Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

U-DO Burger posted:

having your own kids innocently diss you is one of the great joys of parenting

my 5yr old told me last night I can change the Apple TV channel when she’s dead. do not interrupt her Pokémon Sun and moon binge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Ours mostly have settled into one preferring me, one preferring her, but every so often they swap, or one of us needs to do both bedtimes, or whatever, and oh my the recriminations and fussing and stabbing in the heart.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Little soup goes back and forth between mom and I for certain things and I love it, but she definitely prefers mom

Hell I don't blame you kid she is pretty awesome

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Toddler has become an infuriating alfresco shitter. Won't poop at home, but second his feet hit grass at the park it's a short ride to brown town.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Little one is now climbing everything, stacking huge towers of blocks, loves grabbing us by the hand to lead us places, and sprints until she faceplants

She rules lol

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
i asked my son what he was gonna do when he grows up and he said he doesnt want to get a job

when i asked him what he was going to do for money he, in detail, told me about his plans to drill into a bank vault based on the bob dylan song rosemary, lily and the jack of hearts

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
I feel these times are effecting kids in strange ways. At the park, my 3yo said she'd found the corona virus:

Proceeded to chase her older sibling with it, advising she'd need a mask to avoid catching it.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Elissimpark posted:

I feel these times are effecting kids in strange ways. At the park, my 3yo said she'd found the corona virus:

Proceeded to chase her older sibling with it, advising she'd need a mask to avoid catching it.

This is hilarious.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
my sister had a baby boy last night but they haven't picked out a name yet, my 7 year old son had some suggestions:

Brandon
Enrique
Alphonso-Spaghetti

we are not Italian or Hispanic

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Welcome to the world, Alphonso-Spaghetti

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

The Nastier Nate posted:

Alphonso-Spaghetti

Glorious. If I ever need to hide from the mob in South America, I got an alias.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

The Nastier Nate posted:

my sister had a baby boy last night but they haven't picked out a name yet, my 7 year old son had some suggestions:

Brandon
Enrique
Alphonso-Spaghetti

we are not Italian or Hispanic

We named all our kids after where they were conceived: Paris, Chevy and Spaghetti.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I know this is first world blah blah white people problems but the school my older kid goes to just told us his little brother is too maldeveloped to attend kindergarten there next year.

God dammit he's loving five. He's fine.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I know this is first world blah blah white people problems but the school my older kid goes to just told us his little brother is too maldeveloped to attend kindergarten there next year.

what the gently caress, do they think he's gonna be starting fires or something

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
specifically they said he is speech delayed (he has a stutter and he's in speech therapy already) and that his fine/gross motor skills are delayed.

i dunno it's just loving frustrating that we can't have both of our kids go to the same goddamn location.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

that's stupid, if they're concerned about him being behind they should enroll him and then give him extra attention. denying enrollment in kindergarten sounds so counterproductive. sorry your school is run by assholes

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I don't think this is legal if it's a public school.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

it's not a public school.

the whole reason we were prioritizing this school is because he has a bunch of allergies and the public schools here gently caress up enough that we are legit concerned they'll put him in the hospital on accident.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Ugh that sucks. I'd be pissed too.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

it's not a public school.

the whole reason we were prioritizing this school is because he has a bunch of allergies and the public schools here gently caress up enough that we are legit concerned they'll put him in the hospital on accident.

Ah that sucks. I am sorry. I had a student that I taught math to over the phone because his food allergy was so severe he could not be on campus.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Another Bill posted:

My kid had to dress up like thier favorite character from a book for school today and mine dressed up as Jon Arbuckle. It's hilarious but I need to get this kid reading some better books.
lmao

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

in the same week my stepdaughter went carpool karaokeing and then she got her permit bless you all with youngins

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Elissimpark posted:

Hahah this is amazing

Sandtrout Catsuit
Feb 15, 2008

They were all over his body now. He could feel the pulse of his blood against the living membrane.
Today my 3 year-old saw a police car and said "careful police; don't shoot anybody!"

I'm so proud.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sandtrout Catsuit posted:

Today my 3 year-old saw a police car and said "careful police; don't shoot anybody!"

I'm so proud.

You're a good parent

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Cocomelon gives me serious Brazilian content farm vibes and i can't help but avoid it in favor of sesame street

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
I texted my 14 y/o daughter and she replied "lol rip". I'm glad she's picking on my mannerisms.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Good soup! posted:

Cocomelon gives me serious Brazilian content farm vibes and i can't help but avoid it in favor of sesame street

Yeah I will veto cocomelon. Our oldest used to watch this thing called coilbook which I found less offensive than cocomelon. Even though it has the same vibes. He's found paw patrol and now that's all he ever wants to watch.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

we are finally putting our youngest back into day care and due to covid they now have hours of 8am-5pm which loving sucks.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

we are finally putting our youngest back into day care and due to covid they now have hours of 8am-5pm which loving sucks.

I mean that’s way better than it could be. out here preschool is like we have tues/thur 930 to 1230 only that be 1000 dollars a month.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Bar Ran Dun posted:

I mean that’s way better than it could be. out here preschool is like we have tues/thur 930 to 1230 only that be 1000 dollars a month.

Check for municipal programs. We just got our 3 year old into a city sponsored urban garden preschool that had a prepandemic wait list of 5 years and now they're struggling to fill seats.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

After being spoiled by the baby sleeping from 7 to 7, she has now decided that 5:30 is her new wakeup time and there will be no deviations

I am pro sleep and take no pleasure in reporting this

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
yeah sleep schedules can change suddenly and without warning. Ours' sleep has been consistent since she turned 2. The only issue is it's consistently "stay up until 10-11pm, then half the time wake up for an hour or two at 3am as well, then sleep until 8"

At least she'll just chill in her room with her toys so it's not a big deal yet. Any day now she's going to get bored and come climb into our bed though I can feel it

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

My kid really likes watching a Russian cartoon (Masha and the bear). I am not particularly fond of Russia these days. On one hand, I feel like I should probably boycott Russian media, but I really don't know how to explain global politics to a 4 year old in a way that makes him okay with losing his favourite show. Plus, it's actually the best thing he's watching in terms of content, with the primary competition being paw patrol. I also don't know if it's actually supporting the Russian government, since it's on Netflix anyway.

It's not a big thing, but I kinda needed to vent it somewhere...

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

are there like, offensive messages in the show, or are you just getting whiny because someone in russia made a decent show for kids

i've had no problems separating kids' shows made in the united states from its genocidal foreign policy, don't see why this should be different unless masha and the bear has some awful content you haven't brought up

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

No particularly awful content that I am aware of, no. Just a vague feeling of unease about anything Russian, especially since I think there's a lot of interaction between media and government in general, even if I don't know if it applies to cartoons.

And yeah, compared to the wonderful messages of paw patrol, it's probably the last thing I should worry about.

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

BonHair posted:

My kid really likes watching a Russian cartoon (Masha and the bear). I am not particularly fond of Russia these days. On one hand, I feel like I should probably boycott Russian media, but I really don't know how to explain global politics to a 4 year old in a way that makes him okay with losing his favourite show. Plus, it's actually the best thing he's watching in terms of content, with the primary competition being paw patrol. I also don't know if it's actually supporting the Russian government, since it's on Netflix anyway.

It's not a big thing, but I kinda needed to vent it somewhere...

Lmao dude no loving way source your quotes

Struensee
Nov 9, 2011
My 3 y/o son recently requested we watch John Dillermand (penisman), they're guaranteed more wholesome than anything else you can find elsewhere. Too bad for you they're in Danish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3sGocnMP3A

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009

BonHair posted:

No particularly awful content that I am aware of, no. Just a vague feeling of unease about anything Russian, especially since I think there's a lot of interaction between media and government in general, even if I don't know if it applies to cartoons.

This is some sick poo poo. Please take your child outside and touch grass together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
But be careful, in case the grass is Russian