Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Today on the lowest low stakes AITA

AITA for not eating the bread part of a calzone and only eating the meatballs and cheese?

quote:

Yesterday I (15F) went to a pizza restaurant with my mom and dad. My parents got a pizza and I got a meatball calzone, which was rlly huge! When it came out I cut it in half and still thought it was too big, so I cut the sides open so I could open it up. I did that and the first half of it I ate all the meatballs and cheese, there were only 2 meatballs in it cut in half then I put my opened one on the pan and grabbed the other half because I actually wanted to eat the other half's guts.

My mom asked what in the world I was doing and I said I just want the insides and not the bread and she started saying I need to eat the whole thing and people are going to think I'm weird (mom, I am!). I started cutting open the other half to get to the meat and she got even more mad at me and said she wasn't going to take me anywhere ever again if I keep acting like this because it's embarrassing.

I couldn't believe she was mad at me because I wasn't eating the bread and had a little bit of a
silent tantrum and just stopped eating and sat there until they were done. We didn't talk the rest of the night and when we got home I just took a shower and immediately went to bed.

Reddit of course decided this 15 year old kid being a kid is an rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

AITA for not allowing my girlfriends sister to move in and changing the locks?

Not the rear end in a top hat.

I'm again baffled by people who just give out keys to family members "just in case".

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Arsenic Lupin posted:

AITA for firing the babysitter for being a bad influence

Guess how much they're paying this paragon to sit 5 kids, 3 of them not potty trained?
$25/hour

Update: My wife was able to get through to Adeline. She will come back for $45 an hour and we will be getting her a car.

At least that part got fixed!

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Absurd Alhazred posted:

AITA for not allowing my girlfriends sister to move in and changing the locks?

guy shoulda kicked the gf out with her sister, 'cuz the relationship is done at this point

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

8one6 posted:

I'm again baffled by people who just give out keys to family members "just in case".
He's probably nuking his relationship, but frankly it's worth it.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Hughlander posted:

AITA for not eating the bread part of a calzone and only eating the meatballs and cheese?

My brain flip-flopped which parts she was and was not eating the first time I read the title, and I was just :supaburn::supaburn::supaburn:

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Foo Diddley posted:

guy shoulda kicked the gf out with her sister, 'cuz the relationship is done at this point

Yeah, it's too bad because it's not Ashton's "fault" per se, and she might even be a really good girlfriend in most ways, but if she isn't going to put her foot down with her sister there's no way forward for this guy.

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Evil Willow posted:

Double post, but this one is too good to pass up!

AITA for being mad at my gf for acting undignified?

There have been some incredible owns in the past few pages. Confident laugher, for instance. Now, the confidently human.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

8one6 posted:

my parents insisted that i needed copies of their house keys, I think it's from back in the day when it was socially acceptable to drop by unannounced for a coffee or w/e

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Captain Hygiene posted:

My brain flip-flopped which parts she was and was not eating the first time I read the title, and I was just :supaburn::supaburn::supaburn:
Nah, that would make perfect sense. Eat that delicious cheesy saucy bread, save the bulk of the sauce and meat to put on some spaghetti later.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Hughlander posted:

Reddit of course decided this 15 year old kid being a kid is an rear end in a top hat.
I love when people try to use either "weird" or "what will people think" to control someone who doesn't care about either of those things.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I can’t find the girl who suspects her sugar daddy is trans because he’s not a complete rear end in a top hat about her having a period one anyone remember the title?

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Hughlander posted:

When I saw '15F' I was really concerned this was going to be some kind of disordered eating thing but nah lmao mom's just a weirdo

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Zoomers are into slime. Slime is cool. You can make it in your kitchen with household ingredients.

I don’t know nearly enough to tell you why slime, but slime being a term of endearment is not a surprise to me.

Boy, have I got a story for you...

The Glue Famine (long read, worth it)

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

blatman posted:

my parents insisted that i needed copies of their house keys, I think it's from back in the day when it was socially acceptable to drop by unannounced for a coffee or w/e

To start with it's generally so you can get in if they're away and there's a house issue. After they get to a certain age it becomes so you don't have to kick the door down to recover whatever is left after the cats have finished eating 'em. Elderly neighbours with no local relatives will do it for the same reason (AMA ABOUT FINDING A BODY).

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

darkwasthenight posted:

To start with it's generally so you can get in if they're away and there's a house issue. After they get to a certain age it becomes so you don't have to kick the door down to recover whatever is left after the cats have finished eating 'em. Elderly neighbours with no local relatives will do it for the same reason (AMA ABOUT FINDING A BODY).

:frogon:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

darkwasthenight posted:

i'm ready for this derail :munch:

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

8one6 posted:

It’s fine if your family members have any respect for boundaries at all. But that assumes it’s your house and not someone else’s.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Me and my eldest sister have copies of my parent's house key. Me because I live closest, my eldest sister because she's nominally the executor of their estate. But we all know ways of getting into the house in case of an emergency because they've been the same since we were kids. Though that's mainly because my parents have repeatedly told us we're always welcome at home, and always protest when we thank them for hosting us for holidays and the like, because to them it's just what's expected.

The situation is vastly different when you're giving out copies of your boyfriend's house key to your Sister so she has a place to crash with her 3 kids.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

darkwasthenight posted:

(AMA ABOUT FINDING A BODY).

so was the body the rear end in a top hat, or were you?

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

darkwasthenight posted:

holy poo poo

edit: honestly they're real old so you're more than likely right about the cat thing

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Johnny Truant posted:

Or the cats

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Or the cats

Cats are always assholes and always BABY

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

blatman posted:

LOL it still is socially acceptable for people who aren’t shut-ins.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Cats are always assholes and always BABY

tbf babies are also assholes, we just know they'll get better later (probably)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

e: misread
IATA

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

therobit posted:

it really depends on who's dropping by

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

therobit posted:

i'm a raging extrovert and if someone tried this i'd be super ruffled

edit: this is more than likely heavily regional too

blatman fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Mar 28, 2022

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

8one6 posted:

You can often buy old keys at Salvation Army stores, just grab handfuls of them from whatever bowl they're being kept in for a couple bucks.

Every person who insists on a copy of my keys "just in case" or "everyone in the family has each others' keys in case of an emergency" has a different set of keys and it makes me so happy.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I aint buying some sort of acronym for Slatt when Slattern is right there and is a venerable ye olde english insult for a woman who likes fun

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Whatup my slimes wanna hit my vape and do Minecraft steams

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Johnny Truant posted:

I am but for unrelated reasons to bodies.

We had a 95 year old neighbour with a son three hundred miles away and a habit of leaving his phone off the hook. Got used to a call every couple of months saying they hadn't heard from him in a few days and we'd rock paper scissors for who was on body gamble this time round. I eventually lost. He didn't have cats luckily.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Hughlander posted:

Maybe not the rear end in a top hat but sure as hell the idiot; crust is the best part of the calzone (just had one last night, by chance)!

Still cracking up over the posts couple of pages ago about the gf ripping farts

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I gave a friend of mine who lives about a mile away a copy of my house key, just in case my dumbass locks myself out. The thought has literally never crossed my mind that they'd use it when I'm not there, or even period, really, lol

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Foo Diddley posted:

yum yum bet my sister would like a bite of this hand that feeds me

JackSplater
Nov 20, 2014

Metal Coat? It's already active?!
I have a copy of a friend's house key because she lives 5 minutes away and if she ever locks her keys inside then I can just go unlock it for her. Or feed her cats if she gets stuck working a double out of nowhere.

The important distinction is she wanted me to have the key, and I didn't just go out and make myself a copy of it without her permission.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Mellow Seas posted:

Yeah, it's too bad because it's not Ashton's "fault" per se, and she might even be a really good girlfriend in most ways, but if she isn't going to put her foot down with her sister there's no way forward for this guy.

The problem is that most people will do an endless "sunk cost fallacy waltz" with their family members. It actually takes a significant amount of effort to tell family to gently caress off and stay away.

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
My SIL has a copy of my house key for emergencies or house sitting purposes. She lives in town and is super trustworthy and has never ever come over without calling or asking us first and I don't think she ever would without good reason. My sister is an irresponsible train wreck who doesn't even know where I live and will never ever get a key. I don't understand people who give keys out to anyone that is family, that's just asking for trouble.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'm still missing some poster's key situations on my excel sheet, will need at least 30 more reports on this subject to get enough data points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I've never been asked to hold someone's house key in case of emergency, but my lockpick set seems to get me through just fine