Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

harperdc posted:

if anyone is interested, there was a real good interview/article with Guenther Steiner recently in Motorsports Magazine about leading the Ford Focus WRC program, and developing that Focus WRC in nine months. The man is smart and also so dedicated to motorsports, and I'm real happy it looks like Haas' development has paid off.

Great framing in that first video there

Thanks for sharing, fascinating stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Dutch bros living their Max Verstappen dreams including binning it into a wall.

https://twitter.com/devries_wesley/status/1508017529897340929?t=y81WXwGANk0Ip-c8W61XdA&s=19

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Hamilton poopin on the team

“Personally I feel like I maximized everything. I don’t know if we did as a team.”

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Rinkles posted:

“Personally I feel like I maximized everything. I don’t know if we did as a team.”

They didn't box him in time but he drove the car well so it's a fair assessment. It was a lot of bad luck to be fair but if Haas was able to pit in time they should've been able to.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Rinkles posted:

It's time for Mercedes to ask themselves if his toxic presence is necessary in the team, or hell, in the sport of Formula One

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

net work error posted:

They didn't box him in time but he drove the car well so it's a fair assessment. It was a lot of bad luck to be fair but if Haas was able to pit in time they should've been able to.

The radio told Hamilton to box but he did not. He said after the race he wasn't sure the pitlane was open with Ricciardo parked in it - bit it was still at that point.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Griefor posted:

The radio told Hamilton to box but he did not. He said after the race he wasn't sure the pitlane was open with Ricciardo parked in it - bit it was still at that point.

I can understand Lewis's reluctance to pit and possibly eating a penalty, but his engineers have access to more data than he does. This is not the first time he's been told to do something that he ignores and ends up suffering from. He has people working for him to give him the best possible chances of succeeding. He really should listen to them.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
They did some poor sod in the F2 for pitting when the lane was officially open - 10 second penalty put him at the back

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
I thought they only told him after it was too late and he'd driven past the entrance?

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Quizzlefish posted:

I thought they only told him after it was too late and he'd driven past the entrance?

that's what I remember, but would have to rewatch to make sure

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

harperdc posted:

if anyone is interested, there was a real good interview/article with Guenther Steiner recently in Motorsports Magazine about leading the Ford Focus WRC program, and developing that Focus WRC in nine months. The man is smart and also so dedicated to motorsports, and I'm real happy it looks like Haas' development has paid off.

This owns. Now I want to get a focus.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Sab0921 posted:

Dutch bros living their Max Verstappen dreams including binning it into a wall.

https://twitter.com/devries_wesley/status/1508017529897340929?t=y81WXwGANk0Ip-c8W61XdA&s=19

Did he die of internal bleeding?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

learnincurve posted:

They did some poor sod in the F2 for pitting when the lane was officially open - 10 second penalty put him at the back

i think they told his team it was open, but the sign said closed, and the sign trumps under the rules? still weird though the officials were culpable.

ArmedZombie fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Mar 28, 2022

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Kirios posted:

I get what you're saying but it's hard to have that opinion when we're on the doorstep of WW3.

ww3 is over if you want it

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Lolling at Lando absolutely making GBS threads on the McLaren car in the post show

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

italian quid posted:

Did he die of internal bleeding?

fuckin lol

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields

Cimber posted:

I can understand Lewis's reluctance to pit and possibly eating a penalty, but his engineers have access to more data than he does. This is not the first time he's been told to do something that he ignores and ends up suffering from. He has people working for him to give him the best possible chances of succeeding. He really should listen to them.

There have been a few odd times where he's ignored the engineers and come first, and times when he's done what they asked and they ballsed up the strategy, so that is probably in the back of his mind every time. This time he was wrong.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
They literally told him to box as he passed the pit entrance

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Aphex- posted:

They literally told him to box as he passed the pit entrance

Does the audio we receive sync up to where he was on the track? We think he was passing the pit entrance, but did he get the audio before that?

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

can't stop lolling at the 5 minute period where it seemed like all the cars were just dying.

very entertaining season so far and first points for :lando:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It's time for Mercedes to ask themselves if his toxic presence is necessary in the team, or hell, in the sport of Formula One

You’d snap him up for the Scuderia in a heartbeat though, OP.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug

Cimber posted:

Does the audio we receive sync up to where he was on the track? We think he was passing the pit entrance, but did he get the audio before that?

If it's anything like last year the radio audio is noticeably delayed

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Lewis doesn’t need formula 1

Formula 1 has needed Lewis tho

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
I thought he complained about them telling him too late?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Formula One needs Lewis, to go. He is toxic and giving everyone very negative vibes.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Not a bad week in fantasy :smug:

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

harperdc posted:

You’d snap him up for the Scuderia in a heartbeat though, OP.

the scud's got charleses, they don't need scamilton

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Dictator. posted:

the scud's got charleses, they don't need scamilton

Plus we already did the whole going in style schtick with Kimi and Seb. No more old fuckers please.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Theophany posted:

Plus we already did the whole going in style schtick with Kimi and Seb. No more old fuckers please.

Fraudnando should go before Lewis does.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

boop the snoot posted:

Fraudnando should go before Lewis does.

To the top of the podium? I agree OP.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Alonso is the real GOAT

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I believe in Lewis op. While the racist thread may be ready to throw him under the bus. I will support him until the end.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

McLaren and Lewis both own

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

ethanol posted:

I believe in Lewis op. While the racist thread may be ready to throw him under the bus. I will support him until the end.

Hell yeah op count me in as #TeamLH

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Lewis is a good person and he is having a positive impact on both the paddock and F1 in general, but if he never won a race again I would be fine with it.

[edit] Rebus, if you had good correlation between CFD data and wind tunnel data, could you design and build functional aero surfaces just from CFD without testing them in the wind tunnel at all? Or is wind tunnel time a requirement for getting parts on a car? Are there things that only wind tunnel time can show? (Navier-Stokes turbulence data aside, of course)

MustardFacial fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Mar 28, 2022

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

i hope sir lewis gets in there (there being haas, go haas)

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Most Hamilton thing ever

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I will never besmirch Sir Lewis Hamilton the person but this is a pivotal season for my opinion on #44 Lewis Hamilton the driver.

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

kampen mot gud og hvite krist er i gang
Grimey Drawer

harperdc posted:

Well what I learned from this article is Guenther Steiner is Italian. Combining that with Binotto being Swiss is truly loving me up today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

edgar_ posted:

Well what I learned from this article is Guenther Steiner is Italian. Combining that with Binotto being Swiss is truly loving me up today

Oh poo poo he's from Tyrol. I lived near there. It is weird that the road signs are in German but I didn't meet anyone as Germanic seeming as Guenther