Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

ah poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

gently caress the curb bring the walls in

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

also kind of crazy that one set of wheel tethers failed

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Kmag going to keep Haas in p3 with a narrow p1 finish over the scude.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
hard to stomach but I just want Norris to score a loving point

a KMAG podium would be glorious and I'm hoping for another LEC win. He had some great moments last season but Ferrari managed to bumble around and and mess things up in charming Italian fashion so often that a lot of his opportunities felt far too fleeting. Seems like the Scuderria have tightened things up and Charles is a talent that deserves a team on top of their game and I'll believe that's the case if Ferrari can actually get through this weekend without comically destroying Charles's chances

I don't have perfect posting memory but I remember the thread finding Brundle's "gladitors" commentary at Spa in poor taste yet now people are being chastised bt some for worring about a 23yo's condition after a huge crash and radio silence. As safe as the sport may be and as rich and clueless as the drivers are I think the impulse to care about someone who has just bounced around the track and wrecked their car is a good one

ofc Mick is out of the hospital so Max is free to celebrate (if he finishes the race)

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Skarsnik posted:

Catching up late late late but this

It's really weird to get mad at people being concerned about a young driver in a bad crash on a lovely track just because the FIA has lovely safety policies in other forms of racing.

That doesn't even make any loving sense.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

My first thought was I hope the FIA allow better helmets in karting so the posts around here wont be so bad.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i think it's fine to be concerned but the posts about how he clearly has severe internal bleeding were kind of silly imo

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Look, we're not all F1 safety experts here. A crash like that is terrible and it's hard for the average 'regular person' to gauge what kind of injuries would result from that. The only thing that's clear to me is that F1 cars are incredibly safe.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Empathy is a sign of a timid poster and gets in the way of sick burns.

Apparently

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think not being a safety expert is even more reason not to post about how he is dead for sure from massive internal bleeding

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Oh you were upset at Grosjean's fireball accident? Curious, not a peep from you about flame proof overall standards in formula vee.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I think Lewis has something going on internally.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I think not being a safety expert is even more reason not to post about how he is dead for sure from massive internal bleeding

If the internet isn't for uninformed hot takes then what is it for???

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

boop the snoot posted:

And do it after three practice sessions and three qualifying sessions and right before the race.

This is the kind of thing that keeps F1 coming back to your oil state.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Somebody said (verbatim quote) "The worry with an impact like this is internal bleeding."

That hardly seems worth getting worked up about, and it's certainly a far cry from your characterization of it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Hoping for Alpine to score points tomorrow and push El Plan.

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

2022 Saudi GP Rootability Index:
1. KMag
2. Yuki
3. Boatass
4. Checo
5. Sainz
6. Lando
7. Albon
8. Gasly
9. Ocon
10. Hulk
11. Danny
12. Zhou
13. Nando
14. SIR Lewis
15. Sharles
—— line of negative vibes ——
16. Latifi
17. Stroll
18. Max
19. Russell

Sent from my iPad fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Mar 27, 2022

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

Sent from my iPad posted:

2022 Saudi GP Rootability Index:
1. KMag
2. Yuki
3. Bottas
4. Checo
5. Sainz
6. Lando
7. Albon
8. Gasly
9. Ocon
10. Hulk
11. Danny
12. Zhou
13. Nando
14. SIR Lewis
15. Sharles
—— line of negative vibes ——
16. Latifi
17. Stroll
18. Max
19. Russell

:hmmyes:

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Ferrari good, McLaren bad.
Mick crash bad, Mick being okay good.
Checo good, Red Bull bad.
Mercedes bad, Lewis Q3 hilarious.

Everything in balance.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I hate daylight savings switch

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

Mode 7 posted:

Ferrari good, McLaren bad.
Mick crash bad, Mick being okay good.
Checo good, Red Bull bad.

Everything in balance.

Bottas good, Hamilton bad
Haas fast, has only 1 car
Mr Saturday does unexpectedly well, still starts behind Ocon

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Watching the driver interviews after qualifying and I really hope George never wins a title and just sort of languishes around the middle of the pack forever.

spaceblancmange posted:

My first thought was I hope the FIA allow better helmets in karting so the posts around here wont be so bad.

The FIA doesn’t care about poor people. Everyone complaining about helmet regs should just try being rich instead.

MustardFacial fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Mar 27, 2022

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Mode 7 posted:

How do you not know how qualifying works

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

MustardFacial posted:

I really hope George never wins a title

inshallah

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Alfa 1-2

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Xakura posted:

The haters don't know they just want to hate on the goat

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
What did George do to upset the thread? he crashed into Big Valtteri last year is all I know

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

Dirk Pitt posted:

What did George do to upset the thread? he crashed into Big Valtteri last year is all I know

Dunno about you but I didn't like his bit in DTS where he said some people should lose their job.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Xakura posted:

thoughtless typo from phoneposting at work

net work error posted:

The haters don't know they just want to hate on the goat

it's very funny though ???

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
George Russel's face is 10% too large for his head.

Cataffy
Aug 12, 2008
George has major head boy meets Patrick Bateman vibes.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Rebus posted:

Dunno about you but I didn't like his bit in DTS where he said some people should lose their job.

Ahh I haven’t finished DTS season 4 yet since MY GIRLFRIEND wants to watch it with me and she doesn’t binge these thing :smith:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Rebus posted:

:eyepop:

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Considering Russel is the only mercedes engine starting in the first ten places I wonder what the chances are that every single mercedes supplied team has crippling aero issues, and that there's no correlation with the power unit being the common denominator.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
How different are the engines compared to last year?

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Dirk Pitt posted:

Ahh I haven’t finished DTS season 4 yet since MY GIRLFRIEND wants to watch it with me and she doesn’t binge these thing :smith:

An f1 fan with a girlfriend? Dubious unless it’s Theo

Cataffy posted:

George has major head boy meets Patrick Bateman vibes.

George’s whole “wizened veteran of the sport” schtick where he talked about how Valt was bad cause a Mercedes should not be fighting for p9 or whatever was extremely irritating. Idk what it is about Anglosaxons but all the Britbongs, Canadians and Australians in the sport are just mediocre drivers with overinflated egoes and they’re hyped to hell and back by posters here and by the Anglo press.

Mclaren bad. Lando bad. Russel bad. Ricciardo super bad. I’ll admit I only started watching f1 in 2020 but the whole “Ricciardo is good he just needs to get used to the car stuff” was such transparent coping. He’s funny and a cool dude but WDC material he is not.

I used to think 7 times WDC* Lewis was good but I guess this season shows he’s also mediocre and he was coasting along on Mercedes turbo engines. That, or Red Bull have finally mentally broken him and he should have retired on a high note. It’s a shame but he should probably become an influencer + human rights activist instead.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Rinkles posted:

How different are the engines compared to last year?
https://twitter.com/adamcooperF1/status/1489659218802139138

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Deltasquid posted:

Ricciardo super bad. I’ll admit I only started watching f1 in 2020

Well there's your problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i think it's fine to be concerned but the posts about how he clearly has severe internal bleeding were kind of silly imo

Sir, were you on reddit?