Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

haveblue posted:

How does the previous owner being old explain the living room urinal? Did every house in England used to have one and they're only just now being phased out?

Why even have a urinal at all, just change the floor in every room to tile with a drain

The only weird plumbing thing we used to have over here was open tanks in the roof space for hot water heating and storage. Urinals in common areas are not standard issue so this old guy must have had one installed specially. Probably cost a fair bit too, unless the wall he installed it on was one seperating the living room from a bathroom (in which case why loving bother?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

teen witch posted:

I have a urinal in my living room and my new girlfriend cannot handle it - she says she will leave

This whole thing is just the best. Driving your partner out of your life because you just can't resist the siren song of being able to pee right in your vidyagame room.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
Bigfoot catching living room pisser man is out there living his best goddamn life and we're all just too chickenshit to admit it.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Why not just get a urinal cabinet? A nice urinal cabinet will solve all the problems, and put a pack of activated charcoal in there you're golden

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

haveblue posted:

How does the previous owner being old explain the living room urinal? Did every house in England used to have one and they're only just now being phased out?

Why even have a urinal at all, just change the floor in every room to tile with a drain

He says the other bathroom is upstairs. The previous owner may have had too much difficulty getting up there in time (mobility issues, prostate issues) and figured this was a solution.

Brawnfire posted:

Why not just get a urinal cabinet? A nice urinal cabinet will solve all the problems, and put a pack of activated charcoal in there you're golden

Coming up with the best answers in this thread.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Brawnfire posted:

You don't want to be trapped in a cabinet when Bigfoot busts in.

You need room for roundhouse kicks!

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

teen witch posted:

I have come looking for help - I summoned bigfoot - and it worked

this is an evocation not an invocation, OP is fake as hell

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

teen witch posted:

I have a urinal in my living room and my new girlfriend cannot handle it - she says she will leave

The phrase goes "Don't poo poo swhere you eat", it doesn't say anything about pissing. Its like this woman doesn't understand basic sayings smh

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
AITA for tricking my sister into believing that her infant kids spent hours unsupervised in order to teach her a lesson?

quote:

Throwaway and long time lurker, first time poster here!

I should preface this by saying that my (27F) sister (33F) pawns her children (2F and 10 months F) off to other people to watch at any chance she gets. When I say pawns off, I mean she doesn't even ask first before just leaving her children and walking off. Be it to our 16 year old cousin on big family holidays or our mom whenever she visits.

Yesterday, I was due to see my mother lives in for a visit and to give her a few gifts that I had for her. In the morning, I got a call from my mom asking me if I could go and pick up a dress and earrings that my mom had lent to my sister.

When I got there, my sister gave me the dress and earrings and offered me a quick cup of coffee while her babies were playing in their bouncer chairs. I accepted as my mom doesn't mind what time I rock up at hers. After we chatted for a bit, my sister got up and left me alone in the room with the babies. I waited for a moment and then saw my sister go out the front door saying "I'll be back soon". Before I could even open my mouth to reply, she's out the door and getting in her car to drive off.

I called my mom and told her everything. I could tell that my mom was getting worked up with everything I said to her. My mother and I spend a few moments bitching about my sister and we come incredibly close to calling CPS. I then decide to do something a bit petty and stupid. I warn my mom about what I'm going to do and she tells me it probably isn't a good idea but doesn't try to stop me.

I spent the next 3 hours looking after the kids, Eventually, I saw my sister's car coming up the road. I put the babies where she left them and then walked out the back door as my sister came up to the front to make her think that her house had been empty apart from the kids.

Predictably, my sister called me, furious and screaming about how I abandoned her kids for hours and how one of them was forced to suffer with a dirty diaper (apparently she soiled herself as I was leaving and I hadn't noticed) and how shocking my behaviour was. I told her that SHE abandoned her kids and asked her why she assumed I was up for babysitting. She screamed some more and hung up.

When I got to mom's, my mom informed me that my sister called her to complain about me and my mom covered for me and asked my sister "at what point did [my name] agree to babysit for you".

You remember, I mentioned our 16 year old cousin? Well today, I found out that my sister also went complaining to his father and he gave her a piece of his mind as well. My sister called up my mom again and this time began crying about how her own family hates her and about how hard it is to be a single mother (her husband works abroad most of the year so this is practically the case).

I feel like I've created a knock on effect on the whole family but my mom and uncle keep reassuring me that my sister got what she deserved. I really don't know anymore so AITA?

how dare you abandon the children that i abandoned

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Guildenstern Mother posted:

gently caress it man, stop caring and just smile and nod along with all her crazy poo poo. When she directly contradicts you be like "oh yeah, that's totally how it works, great idea". She's just talking at you, nothing you say will penetrate her skull so why bother giving a poo poo about actually being helpful?

Yeah I emphasize with the strong desire to set a moron straight but with some people you're just never going to get even 1% through to them and it's best to just stop caring for your own mental health. I tell myself that anyone else worth caring about can see they're in la la land too. You can sometimes see it in a person's eyes when they have the force field up and everything is bouncing right off of them.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I've got an in-law who is like that, constantly rotating through "careers" while not actually following through on anything, getting mad at advice, etc. It's easier to deal with when it's some other career path so I can just nod and be like "oh wow cool sounds like a lot of potential"--but when she becomes interested in a career field practiced by someone in the family it can be so hard to fob her off. Everything in your heart tells you to nurture and guide someone setting along your chosen path, but everything in your head is screaming "she's gonna drop this in a week and be furious nobody supported her, no matter what you do, just don't engage!!!!!!!!"

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I'm sorry to say...I'd pee in living room urinal. Also anyone who says "oh I don't bathe daily some people just don't need to!" Is 100% of the time a stinky motherfucker.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I mean, I'd consider some sort of astronaut-esque pee tube that attaches on and carries everything away without a mess, but I'm not just gonna stand there backsplashing everything around me in my living room

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I want to believe

Marriage Space

UPDATE: Time is almost up

quote:

Here is the link to the original post.
https://www.reddit.com/r/DeadBedrooms/comments/jfima6/time%5C_is%5C_almost%5C_up/
To summarize/recap original post: I (49 HLM) married to my wife (50 LLF) 24 years, DB for last 15 almost 16 years, no sex of any kind at all for the last 12 almost 13 years. Started out with lots of sex and then went to nothing. Refused counseling or to do anything to address it. I gave up for the last 12 years. Three kids, older two out of house, and youngest was getting ready for early admittance to college in January. I stayed for kids as wife is bad with money and had strongly suggested she would keep me from my kids if we divorced and decided it was better for them if I stay in their life. Now with youngest leaving, I was getting ready to leave.
So now to bring everyone up to date, after the last post as I had pretty much checked out and was spending my time with my daughter to help her prepared for college as well as finishing out her high school career. After a very condescending comment from my wife about how I was worthless after finishing a home improvement project where it didn’t look perfect, I pretty much had a Peter Gibbons moment and just started ignoring her and doing whatever I wanted. If I wanted pizza, I ordered it for myself and daughter with the toppings we liked and didn’t order anything for her. If she had plans where she expected me to go somewhere, I went out for a drive or did something else I wanted to and left her to go to the event or whatever by herself. I improved my diet a lot and there was no stress around my meals anymore. To say that she was pissed would be the understatement of the century. I didn’t bother buying her a gift for Christmas and instead gave myself an expensive bottle of scotch. Even wrapped it and put to myself from Santa.
I started taking out my guitar and playing again, actually had some fun with my daughter doing so. My wife used to hate me playing in the house and so I had stopped many years ago. My daughter didn’t even remember me playing so it was fun. While I have been working out, I got much more serious about it. I put on a little bit more muscle. I started throwing away old clothes and cleaning everything out. I started selling old tools and junk I had that were mine. So pretty much cleaning up.
My wife stopped me in the house one day, getting in my face as I had gotten in the habit of just walking around her (think Peter walking around Lumbergh) and ignoring her. Angerly she told me she knew that I was planning to leave, and I was too pathetic to do it. I would come crawling back to her. I said nothing and just smiled thinking to myself “That’s what you think.” I spent the rest of the time prepping for my exit and had everything getting set up.
Finally, the day arrived where I packed up my daughter’s things and I moved her to her University’s housing. My wife didn’t come, which wasn’t surprising since she hadn’t gone to the other daughters’ college move ins. When we get there and I’m helping move her in, my other two daughters show up to help as well (my middle one also attends the same University). We finish and have a dinner together and my oldest in front of the others asked when I would be leaving her mother. I honestly told them immediately upon returning home. They all hug me and tell me how they knew I wasn’t happy but I gave them a great childhood. I never realized it but as they talked, their mother hadn’t been to more than a few of any of their soccer games. She rarely attended recitals. I was also the only one to help them with their homework. I had always assumed, from all her complaining, that I was barely pulling my weight, but my daughters were here telling me that I had done almost everything and how much they loved their childhood and growing up with me as their dad, but they wished their mother spent more time with them. They basically said in their own way that I was the reason they were successful. At this point I felt so loved, and successful, I could have died and been completely happy having experienced that moment.
Afterwards, my youngest made me promise to not ghost my wife, as I had planned, but to confront her before leaving. I agreed and the next day headed back home. Back home I grabbed the last of my small things, as all the major items/documents were already secured and set about confronting my STBX. I turned on the audio recorder on my cell phone (one party consent state), put it in my pocket, found her and told her we needed to talk.
I said I was leaving, I haven’t been happy for years, our youngest was gone and now so was I. She became indignant. Once again telling me how pathetic I was. That I’ll come crawling back. She continued to insult me, and said that if I really did leave, I’d just die alone. I responded that that’s interesting because for the past 16 years I’ve been dying alone slowly when I was supposedly married to someone who was supposed to be my companion, and I’ve never felt so alone my entire life than during this time.
She then started trying to shame me since my major complaint was lack of sex and intimacy where she started talking about how sex isn’t everything, yada yada yada. I responded to this one with yes, sex isn’t everything just like breathing isn’t everything. But you can’t live without breathing, and a romantic relationship without sex is dead.
She seemed to not believe it had been almost 13 years since we had sex. She thought we had sex recently. I thought she must be crazy, but it hit me. She must be sleeping with someone else. How else would it not have been obvious we hadn’t slept together for years. Back when she acted surprised when she threatened to never have sex with me again and I called it a hallow threat. She had gotten confused as she was getting hers from somewhere else. I have really prepared myself for this possibility and had thought on it a lot but had no evidence. I wasn’t even mad considering the possibility to tell you the truth. I have had no intimacy with this woman for so long that it really didn’t matter to me. So I decided to call her out on it. I asked her if she had been sleeping with someone, or if she had been having multiple partners over the years. She became angry and said I was crazy. I just kinda shrugged. I had been looking at my watch, waiting. After some uncomfortable silence, I saw it was time and I heard the car I had been waiting for pull up.
I had timed it perfectly. I told her there was someone outside that she would need to see. I walked out and she followed me a little confused. The process server was just getting out of his car. “{STBX’s full name}?” “Yes?” “You’ve been served.” He quickly handed her the large envelop took a photo of her, and then quickly got back in his car. Worth the extra money I paid for specific date and time.
She started screaming at me that I was an rear end in a top hat. That I couldn’t do this to her. Then beyond just anger, she gets an almost crazy look in her eyes. She started screaming that she was cheating on me. She began to make even worse insults to me about my manhood, how I couldn’t satisfy her, etc. Just making a huge scene. She then begins to list off people who I hate that she’s cheated on me with, and others who I thought were close friends. I wonder if she thinks she is making me mad, but instead I try to fight off a smile as I just start thinking to myself “OMG, I might not have to pay her alimony… I might not have to declare chapter 7 when this is done!” I live in an at fault state.
As she’s still screaming, I look at my watch one final time and tell her, as I had practiced several times, “Oh, look at that. Time’s up. Hey, good game!” and I walk to a minivan that she doesn’t recognize, and she stops screaming in confusion. Not knowing why I’m getting into this strange vehicle. A used minivan instead of the BMW. I drive off, I can see her bringing her cell phone up trying to call me. Only it doesn’t ring. She gets a disconnected message from the carrier instead. I have a new cell phone with a new number she doesn’t know, and her number is blocked just in case anyway. She won’t find any social media presence as I have deleted all my profiles. The only things of mine she’ll find in the house are worthless items I couldn’t sell and were too big to have put out with the trash. She won’t find any pictures of me in the house as I took all of them. The only time she’ll see me will be at the divorce proceeding.
I pulled over after a few miles, to get out and walk around just a little. It hit me. I’m out. To pull another movie reference, I felt like Andy Dufresne from the Shawshank Redemption after he climbs out into the rain from the sewer line. I mimicked with my arms extended and eye closed facing up into the air (only no rain). I’m free!

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Older people believe that computers can do absolutely anything while simultaneously being worthless machines that won't do anything they want.

The thing that drives me berserk is when they come in complaining that "that stupid machine just stopped working for no reason!", and I go and look, and there a big ol dialog box in the middle of the screen saying exactly what is wrong/happening and how to fix it.
I ask, "did you not read that?" and they respond "No, I don't know anything about that stuff!"

You learn this poo poo the same way I did! By googling stuff and READING THE drat SCREEN.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

Captain Hygiene posted:

I mean, I'd consider some sort of astronaut-esque pee tube that attaches on and carries everything away without a mess, but I'm not just gonna stand there backsplashing everything around me in my living room

Totally this.

OP even knows it’s weird and somehow wrong else he wouldn’t have covered it up for the first two months.

I’m imagining a couple of dudes over to play video games and drink. As the night goes on the aim gets a bit more casual and there’s no way splashing doesn’t happen. Best case scenario the floor gets the after-drops. Worst case scenario there’s carpet involved.

Girlfriend just caught a break seeing this setup two months in and (hopefully) bailing forever.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Pope Corky the IX posted:

One time I pissed in a friend's bird bath and you'd think I poo poo in it based on his reaction.

same, man. same

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

teen witch posted:

In comments:

quote:

its not like that , only when the guys are alone do we mess about with competiions in the urinal , we would never do that with company

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Arsenic Lupin posted:

In comments:

Just a dude bein boys with the homies

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Four more posts before we find out the "urinal" is just a hole in the drywall and six more until we find out by "girlfriend" he means "mom"

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit
I can't blame the old guy if he had a hard time getting upstairs to attend to whatever frequency of urination his body required, and to some extent I don't really blame the young guy for keeping it around if it didn't bother him that much.

The hosed up thing is loving this living room urinal so much that you're willing to gently caress up a good relationship over it, Jesus Christ just have it uninstalled you stupid idiot lol

E: uhh I posted this before the piss competitions wtf lmao

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Pookah posted:

The thing that drives me berserk is when they come in complaining that "that stupid machine just stopped working for no reason!", and I go and look, and there a big ol dialog box in the middle of the screen saying exactly what is wrong/happening and how to fix it.
I ask, "did you not read that?" and they respond "No, I don't know anything about that stuff!"

You learn this poo poo the same way I did! By googling stuff and READING THE drat SCREEN.

I've said before about weaponised incompetence. It's an inherent reflex for that generation. Passing on problems until someone makes them go away is their norm.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I used to live in a student residence where the bathrooms were shared among 5-12 people depending on your floor (with extras in the basement if there was a pressing need), but every room had a sink installed. I pretty quickly caught that it was customary to pee in the sink in your room when hungover or busy or just not wanting to play the bathroom bingo.

I will admit I eventually relented and saw the utility of the sink, but not with pride or in company, goddamn.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

AITA for asking my sister to throw my baby shower party when she is suffering from infertility

quote:

i 20 f am dating my sister Lucy's ( 28 f ) boyfriend (josh 29 m) of 3 ish years that she broke up with. i know there's a whole thing surrounding dating a siblings ex but please hear me out.

We live in relatively small village, it's a 10 mile drive to the nearest town, and i haven't got my drivers licence yet because I've been too busy with work and classes. Lucy and Josh started dating around late 2016 and got engaged in 2018.

Then in early 2019 Lucy found out she can't have children due to a problem with her ovaries. I don't know exactly what went on but after the infertility diagnosis Lucy became very depressed, she went on antidepressant medicine and started therapy.

A few weeks after starting therapy she and Josh broke up, mutually apparantly. Josh lives just down the road from us so i see him out and about on the farm quite often.

It just kind of happened naturally, we grew closer together and went on some dates, but then i fell unexpectedly pregnant but i kept it secret from Lucy because she is still very down and depressed.

In my opinion Josh can't just never move on, and someone shouldn't be forever off limits because your sibling briefly dated them.

So i decided after 2 months that it was time to tell Lucy, soon I'll start to show and I'm planning on moving in with josh before the baby arrives but poo poo . hit. the. fan.

She's living back at home now and has been since the break up, and she looks awful, she mostly slouches around in her pjs, i sat her down and said i have some news. i told her i was with josh and that im expecting, i told her it would mean the world to be if she would be god mother to the baby and asked if she would like to plan the shower for me as i know she absolutely thrives on parties.

She didn't even react, just asked me to leave I made the point that it's our parents house. I know on paper this sounds bad, it really dose but i should be allowed to live my life and so should Josh.

The baby was unplanned and something we couldn't have forseen, i know that is probably a bit of salt in the wound but i couldn't have helped a complete supprise. i love my sister and want to see her happy but she text me this morning saying this

: lucy : Thanks for letting me know your dating josh, oh and that your pregnant with his child, congratulations you achieved what i could not, i am in such a bad place and you will never understand, josh and i agreed i needed time and medication and then we would try again but i guess he never told you that did he. as for your baby shower all i can say is well done, you always were good at telling jokes. i hope you rot in hell you evil bitch.

I confronted josh about this and he admitted it was true but that once we started dating that he fell in love with me, they have been apart for 6 months now and it is getting tiring i have a baby on the way and i desperately need her support AITA

See the problem is that my sister won't plan my party for her ex-fiance that left her for her sister and is now pregnant after only 2-3 weeks. I don't know why she has to be so depressed all the time that I have the life she planned!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Hughlander posted:

AITA for asking my sister to throw my baby shower party when she is suffering from infertility

quote:

but please hear me out

Ok I did, and everything about it made you come across even worse

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
AITA For Cancelling My Wedding Because My Fiance Wanted a Child-Free Wedding?

quote:

I (35F) have been a single mother for fourteen years. I have twins, Jacob and Jane, and an 11 year old, Mickey. Their father left us while I was pregnant for the second time, and it was probably for the best as he was quite the alcoholic.

Two years ago I met a guy, Kai (38M). He was honestly the sweetest, kindest guy, but he didn’t have a great relationship with kids, He was extremely awkward around them, and didn’t seem to grasp the fact that they were only young, and tried to speak to them like work colleagues.

About a year in we moved in together, and then 5 months later he proposed to me. It was rather casual, and when he said it I laughed as I thought he was joking until he got annoyed and I realised he was serious.

We separated the jobs, and his and his families were seating and guest lists, which he showed me a month and a half before the wedding when we sent out invitations. The kids were invited for the ceremony and lunch and would be leaving halfway through the party.

Around 4 weeks before the wedding I took a look at the guestlist again. To my surprise, my children’s names were not on the list or seating chart, and the whole kid's table had been removed. When I asked him about it, he basically said that went wanted an adults-only wedding and that my kids were not allowed to attend. He would rather have a child-free wedding where he can marry me and not feel judged by my children.

After an argument, I rushed home to my kids. As soon as they learned my fiance did not want them to come, they got very upset, especially Jane. She argued that he was being selfish by not allowing them to come and that I shouldn't have to take care of them at lunch because my husband and I wouldn't be expected to.

In the end, I said all of this to my husband, but he still said he had no intention of having children at the ceremony or lunch, and even said if it were up to him, we would never have children in our relationship. I got so angry that I saw nothing but red, and remember slamming the door in his face.

The next day I woke up and went to the cafe where my fiance stayed when he was upset, and tried to have a conversation with him, and he told me that there was nothing to talk about, as we would have our wedding, child-free, and dance and drink with our friends and family.

I told him I didn’t want to have a wedding without all the people I love just because he didn’t want kids there. They would be quiet and there wouldn’t be a problem with them being there. Also, it’s not like they’d be there for the dinner.

He got upset, and said that I needed to do a better job of seeing that marriage was not about my children, but about sharing our love for each other, and if I couldn't see that then my actions were unreasonable. I said maybe I’m not, and maybe we shouldn’t have the wedding or even be a couple. At this, he stormed out with a simple, “fine!”

Everyone is basically telling me I’m depriving my kids of a father, and wasting other people's time and money.

AITA?

A happy ending!

quote:

Ex-fiance. I ended everything with him.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I desperately need you to support me plowing your ex fiancée of 4 years weeks after you broke up

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
AITA for leaving my husband at the clinic and driving off?

quote:

Hello!

I f26 have been together with my husband Austin m35 for 3 years. He Wes married before me but divorced his ex wife because she couldn't have kids.

Eversince I became pregnant he did a complate 180°, he became obsessed by constantly watching my every move and breathing down my neck. He even hung photos of the sonogram!. He also came up with a list of what I'm allowed and not allowed to do, like not driving, not eating certain foods, not working but I stood my ground and continued working, also not wear high heels or watch certain shows or see family unless percausions were taken. It has been exhausting for me already but he has made it 10x worse.

Yesterday, he woke me up at 7am and said we had to go to the doctor, I asked why since I wasn't feeling sick and he said he just had a hunch and I had to skip work and go with him to the appointment just to make sure because he felt something was wrong. I said no but he went and called my boss and took the day off for me. I was just speechless but decided to just go to get it over with. We got there after he kept scolding me for things i did the night before that mightve caused a problem- but literally there was no problem. The doctor told us that but he asked her to check again and she did, he then asked her to check again then again...I couldn't take it when he asked her again, I just got up, took my bag and walked out and left him arguing with the doc. I got into the car and went home immediately. He kept calling then came home and started yelling at me for leaving in the middle of my "examination" and then leaving him at the clinic. I blew upand told him I couldn't stand his obsession anymore and that his paranoia made me feel paranoid and is beginning to affect my social life, mental and physical health and my livelihood. He looked at me then said that I hurt him with what I said and that he was just trying to make sure the baby was fine and I was being aggressive and irresponsible towards him AND the baby this entire time, he said I was acting like a neglectful mother when the baby isn't even here yet then left and turned his phone off. This morning he's acting distant and is expecting some sort of a apology for what I did.

AITA am I overreacting?

quote:

NTA. Your husband needs to see a mental health professional

OP posted:

He refused. He said that he was forced into going to therapy in the past and claimed it was just an attempt to get him to accept having to live without kids, he divorced his ex wife within 2 years of marriage despite knowing she had fertility problems

this guy's gonna be a great dad, i can tell

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
The only way that story could be worse is if Josh and the OP cheated and she got pregnant before they broke up.

edit: drat this thread is fast.

AITA For cutting my mum and sister out of my life?

quote:

So, the backstory, some 20+ years ago I met a girl who fell pregnant while we were together, my mum and sister never liked her, and the feeling was mutual, I walked away before my daughter was born due to it becoming really toxic and violent. I was the survivor. My mum even tried convincing me that my daughter wasn't actually mine, which I never bought into.

Fast forward 10 years, my ex contacted me out of the blue, very apologetic and remorseful, I forgave her, she told me everything about our little girl, and asked if I would like contact with her, with my daughters consent first. At the time my daughter said she wasn't yet ready, so I accepted her decision. I told my parents and sister about this, the response from my dad was positive, he was happy for me and hoped it worked out well, my mum and sister on the other hand were less than pleased, and they basically said, at the time, they both wanted nothing to do with my daughter at all because of who her mum is and still didn't believe that my daughter was actually mine. I've not spoken to them since.

In the past, and even now I've received messages from them both saying how I'm an a/hole, selfish, self-control, being petty etc for putting my daughter first and not thinking of their feelings.

So am I the a/hole?

I love how women just fall pregnant. It's like falling over a curb or down a well, this poo poo just happens sometimes, with no one else involved!

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Mar 27, 2022

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Foo Diddley posted:

AITA for leaving my husband at the clinic and driving off?

It's kind of sweet, the man just wants to take good care of his baby factory

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Finding out your partner is a lunatic specifically because you’re pregnant is a rough hand to draw.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Like at least you don’t by definition have any major commitments beyond at least having been over to his place when you find out your boyfriend has epic sword fights with the bros at this party urinal.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

your boyfriend has epic sword fights with the bros at this party urinal.

Thank you so much for that image.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Not hating on him I’m sure there’s a chick out there who has the exact intersection of kinks waiting for her urinal Prince

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

The Maroon Hawk posted:

It’s your wedding, but...no pictures? :raise:

I got married before smartphones, but what friends have told me is that they want their professional photos to be the first ones that get posted on social media for family/friends who couldn't make it to the wedding, not blurry/crappy phone pics.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
Ask Amy: ‘Best Of’ column goes to the dogs

quote:

Dear Amy: My sister recently lost her job. I let her and her 2-1/2-year-old daughter, “Mariah,’’ move in with me while she gets on her feet.

I have a 9-year-old toy poodle, and he’s gentle and great with children.

The problems began when Mariah started biting the dog.

My sister refuses to do anything about it. She says biting is a normal part of toddler-hood. I know she lets Mariah be rough with him when I’m not around to stop it.

I thought I had a system worked out — I made sure he was always with me when I was at home, and I put him in his crate when I was at work.

However, the last three days when I returned home, the dog was outside the crate. My sister admits that she let him out.

I understand this is a very hard time in her life, but something needs to be done. She refuses to cooperate or compromise. I don’t want anyone to get hurt. What can I do?

– Worried

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Cowslips Warren posted:

I love how women just fall pregnant. It's like falling over a curb or down a well, this poo poo just happens sometimes, with no one else involved!

Well you know how sometimes cheating is just an accident? When you have an accident you can just trip and fall pregnant.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Cowslips Warren posted:

The only way that story could be worse is if Josh and the OP cheated and she got pregnant before they broke up.

edit: drat this thread is fast.

birth control fails sometimes, typically in an unexpected manner

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

I got married before smartphones, but what friends have told me is that they want their professional photos to be the first ones that get posted on social media for family/friends who couldn't make it to the wedding, not blurry/crappy phone pics.

Yeah. And I know this thread is naturally slanted against people having weddings with conditions, but the no pictures thing makes a lot of sense. I have a friend who had a great wedding, and they hired a good, expensive photographer. But almost every picture has his aunt in it, crowding out other guests, taking pictures on her massive phone and basically being obnoxious. Yes, she is an amateur photographer who volunteered to take pictures and brought her camera anyway after being told no. And no, they never did see any of the pictures she took

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Guildenstern Mother posted:

That's what I'm saying, just be as vague as possible and just nod along with whatever nonsense she starts spouting, don't even engage with it on any level than "I'm sure you know what's best for your artistic vision". Its frustrating because he sees it as a belittlement of his work, but since his stated goal is to keep this from exploding while also not going crazy it seems like his best option is aggressively passive behavior.

I'm just expecting her to also lose it when she fails and decide to blame OP since OP works in the industry. Maybe I am overthinking it.

Dr. Stab posted:

The brain isn't fully formed until 120 years old.

Idk why parents are like this but my parents tend to get really upset when they ask for help with their computers. Just having a freak out about every little thing I do and sometimes getting so worked up they make me stop before I've fixed the problem. It can be really frustrating.

Imagine this: I'm trying to fix a computer. I have determined that it's a hardware problem, so it can't be fixed immediately. Granddad asks what's taking so long. I tell him this. He doesn't understand. I say the problem is with the physical parts, it's not something I can fix on the keyboard. He decides he's being talked down to, flips out at me, and screams that he's an engineer and "forgot more about computers than you'll ever know!"

I look over at his computer: a still-functioning Commodore 64. The computer I am working on runs Windows 7.

Pookah posted:

Old people think computers don't run on any logic whatsoever, so their brains turn the gently caress off when they see a computer. My mom is capable of learning, so I'd sometimes explain things out loud as I fixed hers and she was always shocked that things had logic. Haven't had to fix hers in years. I wish every old person could manage to learn that relatively easily.

I think it happens at a specific level of computer complexity, judging by my granddad's Commodore.

HellOnEarth posted:

AITA For Cancelling My Wedding Because My Fiance Wanted a Child-Free Wedding?

Everyone is basically telling me I’m depriving my kids of a father, and wasting other people's time and money.

WHAT loving FATHER? Does this sound like a father???