Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

John F Bennett posted:

I don't even know what Elden Ring looks like, not even seen a picture. How cool am I.

zero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

ohhhhhh

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
Someone should really make a Souls thread.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

1glitch0 posted:

I started Elden Ring and there was an opening video that didn't explain who I was or what was going on. I started in a dark room, used a guy's finger to leave the room, fought a monster that may have killed me but I think it was supposed to, then I woke up in a different dark room and there was a different opening video. The entire time there was poo poo all over the floor from other players. Then I got sleepy and went to bed. I'll give it another shot soon but so far in the argument between if Elden Ring or Skyrim is better I'm giving the edge to Skyrim, but I will report back when I have further information.

Jump down the pit in front of the guy in the chair before you leave.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

SpiderLink posted:

Someone should really make a Souls thread.

the word 'soul' literally does not appear once in the entirety of elden ring

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

How can you people play Elden Ring when there are games such as Far Cry 6 free to play this weekend

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i wouldn’t play Far Cry 6 if I got paid to lol

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Honestly, it's the same game as Far Cry 5 so far, just with more jungle.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I love shooters and I have zero interest in FC6 even free. FC4 was probably fav and it has been a steep decline since.

Same with Just Cause after 2. Just turned into stinkers.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

I swear Elden Ring prepared me for Tunic. I feel like I’m breezing though it, finding secrets like nobody’s business, upgrading myself, already having necessary items when it makes sense, etc.

I love emerging out of a hole or door in a place I have definitely been before and cursing the clever but simple way it was hidden.

Game good. :)

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Putting Lost Judgement on a Gold free to play weekend is such a troll because there's no way you could get even 15% into the game in 2 days.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

American McGay posted:

Putting Lost Judgement on a Gold free to play weekend is such a troll because there's no way you could get even 15% into the game in 2 days.

Then people will want to buy the game and would you look at that, the new expansion is just about to drop, may as well spring for the expensive edition!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Is the HDMI cable that comes with the Series X good enough for a 4K TV? My apologies if this is a stupid and/or done to death question.

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Is the HDMI cable that comes with the Series X good enough for a 4K TV? My apologies if this is a stupid and/or done to death question.

Yes.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Apparently my TV does not support 120hz and Dolby vision at the same time. Is Dolby Vision worth it or should I keep VRR on?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Thank you.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Apparently my TV does not support 120hz and Dolby vision at the same time. Is Dolby Vision worth it or should I keep VRR on?

If you’re playing a game that does 120FPS (not that many tbh) go with the VRR, otherwise Dolby Vision.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

John F Bennett posted:

I don't even know what Elden Ring looks like, not even seen a picture. How cool am I.

It looks like this, hth

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Kevyn posted:

It looks like this, hth

No it looks like this.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Whizzing Wizard posted:

If it does HDR at 120hz just do that you won't miss Dolby Vision.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Xbox will show DV output all the time but unless you're in a game that specifically supports it (like the new Halo where you'll know by the lack of HDR sliders in the video settings) the picture won't differ from regular HDR. At least when I compared games at extreme brightness settings I got the same artifacts with DV on and off.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

John F Bennett posted:

How can you people play Elden Ring when there are games such as Far Cry 6 free to play this weekend

Far Cry 6 is a bad game. And I say that as someone who bought and beat 5 and bought 6.

It's more of 5 but with less obnoxious story but lol who gives a poo poo it's another Ubisoft collectathon.

Elden Ring is cool but I prefer Bloodborne's asthetic more :shrug:

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

American McGay posted:

No it looks like this.

Please put on lotion before praising the sun

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

i wouldn’t play Far Cry 6 if I got paid to lol

It’s so loving shallow

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I tried Far Cry 5 on a free weekend and it sucked poo poo, it was so bad. So much waiting for characters yappin too.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Watched the first episode of Halo and holy poo poo I am embarrassed for everyone involved in that trash fire.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

joylessdivision posted:

Far Cry 6 is a bad game. And I say that as someone who bought and beat 5 and bought 6.

It's more of 5 but with less obnoxious story but lol who gives a poo poo it's another Ubisoft collectathon.

Besides the usual Ubisoft poo poo, one of Far Cry's problems is it tries to be serious but also corny as gently caress, it comes off really weird.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
My favorite part of Far Cry 5 was the development team initially pitching something that directly confronted the red state Y'all Qaeda "rural America will rise" Second Civil War poo poo that was bubbling to the surface — or at least finally entering the public discourse, because anybody paying attention had seen it mounting for years — in the mid-2010s in the U.S. ... then promptly backing off of that entirely when they realized what they'd walked into.

My least favorite part of Far Cry 5 was playing it. So many terrible decisions, holy poo poo.

Edit: I'm a dipshit.

Toaster Beef fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Mar 27, 2022

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Toaster Beef posted:

My favorite part of Far Cry 6 was the development team initially pitching something that directly confronted the red state Y'all Qaeda "rural America will rise" Second Civil War poo poo that was bubbling to the surface — or at least finally entering the public discourse, because anybody paying attention had seen it mounting for years — in the mid-2010s in the U.S. ... then promptly backing off of that entirely when they realized what they'd walked into.

My least favorite part of Far Cry 6 was playing it. So many terrible decisions, holy poo poo.

That was FC5, 6 is the imagined central american dictatorship led by Giancarlo Esposito.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Toaster Beef posted:

My favorite part of Far Cry 6 was the development team initially pitching something that directly confronted the red state Y'all Qaeda "rural America will rise" Second Civil War poo poo that was bubbling to the surface — or at least finally entering the public discourse, because anybody paying attention had seen it mounting for years — in the mid-2010s in the U.S. ... then promptly backing off of that entirely when they realized what they'd walked into.

My least favorite part of Far Cry 6 was playing it. So many terrible decisions, holy poo poo.

Also meeting the companion who tells you a story about the bad guys pissing in kids mouths, followed up by meeting the whacky diabetes bear named Cheeseburger rotfl

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Also meeting the companion who tells you a story about the bad guys pissing in kids mouths, followed up by meeting the whacky diabetes bear named Cheeseburger rotfl

lmao farcry owns

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I just bought an Xbox just for Elden Ring :emo:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Does the Xbox (Series X) really autodelete "old" captures? I set them to save locally and only manually push a select few to the Xbox network and I all the screenshots I took in January are gone. What the gently caress Microsoft?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

orcane posted:

Does the Xbox (Series X) really autodelete "old" captures? I set them to save locally and only manually push a select few to the Xbox network and I all the screenshots I took in January are gone. What the gently caress Microsoft?

Yes. Possibly even if you have an external drive for heavy duty gameplay recording.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the way Series does screenshots and videos the one thing i don't like over the pS4 where you could just build up hundreds of gigs of captures. also the way you can't record voices in a video clip loving sucks

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Yes. Possibly even if you have an external drive for heavy duty gameplay recording.
JFC. I could accept that for online storage, but auto-deleting my local captures is one of the dumbest thing I ever heard and I followed this console through the Xbone/Kinect days. I can clean up my own captures if they ever take too much space, thanks Microsoft :psyduck:

orcane fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Mar 27, 2022

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

joylessdivision posted:

Some of ER's best levels are Bloodborne inspired levels.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Finished Norco and I can' tell if I just got the bad endings or if the game truly just is missing that last like 5% of dialog to tie it all together at the end.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

sponges posted:

I just bought an Xbox just for Elden Ring :emo:

Same, pretty much. Turns out I am not just bad at video games, but also at life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

sounds like you made a good decision