Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Used the gems from the N/R event to finally build myself a third deck, went with Fluffals this time.

Holy poo poo I love this deck but it absolutely breaks my brain to play it. There's no real clear flowchart, just sort of a vague board-feel and I have lost so many times because of stupid misplays (including once to an Exodia FTK that I absolutely could have stopped :negative:)

Only real issue is that I'm starting to run into 50% burn OTK decks which means its not really fun to play? Might take a break for a while because I am so sick of D.D. Dynamite and Banquet of Millions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
This might not be the biggest help to you, but if you run only 13 cards in your Extra Deck the bots will concede instantly against you. Friend got to plat from Gold I off two consecutive DD decks scooping once they saw they couldn't FTK.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yeah those guys are bots to farm the tiny amount of gems you get from ladder.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTUIzYaEd2k

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Zodack posted:

This might not be the biggest help to you, but if you run only 13 cards in your Extra Deck the bots will concede instantly against you. Friend got to plat from Gold I off two consecutive DD decks scooping once they saw they couldn't FTK.

Oof, yeah I could easily cut like 5 extra deck cards out of my dino deck but Fluffals and my Synchron deck already feel stretched for space there. I'm in Plat 1 already so its not like I need to rank climb, its just annoying when I'm mostly trying to figure out this new deck.

Playing rogue decks is definitely the easiest way to get Plat because so many people don't read cards.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I'm in the same boat with a few of my decks. I can cut dupes, sure, but... Sometimes I need those.

Speaking of deck building, is there a decent Generaider setup that doesn't require me to whale out on the Wind Bell Witch line or whatever they are? I've got all the Generaider stuff I need, just need some backbone.

My other decks are a splash of Mekk Knight+Crusadia, earth machines, Shaddoll, and the Invoked engine for where I need it.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
Anyone got any experience with Ancient Warriors? I am thinking of trying the N/R version and maybe crafting the full deck if I enjoy it. I know its not meta, but seems like it can pull off some stuff second turn?

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Zodack posted:

My other decks are a splash of Mekk Knight+Crusadia, earth machines, Shaddoll, and the Invoked engine for where I need it.

Speaking of Invoked, where is the Invoked engine good and why?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Speaking of Ancient Warriors, why does do Tri-Brigade decks use Double Dragon Lords when it looks like the deck can't even summon it? What am I missing?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The activated ability of any maindeck Tri-brigade monster can summon it.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

AweStriker posted:

Speaking of Invoked, where is the Invoked engine good and why?

Where is it? Its in the Mekk-Knights and the Shaddoll decks. Mechaba is good, some of the other guys are usually good. The Mekk-Knights Crusadia runs just one Aleister/Mechaba/Raidjin?(flip guy) that comes in handy every now and then.

Earth machines don't have him of course, that would be silly.

Some of it is just resources from what I had building Invoked Shaddoll Dogmatika as my second deck to ladder and then doing more deck building and realizing including the Invoked dudes meant I didn't have to craft a bunch of other UR stuff to fill out the other half of a deck

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Invoked is a fairly a small package which gives you a strong normal summon. It can be a negate or a powerful battle phase monster so it's versatile, and it recurs so you it gives you some staying power in a long game.

Tends to go in decks that don't have their own normal summon, and which have incidental synergy (like the Dogmatika/Shadoll mix).

Irony Be My Shield fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Mar 25, 2022

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
The answer to "when should I add the Invoked engine to my deck" is two-part.

1) Can you make your normal plays without using your Normal Summon?
2) Do you have 2-4 spare slots in your Extra Deck?

If you answered yes to both of those questions, Aleister the Invoker may be right for you.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy

Touchdown Boy posted:

Anyone got any experience with Ancient Warriors? I am thinking of trying the N/R version and maybe crafting the full deck if I enjoy it. I know its not meta, but seems like it can pull off some stuff second turn?

I play AW/Eldlich ranked and have had fun so far with them in N/R! Here's my list:

https://www.masterduelmeta.com/saved-decks/623ba1231523283383a0bbec

Their biggest strengths here are their ability to swarm, their recovery, a searchable search spell and ability to clear boards. And they have decently high attack to boot. I'm not landing any OTK's, but I can generally end the board on at least one big guy, a S/T negate, and at least one battle trick.

Zhang Yuan was originally my build-around. Turning MST's into Twin Twisters is really powerful and you can pop cards on your opponent's turn. I also decided on double cyclone because I wanted something that would be live on both turns and you can plus off of 3 Visits and Borrowing Arrows. You can also chain it to MST, targeting it to not lose an additional card. And of course it doesn't negate but you still pop activated Spells and the have Yuan pop a monster. Also, technically a hand trap.

Zhuge Kong is your negate. You want to search him so he can SS himself. You can run 1 but this guy is always glued to my hand. And it's not terrible having another normal to search off of 3 Visits.

Tensu is like a better double summon. You retain your normal summon even if it leaves the field so ideally you summon Zhou Gong; pitch it for 3 Visits; and summon another guy and get your search. Its effortless to get 2 guys on the field so Zhang De is rarely a brick.

Anchamoufrite is the most unusual thing on my list. I'm just not impressed with the Rank 4 and 7 pool. Like the only neat thing is Odd-Eyes Vortex Dragon off of popping your own Abdolute Dragon. AW's can brick since we run so many S/T's, so this guy helps. Also gives us a free 1900 body to get more damage in or a tribute for Zhang Yuan if desperate.

If you want to use the ED you can add Three Trolling Trolls and another Zhang De. Maybe run Lightning Vortex or Hand Destruction to get your guys in the grave.

No Kaiju because we can no longer Kaiju Bounce, but maybe run them if you're getting a lot of Dragublion turbo, which this can out but is hard.

Edit:

Forgot to mention but you can cut the traps or run whichever you prefer. I like Fog Blade because it's a negate but you can also use it to wall up. As a continuous trap, you can then sack it with your strategists.

Iserlohn fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Mar 25, 2022

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
Wow nice one, will check it out. Thanks for the write up! The deck seems like a blast.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

I found another stupid NR deck. Subterrors. No Guru or field spell sucks, obviously, but all but one of the main deck Behemoths are playable, and you've got plenty of multipurpose starters in Tsukuyomi, Mahjong Munia Maidens, and a card I'd never even heard of before looking for N/R Earth Flip monsters: Reversible Beetle. It's a much better answer for Link monsters than my previous choice, Golem Sentry. I might cut Cave Clash, though, it's a little clunky, and I don't have trouble beating over things with Speleogeist.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Mar 26, 2022

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

you haven't bricked until you've bricked like this babyyyyyyyyy

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Dabir posted:

you haven't bricked until you've bricked like this babyyyyyyyyy

I copied someone's Trains/Infinitrack earth machines NR deck foolishly thinking it was okay and let me tell you that thing BRICKS

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The brick v brick games are the funniest imo

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Jesus, you lot weren't kidding about the dark magician loaner deck. Unmitigated dogshit.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Irony Be My Shield posted:

The brick v brick games are the funniest imo

https://youtu.be/DZyveHGupYw?t=30

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Dabir posted:

Jesus, you lot weren't kidding about the dark magician loaner deck. Unmitigated dogshit.

Wait until you see the Silent-Gadget-Magnet abomination

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
This is mine.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Ha, just had someone use Super Hippo Carnival in their own main phase, so I chained Och and summoned Garlandolf. Nuked the lot as soon as they arrived.

E: Looks like their deck was some kind of Leeching the Light Kaiju turbo build and they drew really badly. The only Kaiju I saw was their singleton Radian.

Dabir fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Mar 26, 2022

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Decided to go with Cyber Dragons for N/R and its pretty good so far aside from Metalfoes. Haven't played any other machine decks yet, which is disappointing

Invoked Cyber Dragons is apparently A Thing, so that's something to build towards after the festival

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I've been tweaking a Timelord deck over the festival, basically stealing every good idea I see other Timelord decks using. Which doesn't happen often, I feel like people aren't fond of decks that have 'bore your opponent to death' as one of their win conditions.

At this point I have a few different wincons running in parallel:
1. Summon Phantasm Emperor Trilojig if possible, people kinda struggle to out a 4k beater in N/R format. This also sets up for Infinite Light if you draw Empty Machine.
2. Michion and Raphion eat most of the opponent's life points, enough for various other burns to do them in.
3. Bleed them dry of resources and LP over the long term with Cauldron of the Old Man and the various control-centric Timelords.

The struggle is that for a long-haul control archetype, Timelords struggle to gain card advantage, so you are really reliant on your starting hand giving you something to work with and then topdecks keeping you going; few searches and no real draw power mean that unless your opponent bricks you're not gonna have more than two cards to play with at any one time.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Imho as someone who play timelord offensively, those three timelord’s trap are not worth using. Even in pure timelord deck itself.

Timelord need other engine to ultilize and overcome their weakness. Currently in N/R, I am using them with subterror, and timelord are surprisingly compatible via becoming resources for flip searcher and having stronger staying power on the field face down.

Things to know:
Timelord going to graveyard is a good thing.
Flipping them down will keep them on the field.
Two timelord on the field is the worst scenario for your opponent. The archtype’s system itself worked really hard to restrict this from easily happening after all.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Mar 27, 2022

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Just did a half-hour-long N/R duel, Vampires vs. Majespecters, where the Majespecter player almost beat me by deckout.

That was...intense.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
This deck just had a bad time against my Evil Twins. I can't figure out what the win condition actually is, just annoying the opponent into surrendering?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Ardeem posted:

This deck just had a bad time against my Evil Twins. I can't figure out what the win condition actually is, just annoying the opponent into surrendering?

It's an anti meta stun deck, meant to prevent most decks from special summoning and clearing any threats they can put on the board easily, and then poking for damage bit by bit.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Nyaa posted:

Imho as someone who play timelord offensively, those three timelord’s trap are not worth using. Even in pure timelord deck itself.

Timelord need other engine to ultilize and overcome their weakness. Currently in N/R, I am using them with subterror, and timelord are surprisingly compatible via becoming resources for flip searcher and having stronger staying power on the field face down.

Things to know:
Timelord going to graveyard is a good thing.
Flipping them down will keep them on the field.
Two timelord on the field is the worst scenario for your opponent. The archtype’s system itself worked really hard to restrict this from easily happening after all.

Yeah, I can definitely feel all of that. Timelords are a bit funny in N/R, because their core is pretty obviously and comfortably there, but the fact they can't easily maintain field presence and dig for their power cards means that they need something else to help them. They are BEGGING for some Pot cards, but in a format where those don't exist you work with what you can fit in. What I found I could fit in were cards for extended board presence and some extra burn tools.

As good as getting two Timelords on the field is, I actually had to remove their main tool for making that happen, Celestial Transformation, because the moment you leave the early turns when you might have multiple Timelords in hand at once then it's just a brick. You don't need a card to get multiple Timelords on the field when you're struggling to get one Timelord on the field. Book of Moon and Compulse are the things you really want to draw. (Or, y'know, actual Timelords, but you don't exactly get to fill the deck with those guys.)

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Mar 27, 2022

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Cleretic posted:

As good as getting two Timelords on the field is, I actually had to remove their main tool for making that happen, Celestial Transformation,
I agree with this, holy poo poo, this card brick really hard on Timelord deck for some reason. Almost not worth packing it for the otk in regular.

quote:

You don't need a card to get multiple Timelords on the field when you're struggling to get one Timelord on the field.
The answer is Junk Sleep. This card deserve more than N rarity. Also a free flip each turn for any deck that use flip, it's insanely good.

Also, you suppose to xyz when you got two timelord otherwise. Into those spiders in N/R, or trains in regular.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Two new packs coming to Master Duel on 4/4, the previously leaked Despia and Wind/Synchro packs:

quote:

Ruler’s Mask: Despia, Magikey, Gunkan; SR {{Dramaturge}}, UR {{Quaeritis}}, UR {{Iris Swordsoul}}, UR {{Venemy}}, UR {{ME-PSY-YA}}

quote:

Beyond Speed: Speedroid, Majestic, Fleur; UR {{Shooting Majestic}}, UR {{Crystal Clear Wing}}, UR {{Baronne}}, UR {{Clear Wing Rider}}, UR {{Wolfrayet}}

I am so loving hyped to finally be getting the Wind pack, y'all don't even know.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
I was kinda hoping for Suships myself.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Ardeem posted:

They're in the first pack. They're probably going to be low rarity too.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Ardeem posted:

Gunkan is Suship.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

hell yeah, magikey was a deck archetype ive had set to the side for whenever it came to master duel, itll probably be yet another half-built deck i sit on for the next month while i finish the ones i already have :v:

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Vandar posted:

They're in the first pack. They're probably going to be low rarity too.

Lord_Magmar posted:

Gunkan is Suship.

Awesome!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
finally got back into YGO after checking out post-Arc-V, downloaded Master Duel and I can't wait to play Ghostricks again!

Now let me take a big long drink of this hot coffee as I read the details of how Link Monsters work

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Lol. You're at least due some pretty good new Ghostrick support at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
Even on the back half of the N/R event, people still show their rear end against Timelords. A Pendulum player with a primarily Odd-Eyes Vortex Dragon-based plan conned themselves into giving me infinite board presence by negating Lazion's effect every time it turned up, on either turn.

Timelords are a perfect trap for people who don't read cards.