Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I personally don't like the OS or controller but everything else about it is fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
No gamepads is the biggest fail literally ever.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

sponges posted:

What don’t you like about it? Honestly, the only reason I ordered an Xbox is I couldn’t find a ps5
The PS5 has no games, amongst numerous other faults.

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
Nor any game pass

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
'Tis a fail console

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I recently got a switch again after selling one pre-pandemic and using switch/8 bit do controllers has reminded me that xbox makes the most comfortable controller. I cant never use a PS4/5 controller, or any controller, with the left stick where it is because it gives me RSI if I play for more than an hour.

i know the switch pro controller is considered the best one but honestly I just want an xbox knock off controller for switch.

e: maybe not even cos im mostly just playing Mario Golf with my friends.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

switch controller also has the reality defying battery life

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Switch Pro is comfy and has a physics defying battery but the shoulder buttons are mushy and the dpad is atrocious.

The Series controller is like ever so slightly too small for me to really use comfortably but the new dpad automatically rockets it to best controller ever made status.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Elite is the best controller.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

The Sean posted:

Elite is the best controller.

yeah if it didn't break so often it really would be

alas the perfect controller still doesn't exist!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Dualsense is either too big or too oddly shaped. Only controller to give me a hand cramp, something not even joycons or the 3DS do

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm sure the Elite is great but I'm not the class of gamer that can conceive of spending $180 on a controller. $36 Target special for me please.

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

Quantum of Phallus posted:

also the way you can't record voices in a video clip loving sucks

This is actually a legit technical limitation; The voice mix is done on a per user basis, you can actually have different players (in splitscreen) have different voice permissions to different players, so you hear different things. There's basically no way for the DVR to account for that because the audio has to be user independent.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

American McGay posted:

I'm sure the Elite is great but I'm not the class of gamer that can conceive of spending $180 on a controller. $36 Target special for me please.

I watched a guide video which pointed out that it's perfect as a gift because you generally like to gift things people really want but wouldn't buy themselves for some reason lol

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Rocket Pan posted:

This is actually a legit technical limitation; The voice mix is done on a per user basis, you can actually have different players (in splitscreen) have different voice permissions to different players, so you hear different things. There's basically no way for the DVR to account for that because the audio has to be user independent.

I got audio fine on my clips when I made it go through the headset and speaker. This was years ago so might be different now.

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

RBX posted:

I got audio fine on my clips when I made it go through the headset and speaker. This was years ago so might be different now.

Huh. So then I wonder what's up with Quantum of Phallus then. Maybe it's based on if you direct voice audio to the TV or headset. Which makes sense, the headset is a straight up different sound device the DVR won't be recording.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Actually the PS5 will have Disgaea 6 Complete

(random niche weeb stuff is the only reason I really want a PS5 over a series, though the difference isn't as stark as it was back when the ps3 was around, mostly because Sony only cares about amerikkkan gamers now)

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Mar 28, 2022

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I just wanna play the Demons Souls remake, even more so after enjoying some Elden Ring.

e: actually what I'd really like is for bluepoint to do an optimization pass on Elden Ring, I think.

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Mar 28, 2022

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

sponges posted:

That is lovely. I just dropped over $500 bucks on a console and now I have to pay more.

Any recs on cheap compatible headsets?

Yeah, buy a bricked pair of Turtle Beach Stealth 700 gen2 off eBay and reflash the firmware.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

RBX posted:

I mean the audio from other people in your party!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

sponges posted:

What don’t you like about it? Honestly, the only reason I ordered an Xbox is I couldn’t find a ps5

I think it looks absolutely atrocious as a machine (we hide ours behind the tv), the UI feels terrible to navigate to me, the media player is absolutely terrible, Sony still don’t care about backwards compatibility, it has no quick resume, no VRR, no GamePass (yet for a few of those). I just think it was released in a totally half baked state and most importantly it only started to get big games in the last few months. I played Returnal and it was fun for a while but it didn’t look amazingly good like a lot of people claimed. I haven’t played the new Horizon yet but that looks nice. So many of the big games on it I can play on PS4. Elden Ring will keep me busy for months though.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
After 120 hours I got all of the achievements in Elden Ring. I am free. I feel empty.

hatty posted:

Dualsense is either too big or too oddly shaped. Only controller to give me a hand cramp, something not even joycons or the 3DS do

It's so funny how different folks' hands can be. The Dualsense is the first Sony controller with analog sticks that I don't find uncomfortable to hold for long periods of time. It's no Duke for the original Xbox though.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Professor Beetus posted:

I just wanna play the Demons Souls remake, even more so after enjoying some Elden Ring.

e: actually what I'd really like is for bluepoint to do an optimization pass on Elden Ring, I think.

Elden Ring kills it with atmosphere, since they've had like 15+ years of practice since then. But Demon's Souls Remake shits all over it visually.

Elden Ring on PS5 just reminds me of having another go through Dark Souls 3 when I upgraded to a PS4 Pro and the only difference was like 10-15 higher FPS average.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

The best console is the one you enjoy most, op. (XSEX)

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

enojy posted:

Elden Ring kills it with atmosphere, since they've had like 15+ years of practice since then. But Demon's Souls Remake shits all over it visually.

Elden Ring on PS5 just reminds me of having another go through Dark Souls 3 when I upgraded to a PS4 Pro and the only difference was like 10-15 higher FPS average.

It's easier to include AAAA graphics on a ps3 port.

Unless you happen to be Rockstar, then it's pretty difficult apparently.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

it’s not a port but nice troll

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Best console to have is all of them. This includes gaming PC.

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

adhuin posted:

Best console to have is all of them. This includes gaming PC.

Even the Ouya?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
They should have called the remake Demon's Soulless, on account of it being soulless. Can't wait to see how Blupoint massacres MGS next.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

way ahead of you, they took out the skateboarding

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I found demon's souls dreary and boring when it came out but enjoyed the remake a lot. Freedom from nostalgia is wonderful.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

John F Bennett posted:

Two more days until Crusader Kings is out on game pass (console). Looking forward to that one.

How difficult is it to break into this? I want to make a bunch of incest babies & get murdered in my sleep by a court jester for inappropriate relations. Not looking to "win", just have fun

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Omnikin posted:

How difficult is it to break into this? I want to make a bunch of incest babies & get murdered in my sleep by a court jester for inappropriate relations. Not looking to "win", just have fun

move to England

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Omnikin posted:

It rules and you can just have fun loving around like I did and end up with a “lucky cat” that you adopt and it ushers in years of prosperity for your realm but then it ran away and my nobles rose up to overthrow me.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

Laserface posted:

I recently got a switch again after selling one pre-pandemic and using switch/8 bit do controllers has reminded me that xbox makes the most comfortable controller. I cant never use a PS4/5 controller, or any controller, with the left stick where it is because it gives me RSI if I play for more than an hour.

i know the switch pro controller is considered the best one but honestly I just want an xbox knock off controller for switch.

e: maybe not even cos im mostly just playing Mario Golf with my friends.

Bit late but if you hack your Switch, you can use other controllers with it. I played Shin Megami Tensei V with my Elite 2 with no issues at all, though I did have to downgrade its firmware.

SpiderLink fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Mar 28, 2022

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Omnikin posted:

CK3 is perfect for that, it doesn't have strict win conditions like say Civ. It's a sim where you pick your own goal and that goal can be hanging out and doing whatever. You can spend an hour reading tooltips that teach you the mechanics of middle ages government, or you can go off like a billiard ball and see what happens.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I’m 30 hours into Elden Ring now and only just found Varre and the very first bonfire outside of the starting area, no loving clue how I missed it 🥲

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

SpiderLink posted:

Bit late but if you hack your Switch, you can use other controllers with it. I played Shin Megami Tensei V with my Elite 2 with no issues at all, though I did have to downgrade its firmware.

Also, 8Bitdo makes adapters that enable it without hacking.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09M8CVMYF

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
CDKeys have Hunt: Showdown on sale for £10.99, down from £34.99. That's for the Xbox One version. Will that get me smart delivery for a Series X version or does it run in backwards compatible mode and get me 60FPS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

WattsvilleBlues posted:

CDKeys have Hunt: Showdown on sale for £10.99, down from £34.99. That's for the Xbox One version. Will that get me smart delivery for a Series X version or does it run in backwards compatible mode and get me 60FPS?

There is only one version of that game and it is for $11 on the Xbox store.