Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

I'm sure Danzig is still available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Flying Zamboni posted:

I'm sure Danzig is still available.

Wouldn't work, he'd ask to be on stilts

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Martman posted:

Get a more accurate Wolverine, and then have Jackman play Cyclops instead. And like, douchebag team captain Cyclops, not emo teacher's pet Cyclops

I still want Michael Biehn to be Cyclops even now that it's not like 1999 or whenever I first started wanting that.

Like someone who can do the stoic leader thing but also really easily go from vulnerable/seeming overwhelmed to selling Uh yeah this guy is ABSOLUTELY the leader of THE X-MEN outside of the school

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Mar 26, 2022

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Shanty posted:

Well no one's going to top him for that kind of take on the character. So they have to go for something completely different this time around. A short, hairy king. Let's go, bub.

I sincerely wish Bob Hoskins was still alive because I think he'd have a fantastic rendition of Wolverine.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Danny Devito is still around

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

what about Beetlejuice?

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Honestly, I think my preference is that Wolverine is just his own thing in the MCU. Like he's X-men adjacent, but not a full team member. Partially because I don't him to overshadow things, but I would like the team to be more teen/early twenties oriented.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I do not want the team to be Teen-Young Adult oriented so much have some members who may be that. I want them all adults.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

Sex doesn't exist in the MCU

It used to, thousands of years ago. Which is the one good the The Eternals did establish.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Jack O'Connell would be a good Wolverine. Maybe too young? I dunno. He's a great actor though, imo.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Danny McBride Wolverine and Walton Goggins Sabertooth.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Neo Rasa posted:

Like someone who can do the stoic leader thing but also really easily go from vulnerable/seeming overwhelmed to selling Uh yeah this guy is ABSOLUTELY the leader of THE X-MEN outside of the school

James Marsden already did that, he just didn't get enough material to work with.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Flying Zamboni posted:

Danny McBride Wolverine and Walton Goggins Sabertooth.

Buff Danny McBride would own actually, I'm down. I feel like Goggins would be wasted on Sabertooth though.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Timothy Olyphant as Logan and Goggins as

...super powered Boyd Crowder

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Buff Seth Rogen as Wolverine.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Does Wolverine have to work out to get those monster thighs or is it a side effect of his healing factor/anger?

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Burkion posted:

Danny Devito is still around

Not Canadian enough. Rick Moranis.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Just realising that a good chunk of Rocket Raccoon's MCU characterisation is basically being Wolverine.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Cast James Rolfe, the angry video game nerd, as wolverine

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Just realising that a good chunk of Rocket Raccoon's MCU characterisation is basically being Wolverine.

Sure, but then there’s Winter Soldier.

He’s from a secret Cold War-era military program to make a super soldier, using a fictitious metal prosthetic and a battery of hyper-traumatic medical experiments, that turns the subject into a dehumanized antihero with PTSD and selective amnesia.

Of course, it’s HYDRA who made him. The secret Nazis in Siberia, not the US military-industrial apparatus. Because Marvel: brought to you by Northrop-Grumman and the US Air Force. We’re the good guys!

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Cast James Rolfe, the angry video game nerd, as wolverine

this, tbh

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Xealot posted:

He’s from a secret Cold War-era military program to make a super soldier, using a fictitious metal prosthetic and a battery of hyper-traumatic medical experiments, that turns the subject into a dehumanized antihero with PTSD and selective amnesia.

Of course, it’s HYDRA who made him. The secret Nazis in Siberia, not the US military-industrial apparatus. Because Marvel: brought to you by Northrop-Grumman and the US Air Force. We’re the good guys!

The real funny thing is that Wolverine has been frequently shown to have fought alongside Captain America in WW2; in X-Men Evolution he's even shown personally rescuing a young Magneto from a concentration camp. I dunno if it's ever been a thing that Cap objects to one of his fellow veterans being subject to horrific experiments violating his body and mind.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The real funny thing is that Wolverine has been frequently shown to have fought alongside Captain America in WW2; in X-Men Evolution he's even shown personally rescuing a young Magneto from a concentration camp. I dunno if it's ever been a thing that Cap objects to one of his fellow veterans being subject to horrific experiments violating his body and mind.

I'm not sure it's super nailed down when Logan and the others were put through Weapon X but it was probably post WW2 anyway, so Cap was probably on ice when it happened.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

"Do I look like Captain Canada to you?!"

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Xealot posted:

You are aware that in the comics the Winter Soldier was created and used by the Russians and has never at any time been a product of the US military-industrial complex beyond Bucky Barnes having served in the US Army during World War 2?

BiggestBatman
Aug 23, 2018

Jedit posted:

You are aware that in the comics the Winter Soldier was created and used by the Russians and has never at any time been a product of the US military-industrial complex beyond Bucky Barnes having served in the US Army during World War 2?

he,s talking about weapon x being mili-indi-compli adjacent

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Xavier: So, Logan, will you join our X-Men?
Wolvie: X-Men!? I'd rather eat a banana made of poo poo and slip on the peel and fall onto a rusty spike made of ASSSSSS bones!!!

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Wolvie: X-Men!? I'd rather eat a banana made of poo poo and slip on the peel and fall onto a rusty spike made of ASSSSSS bones, Bub!!!

Fixed

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Wolvie: X-Men!? I'd rather eat a banana made of poo poo and slip on the peel and fall onto a rusty spike made of ASSSSSS bones!!!

or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr8tgJPMiBM

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."

hiddenriverninja posted:

Does Wolverine have to work out to get those monster thighs or is it a side effect of his healing factor/anger?

Wolverine is 5'3 but weighs 300 pounds due to his metal skeleton. He needs those thighs to get out of bed in the morning.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

MCU Wolverine should be played by an actual wolverine.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Jedit posted:

I am aware that Disney-Marvel, the large media corporation with numerous tie-ins to the actual US military, prefers this aspect to Winter Soldier’s backstory, yes.

My point is that Wolverine differs in that he is explicitly connected to the US military-industrial apparatus, making him a way more contentious figure. Weapon X is basically just a black ops program undertaken by some sort of PMC, managed by ex-military guys if not explicitly government-sanctioned.

HYDRA is convenient because it’s this external cancer you can blame. They’re secret Nazis and bad guys, etc. etc.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
It’s been a while since I read comics but wasn’t the Weapon X program based in Canada?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Wrap it up, Spider-Manailures.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Edward Mass posted:

Wrap it up, Spider-Manailures.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Pillowpants posted:

It’s been a while since I read comics but wasn’t the Weapon X program based in Canada?

In the movies Weapon X is an American black ops program.

In the comics it's an international organization funded and supported by most of the western countries as a form of mutant control and elimination. Captain American was Weapon I.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Isn't Canada's government ludicrously evil in the comics? Not just for weapon X, but a whole list of things.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Charlz Guybon posted:

Isn't Canada's government ludicrously evil in the comics? Not just for weapon X, but a whole list of things.

Sure, but the US government in the comics has been producing giant genocide robots since the 60s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Xealot posted:

I am aware that Disney-Marvel, the large media corporation with numerous tie-ins to the actual US military, prefers this aspect to Winter Soldier’s backstory, yes.

My point is that Wolverine differs in that he is explicitly connected to the US military-industrial apparatus, making him a way more contentious figure. Weapon X is basically just a black ops program undertaken by some sort of PMC, managed by ex-military guys if not explicitly government-sanctioned.

Then your point is garbage. Wolverine is second only to Spider-Man in popularity among Marvel characters in both movies and comics, and they already actively changed Peter Parker's backstory to link him with the MIC. If they'd change their most popular character in that way, what on Earth makes you think they'd not leave another character's existing MIC connections intact?

Marvel have never wanted Winter Soldier in the MCU more than they wanted Wolverine, and certainly not just because Winter Soldier's backstory is a nicer fit for their corporate allies. They just didn't have the rights.