Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Khablam posted:

His whole arrogant DTS appearance was awful, but this bit made me genuinely pissed off.

The Williams team with the Thatcher picture on the wall was the perfect home for George

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Sent from my iPad posted:

2022 Saudi GP Rootability Index:

wrong wrong wrong I root for all f1 drivers equally except sir Lewis, who is still a really cool and good and stylish person just doesn't deserve any more on track wins

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

I think George came across pretty well in DTS, some people just want to hate him for reasons. Williams were at the back for years, the thread is in agreement that paddy Lowe was a failure so gr saying as much is not a surprise.

The dude not only is the only Merc engine in the top 10, he was the only person to get into q 3 using mediums.

Lewis wae pretty honest that the car is not where they want to be so they are having to push set ups harder, and sometimes you push it too far and the performance falls off a cliff.

Checo doing the lap of his life is going under the radar, even though he did it in a car+tyre combination that wdc* max said was undrivable.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Deltasquid posted:

George’s whole “wizened veteran of the sport” schtick where he talked about how Valt was bad cause a Mercedes should not be fighting for p9 or whatever was extremely irritating. Idk what it is about Anglosaxons but all the Britbongs, Canadians and Australians in the sport are just mediocre drivers with overinflated egoes and they’re hyped to hell and back by posters here and by the Anglo press.

I watch cycling and it's always like this with the anglophonic riders, especially when the press are english-speaking and blow their egos up lol. They love adopting some kind of tough-guy image and then whining to the press that they have to ride 200KM in the rain. At least Amerikkkans are a bit humbled thanks to the whole Lance Armstrong thing happening in everyone's memories.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

George will never be WDC

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

All street circuits that don‘t welcome you suck.

E: wait, there‘s Norisring….

birds
Jun 28, 2008

How poor is Haas without oligarch money and how many cars can they afford to destroy this season?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

birds posted:

How poor is Haas without oligarch money and how many cars can they afford to destroy this season?

They cashed the oligarch check and then took his name off everything

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

big nipples big life posted:

The seven time champ is not very good is an all time take.

It's not rare though, there are quite a few 7 time champs in motorsports and someone is always ready to say how they really weren't very good.

You would be a 7 time WDC as well if you just drove into it uncontested. The two times he had actual challengers for the WDC in the last 8 years he cracked under the pressure and lost them both.

I have maintained the opinion that Hamilton isn't great and it was all the car this entire time :colbert:

Dirk Pitt posted:

What did George do to upset the thread? he crashed into Big Valtteri last year is all I know

Russel was much more tolerable when everyone saw him as Mr. Saturday - the scrappy underdog dragging performance out of the car. (Albon is showing us that there was always performance in the car, Latifi is just poo poo).

Ever since rumours started circulating that George was next in line for Bottas' seat he's taken on the weird "tow the company line"/corporate mouthpiece persona that leads to things like his "racing for P9" rant or this tweet from Abu Dhabi

Now that he actually has the seat, he's acting as if he is owed WDC's just for being a Merc driver and his bit on DTS showed a similar kind of arrogance.

gently caress outta here with that attitude. I hope the guy never wins a race.

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

wrong wrong wrong I root for all f1 drivers equally except sir Lewis, who is still a really cool and good and stylish person just doesn't deserve any more on track wins

:hmmyes:

[edit] I still believe in McLaren

MustardFacial fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Mar 27, 2022

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Zak Brown is gonna transform a la Turbo Teen into the fastest McLaren the world has ever seen and :lando: is gonna drive him to a beautiful and fully deserved WDC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j18e_ID-DpA&t=10s

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Bottas outqualifying Hamilton?! yes, hahaha YES!

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
i didn't know the galaxy brained take of "his competition was weak so he's not the goat" also existed in F1 (i only know it from tennis where dumb idiots, just total freak morons sometimes say this about the GOAT of all sport Roger Federer)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Poois Shamilton

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

They cashed the oligarch check and then took his name off everything

It was a true feel good story of the season so far

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

nawilo_420 posted:

i didn't know the galaxy brained take of "his competition was weak so he's not the goat" also existed in F1 (i only know it from tennis where dumb idiots, just total freak morons sometimes say this about the GOAT of all sport Roger Federer)

It's actually one of the more sane takes as F1 within the confines of this thread goes. You wouldn't believe the number of unmedicated weirdos in here earnestly believing cast iron is superior to red copper pans.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

nawilo_420 posted:

it's not very new lol, people don't like drivers where the bulk of their titles came in dominant cars against clear B-driver teammates

granted this describes a lot of championships but it's why people still don't particularly love Vettel or Schumacher (or maybe that's just the english-speaking media being biased)

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Gigi Galli posted:

Russell just seems like some rich kid who bullied other rich kids like Stroll because Stroll doesn’t know how to read and can’t see straight.

:laffo:

"Colour, Lance, with a bloody u, you philistine"

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

ja_raul posted:

If Max finds himself in p2 with checo leading I can see RB calling for team orders.

It's a safe bet to predict a red flag on this circuit, I just wonder who and at what lap.

Im putting my money on Latifi

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

DrunkPanda posted:

Im putting my money on Latifi

Max getting jealous of other drivers getting intimate with his walls

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Theophany posted:

It's actually one of the more sane takes as F1 within the confines of this thread goes. You wouldn't believe the number of unmedicated weirdos in here earnestly believing cast iron is superior to red copper pans.

It isn’t. For the last thirty years every driver has had someone in identical* hardware next to them as a comparison

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
Why is it they keep talking about Lewis and not Scud? Don't they know Lewis is a has-been?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
uh oh

TV guides didn't adust for daylights savings time

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Dynamite Dog posted:

It isn’t. For the last thirty years every driver has had someone in identical* hardware next to them as a comparison

Valtteri it's James, please abort.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
Mick stopping just short of saying the course is dogshit

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Theophany posted:

Valtteri it's James, please abort.

That’s why you shouldn’t compare people on statistics, I agree, but actually look at what happened

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

Mick stopping just short of saying the course is dogshit

He probably wants to be able to fly out of the country this evening.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The actual greatest fraud WDC in history will always be Mansell lol

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields
Max* is going to get past the two Ferraris because of their straight line speed deficit and then, enraged at a lack of team orders, is going to try inexpertly to get past Perez, thereby causing a double DNF and a second straight weekend for RB with zero points.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I love Mansell because he's this incredibly dull middle aged English man that Italians got so excited about they literally nicknamed him The Lion.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

If you think RB would ever refrain from issuing very prompt team orders if it looked like Verstappen had greater race pace than Perez (or possibly even if he didn't, but at this stage they'll probably just want to secure P1 and if possible P2), well, hope springs eternal I suppose.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Diorama posted:

Max* is going to get past the two Ferraris because of their straight line speed deficit and then, enraged at a lack of team orders, is going to try inexpertly to get past Perez, thereby causing a double DNF and a second straight weekend for RB with zero points.

I’d die of laughter, just drop dead on the spot

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I don’t think Lewis is champion this year and I’m not rooting for him but I think he’s pretty likeable. Why do so many itt not like him lol

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

Diorama posted:

I approve of this lathe of heaven attempt

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

bi crimes posted:

I don’t think Lewis is champion this year and I’m not rooting for him but I think he’s pretty likeable. Why do so many itt not like him lol

People hate serial winners op

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Sombrerotron posted:

If you think RB would ever refrain from issuing very prompt team orders if it looked like Verstappen had greater race pace than Perez (or possibly even if he didn't, but at this stage they'll probably just want to secure P1 and if possible P2), well, hope springs eternal I suppose.

Yeah Perez is only ever finishing ahead of Max in situations where it's to deny Leclerc or whoever the maximum points benefit over Max.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Gigi Galli posted:

People hate serial winners op

also the Br*tish

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
So I was looking at the McLaren store to maybe get some gear/shirts to show my support.

I noped the gently caress out when I saw they wanted 80 bucks for a t-shirt and 50 bucks for a hat. Sorry, thats too loving expensive.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Cimber posted:

So I was looking at the McLaren store to maybe get some gear/shirts to show my support.

I noped the gently caress out when I saw they wanted 80 bucks for a t-shirt and 50 bucks for a hat. Sorry, thats too loving expensive.

yeah F1 gear is stupid expensive lol. look for knockoffs or vintage stuff on ebay or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Someone at F1 finally realised that they had a calendar feed that needed updating

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/r?cid=http://www.formula1.com/calendar/Formula_1_Official_Calendar.ics

https://www.formula1.com/calendar/Formula_1_Official_Calendar.ics