception of your posting lower by association). I guess when I saw your yerba mate post I again got you confused for Chinatown and hence the thread. If I had actually had you on ignore before your IK you would still be on it (see additional explanation below):

I want to confirm some functionality from earlier in the thread because it turns out I do have an IK on my ignore list: A Fancy Hat. Can confirm if the person is on your ignore list before they become IK that process *does not* remove them. His posts are ignored.

Now I wanted to test the ignore functionality so I added "16-bit butthead" to my ignore list and tried to remove him from it. It turns out if you have a mod/IK on your ignore list you can add users to it but you can't remove users from it. When I try to delete "16-bit butthead" I get the message, "Sorry A Fancy Hat is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her." even though I'm not trying to change that field. I don't have anything personal against 16-bit butthead so sorry you're a casualty of my testing.

So there should be a warning/fix about ignore list permanence if you have a mod/IK on your ignore list. Any addition is permanent.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
This site is the best 50$ I've ever spent (I keep buying avatars.)

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

You people make me sick.

A coffee consists of only these following items. Coffee. Optionally with milk (usually creamer). Everyone’s examples consist of "caffeinated beverages". Almost every "coffee" drink i see has other items added to it. The fact that you are calling these "coffee" is nothing short of utter blasphemy. Let me start out by saying I have nothing against energy drinks, I just hate their association with beverages that are not coffee. Drinking yerba mate for your caffeine fix? It's called an energy drink. Totally different. Want to add coffee to some pretentious already caffeinated energy drink? I don't know what the hell you'd call that but it's not a coffee. I would be more than willing to wager I've drank more coffees in my 21 years than any of you had in your entire lives. I have one almost everyday and sometimes more than just one coffees. Want to personalize your coffees? Use a mix of different beans or use a steamer or french press. But if you want to add some carbonated water and take a picture of it, call it an "energy drink” because that is not a loving coffee. I'm not a religious man nor am I anything close to a culinary expert. But as a bland white mid-western male I am honestly the most passionate person when it comes to coffee and mocha & cream. All of you drinkies stay the hell away from our coffees and stop associating your energy drinks with them. Yet again, it is utter blasphemy and it rocks me to the core of my pale being. poo poo, I stopped lurking after 3 years and made this account for the sole purpose of posting this. I've seen post after post of peoples "coffees" and it's been driving me insane. The moment i saw this thread this morning I finally snapped.

You god drat heretics. Respect the coffee and stop changing it into whatever you like and love it for it what it is. Or drink your drat energy drink and call it for what it is. A energy drink.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I wish decaf upon this poster, for taking coffee of all things so serious.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

It's the grilled cheese vs melt(down)s

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

lol at the idea that drinking one coffee every day is a lot

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Regardless of whether they're doing a bit or not, as a devout drinker of coffee myself: get a fuckin' grip, holy poo poo it is *not* that big a deal what someone else drinks.

you gotta have principles.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I wish decaf upon this poster, for taking coffee of all things so serious.

That's just a little harsh IMO.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
It is always

ALWAYS

funny to me to see the pitiful ramblings and justifications of people who cannot tolerate expression from people who they disagree with. "Help! Please! I need technology to help lock my limp mind inside an echo chamber that will tell me it is acceptable to remain weak and unlearning! Please, I'm experiencing inconvenience" Hfs facebook was made to pander to your ineptitude. At some point you will have to concede that yours is not the way, no?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sootikins
May 24, 2008

Did I ever. Remember it as if it were yesterday. Soon as I woke, I went to empty my bowels - my favorite part of the day. Defecatin' to the sunrise - downright glorious.

Dude's still creating quality quotes:

this is great wholesome drama

gettin cranky about coffee/caffeine!!