Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rarity posted:

No one tell this guy about Kenny :ohdear:

I'm sure he knows because Cornette never shuts up about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Here's hoping AEW Botches tweets a gif or video of Kenny doing something in New Japan.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Alaois posted:

Oh no Mike

Oh no indeed

https://twitter.com/mkurtz91/status/1497761812326060037?s=20&t=h7txAUeaOYt1REsCRyOWqA

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

mike kurtz heel turn

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
turn left mike nooo

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Don’t worry, Mike Kurtz is going to inject Brad Shepard with a lethal dose of poison

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
You can tell who the fake fans are in this thread because they don't understand what it means to be controversial.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
what in the world

https://twitter.com/btsportwwe/status/1508130017812922377

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

It was two VHS tapes

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the feller really likes tournaments

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

TV Zombie posted:

gently caress AEWbotches

I'm all about AEWsasquatches now

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

sticklefifer posted:

I'm all about AEWsasquatches now

Yeah the Butcher is awesome

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I've never heard of anyone ranking 4 high at all let alone number 1

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

wrestlemania 4 came on two vhs tapes thus it was twice as wrestlemania as the others

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Report just in: turns out wrestling was at its best when you specifically were 8 years old

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Rarity posted:

Report just in: turns out wrestling was at its best when you specifically were 8 years old

On the one hand, this was wrestling when I was 8 years old.

On the other hand, we sure did think it was awesome. But I also think AEW in 2022 is awesome and is probably objectively better.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I like lists that have weird options; it’s a lot more interesting to discuss the thinking behind Manias 4 and 9 being on that list than if he just posted the cookie cutter “Best Wrestlemanias” list. Especially since it’s all the old ones so people that think current WWE is great are confused.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Finding out recently that Bundy got let go during his 1980s run because he took on an advertising job for a computer company without getting Vince's blessing or giving Vince the cut he felt Bundy owed him was certainly something. Turns out he was always shaking down his talent, not just when they started making money on Twitch.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The best Wrestlemania ever is Crown Jewel

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

IceAgeComing posted:

I like lists that have weird options; it’s a lot more interesting to discuss the thinking behind Manias 4 and 9 being on that list than if he just posted the cookie cutter “Best Wrestlemanias” list. Especially since it’s all the old ones so people that think current WWE is great are confused.

I would probably put 9 on my list but it's purely on nostalgia. Most of the Wrestlemanias I saw by renting the tape from my local video store, but my aunt got me Wrestlemania IX so I watched that so many loving times that even the garbage is seared in my brain as cool. It is absolute garbage from any objective perspective but Money Inc vs Hogan & Beefcake is in my brain like it's Kobashi & Kikuchi vs the CanAms. Nostalgia is a hell of a narcotic.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Worth noting that if they were still numbering Wrestlemanias, the one next weekend would be 37.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Shard posted:

I've never heard of anyone ranking 4 high at all let alone number 1

I love Mania 4 but I was also 4 when it happened so that's probably a big part of it. The show itself is not great because of a lot of lackluster tournament matches, but I love the battle royal and Bret's face turn plus Macho winning the belt. It also has Demolition vs Strike Force and those are 2 of my favorite teams.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

They honestly should have cut the tournament to 8 men (if they were insistent on having one):

Hogan
Andre

DiBiase
Steamboat

Savage
Rude

One Man Gang
Duggan

Then have Hogan/Andre go out as a double DQ, giving DiBiase a bye into the final. Have Savage have rough time with Rude, then barely make it by Gang (who beats Duggan easily). Then Savage barely gets by Gang into the final.

Or do something where it's like DiBiase versus Greg Valentine, but then DiBiase pays him to take a countout loss, so DiBiase goes straight to the final.

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Mar 28, 2022

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/itsbradshepard/status/1508148471479652354?s=21&t=UuTmFm6bKVkV0j-A1PqZog

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

What’s a black news channel?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Thinking about that time Brad called everyone idiot morons or whatever and then told us to go out of our way to listen to his podcast to find out just HOW stupid he thinks we are.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Skios posted:

Finding out recently that Bundy got let go during his 1980s run because he took on an advertising job for a computer company without getting Vince's blessing or giving Vince the cut he felt Bundy owed him was certainly something. Turns out he was always shaking down his talent, not just when they started making money on Twitch.

Something similar happened with Sgt Slaughter and the GI JOE deal too

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Duke Pukem posted:

Something similar happened with Sgt Slaughter and the GI JOE deal too

And Jesse Ventura and a video game

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Worth noting that if they were still numbering Wrestlemanias, the one next weekend would be 37.
38, actually.

History Comes Inside! posted:

What’s a black news channel?
A cable network launched in 2020 that Shad Khan put money into, and now apparently does not want to put any more money into.

One of the big differences between the XFL and The Black News Network is that Vince McMahon was both the owner and chief executive/spokesperson for the XFL while simultaneously being the primary owner/chief executive for the WWE.

Shad Khan invested $50M into a company, does not appear to have any day-to-day involvement with the Black News Channel. He actually doesn't seem to have any day-to-day involvement with AEW either, but it' the same thing I guess.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
"venture capitalist doesn't see return on investment, pulls funding and people lose their jobs" drat if only these people actually cared about that instead of using this as a whataboutism in an imagined war over who their favorite and least racist billioniare wrestling company owner is

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Does Shad nominally own AEW? I know Tony made a big deal out of the fact that he owns ROH outright under his own name (or a company under his own name, to be more specific).

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Gaz-L posted:

Does Shad nominally own AEW? I know Tony made a big deal out of the fact that he owns ROH outright under his own name (or a company under his own name, to be more specific).

He put money into the initial startup and is listed as a co-owner with Tony, but is otherwise hands off

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

"venture capitalist doesn't see return on investment, pulls funding and people lose their jobs" drat if only these people actually cared about that instead of using this as a whataboutism in an imagined war over who their favorite and least racist billioniare wrestling company owner is

You forgot 'massive expensive legal case hanging over the channel' as part of why you would want to bail.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Gaz-L posted:

Shad just wanted to see his car collection on tv

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Shad appeared in-ring at the first Fight for the Fallen.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the distinction of roh being owned by tony and that being notable for him to clarify was only that it's not owned by the aew company

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Cavauro posted:

the distinction of roh being owned by tony and that being notable for him to clarify was only that it's not owned by the aew company

Coward Tony going to leave the sinking AEW ship to his father

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

ROH gonna get AEW Tony Khan and AEW is gonna end up with the Jaguars/ Fulham F.c Tony Khan

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

SatoshiMiwa posted:

ROH gonna get AEW Tony Khan and AEW is gonna end up with the Jaguars/ Fulham F.c Tony Khan

AEW could benefit from impact Tony Khan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Re-checking last page and so many deleted tweets.