Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Buck Wildman posted:

I found out about this via twitter lol at actually watching the oscars

I saw it on a Japanese fan cam

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Everyone gets a little armband for their weight class/age/combat abilities. Anyone in the same class you can just go to town on.

If Zack Snyder wanted to make headlines, he should use his bro physique to suplex someone.

Trixie Hardcore posted:

What I want to know is who is slapping who next year? I hoping Timothée Chalamet slaps Jude Law.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Buck Wildman posted:

I found out about this via twitter lol at actually watching the oscars

I saw it in the loving Ukraine war thread.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
thrilled at seeing people who were yesterday saying we should nuke russia are now saying slaps are illegal put him in jail

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The Ukraine Invasion/Will Smith war memes are going to be so wild.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I think Will Smith should slap Putin next, there I've said it

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

lol at ryan gosling being the only dude to react appropriately to this apparently

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I think Will Smith should slap Putin next, there I've said it

DeeEndDee/GeeBeeEss -ishly: You Commie Z-spammer, I bet you think Will Smith should also slap -my lord and savior- Comedian turned president turned western-culture warrior: Volodymyr Zelenskyy, TOO HUHN.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
its a loving pageantry of something that's ascended to the eikonosphere for the masses to care about the plight of extremely rich pedophiles

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

ymgve posted:

does archer fall into a different animation category too

Archer is specifically using the style of Sealab 2021, which is of course that of Sealab 2020- the Filmation animation style that's infamously limited and heavily recycled animation with realistically proportioned humans on an obvious shoestring budget. It's the studio's own style and rather an outlier.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

Buck Wildman posted:

lol at ryan gosling being the only dude to react appropriately to this apparently

p sure that's from the la la land "win"

but yes, he had the only correct reaction on that night

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Mola Yam posted:

p sure that's from the la la land "win"

i forgot about that horseshit

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
i shant be looking up anything about what a bunch of rich pedophiles said, but best pictures:

Green knight
Dune
Last Duel

other good movies were Benedetta, Last Night in Soho, and Pig. nicholas cage is of course best actor of the year for the 25th straight year.

Nightmare Alley had best sets and costuming.

only documentary i saw was beanie mania so i guess that wins by default.

overall 2021 was a pretty good year in cinema. felt like a pretty bad year for tv but i guess there's station eleven which was enjoyable enough but also nothing close to must-watch.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

raised by wolves was fun imo but I'm a sucker for ridley scott

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

by sheer virtue of limited watching best animated films of the year for me would be either The House or Mad God but what do I know

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

CODA is actually the worst possible pick for best picture so I'm glad the slap is gonna be what everyone remembers about the Oscars this year

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I haven't seen last duel yet but Green Knight and dune were some real snoozers

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Good soup! posted:

I'm dying lmao

:sickos:

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Some Guy TT posted:

huh id heard that theyd made a movie about the dad of the williams sisters but i didnt realize will smith played the dad and also that it was supposed to be award bait

did you miss the professional take industry all go "only our society would turn a story about two exceptional women into a man's accomplishment" completely ignoring that it was the william sisters themselves who created the movie?

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

To anyone going "lol gi jane what is that / who remembers that / what an obscure joke" are you like 23? I feel like anyone who was growing up in the end of the 90s had an awareness of what GI Jane was and saw it made fun of enough at the time that it's just back of your mind cultural osmosis at this point.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Good soup! posted:

I'm dying lmao

I’m bottom right cracking up

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Cael posted:

To anyone going "lol gi jane what is that / who remembers that / what an obscure joke" are you like 23? I feel like anyone who was growing up in the end of the 90s had an awareness of what GI Jane was and saw it made fun of enough at the time that it's just back of your mind cultural osmosis at this point.

esp for an event involving a bunch of last millenium stuff like rock, smith, jada, denzel, tv awards shows, things mattering

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Cael posted:

no i mean like the punchline checks out it just sucks?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Cael posted:

GI Jane is the cornerstone of Western/Judeochristian culture.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
We need to bring back pelting with rotten produce, or at least the comically large hook

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Jesus Christ, I live in America, in general I know what we're like, and even still I'm loving shocked how everyone, everyone's reaction to a loving slap is "VIOLENCE! Dear me, call the police and have that brute arrested!"

It might an instinctual reaction to wanting a rich person to face consequences for something they’ve done

but yeah lmao

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

oh man is that why it's called a punchline

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

ashton kutcher must be in shambles realizing he missed his chance for relevancy today

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
well at least maybe this is the end of gi jane bits

also jeez is that why they call it a punchline?

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

you’re right, he should have said she looked like the stranger things chick and then implied drake wanted to gently caress her

actually yeah that would have been better

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Cael posted:

you’re right, he should have said she looked like the stranger things chick and then implied drake wanted to gently caress her

exactly lol. even if it crosses the line into making fun of something about someone's appearance they can't control, there's about a thousand better jokes you can make about that than just plugging in a reference to a movie with had a woman with a shaved head.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Cael posted:

just imply that drake would want to gently caress her now, and let everyone there sit confused until one of them reads a tweet explaining the joke

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Chris rock is just another comedian that got too rich and became too detached from the world to be good at comedy anymore, his awareness of the world stops in the mid 2000s

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Agean90 posted:

Chris rock is just another comedian that got too rich and became too detached from the world to be good at comedy anymore, his awareness of the world stops in the mid 2000s

also because the Oscar writers are writing to the only people watching live broadcasts of award shows, Olds.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Can we at least all agree that if Rock apologizes in any way, his "dudes rock" status is revoked?

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
it's pretty hard to feel anything great about the guy who beseechingly passed out Scientology pamphlets at his wrap parties even if he did get a good hit on a stand up comic

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

A Buttery Pastry posted:

just imply that drake would want to gently caress her now, and let everyone there sit confused until one of them reads a tweet explaining the joke

tambourine was good. nobody hosting the Oscars is funny, not even Chris Rock

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Robo Reagan posted:

thrilled at seeing people who were yesterday saying we should nuke russia are now saying slaps are illegal put him in jail

drat that's hosed up, good thing I never said to nuke Russia

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
Much more topical bald women he could have referenced like Amber Rose or Danai Gurira

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

ymgve posted:

have you heard about this far away country called japan and their japanimation

Tite Kubo posted:

Q73:
Between Rangiku, Orihime, Yoruichi, Harribel, Unohana, Isane, Nelliel and Noel, who has the largest chest size?
A73:
I think I probably draw Nelliel visualizing her as the most well endowed one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Koirhor posted:

It might an instinctual reaction to wanting a rich person to face consequences for something they’ve done

but yeah lmao

Not at all lmao it's cause Will Smith is black