Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

indigi posted:

haha, this is so crazy!!

Calm down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

loquacius posted:

this is healthy

a man slapped a man for saying something bad about his wife, they were both rich and famous men but the slap has no further significance

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

yeah, this incident is a good litmus test for self-diagnosis of Takebrain. We don't have to use this as a lens to talk about some larger topic, it can just be a funny thing that happened.

Just laugh at the psychotic tweets you idiots.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

since when could I be accused of thinking you shouldn't laugh at psychotic tweets :confused:

just agreeing that they're psychotic

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

PostIsTrash :smug:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1508413391232249865

e: dangit twitter crop :argh:

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

if this prevents even one person from doing stand up...... consider it harm reduction

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

speng31b posted:

if the only coherent response my brain can make is "haha lol" what does that mean about me politically

'Hah lol' is a surface level response. Like what are you laughing it.

Black on black - Republican
Rich on rich - Communist.
Pedophile on pedophile - Xaris
Childhood Hero on Childhood hero 90's kids / lib?

loquacius posted:

I firmly and unironically believe one's ability to separate pop-cultural fluff from stuff that legitimately and materially matters is a key driver of one's political issues in the 21st-century West because of how much of our waking hours is spent thinking about meaningless media bullshit

It's baked into people's brain to take their stories and build their values off of it. You take away the supernatural poo poo from religion, and it's just loving weird pop culture. There's a Dragon in revelations.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

thread title

speng31b
May 8, 2010

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

'Hah lol' is a surface level response. Like what are you laughing it.

Black on black - Republican
Rich on rich - Communist.
Pedophile on pedophile - Xaris
Childhood Hero on Childhood hero 90's kids / lib?

what if it's none of the above and just yakety sax slapstick because i have no strong feelings about either of the parties involved, but find some of the takes on twitter to be funnier than the thing itself

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

beautiful

https://twitter.com/dremilyportermd/status/1508449997641109509

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

this is will smith, the guy who made family friendly rap. let him rough chris rock up a bit. im all for it. in fact, violence should be allowed, nay, encouraged at the oscars.

but coda, eh? what the hell was that all about.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
the only person who can adjudicate a dispute between Will Smith and Chris Rock is Eddie Murphy

speng31b
May 8, 2010

important question, has anyone made the slap into an NFT yet?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

R. Mute posted:

this is will smith, the guy who made family friendly rap. let him rough chris rock up a bit. im all for it. in fact, violence should be allowed, nay, encouraged at the oscars.

but coda, eh? what the hell was that all about.
this is all part of the gritty rebranding of will smith

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

next time im watching will smith being a tough guy in a movie i won't be thinking "it's for the look, i don't light it" but "he's going to tear through these terrorists like he tore through chris rock. this man isn't even acting, he's a psychopath"

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Just Cruising (To Your House to Give You Five Across The Face)

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
If you want to OD on funny slap talk, this Pro Tekken player talks about it for almost 4 hours.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1439047461

"Yeah we saw that joke. Look at this guy talking about old rear end hour 1 jokes. Look at the time. It's Hour 3 already."

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/leftieeee/status/1508505830991220742?t=gjF9jGplB5Aqtm8NfaHZgw&s=19

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

absolutely exquisite, how do you top this

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Soup du Jour posted:

absolutely exquisite, how do you top this

by making it private afterward apparently

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Just in case nobody thought ahead and screenshotted, that was the "if Will Smith had slapped Betty White instead of Chris Rock, and she had then fallen backward and hit her head on the floor and bled to death, nobody would think this was so funny" take

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

oh, so you think this was "funny" and "lol" eh? What if instead of hitting Chris Rock, Will Smith had crashed an airliner full of civilians into the World Trade Center, killing thousands? Not so funny now, is it?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I dunno it'd probably be kind of funny

e: posted this at the same time as that second post but whatever I'll stand by it

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Buck Wildman posted:

by making it private afterward apparently

i got you

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

loquacius posted:

oh, so you think this was "funny" and "lol" eh? What if instead of hitting Chris Rock, Will Smith had crashed an airliner full of civilians into the World Trade Center, killing thousands? Not so funny now, is it?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

honestly a dying betty white choosing to go out on her own terms by burning will smith's ex on international live tv would come dangerously close to actually making me tune in

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

chris rock gets some fresh material and the national spotlight, will smith gets fawning for standing up for his wife (and then the oscar), the oscars get to be the center of attention, the chattering class gets to chatter, twitter gets a spike in activity, aspiring stand-ups think twice about going on stage......... everybody wins

except the williams family

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

white opening the envelope containing her death poem and soberly reading aloud before turning to jada with a poo poo eating smirk

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there
western animation has been poo poo ever since home movies got canceled. give me vaguely depressing mostly improvised slice of life stories with fugly animation or give me death.

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there
look me in the face and tell me coach mcguirk isn't the best animated character ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mssM3cnAlk&t=184s

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

"how's it going GI Jane" the katana of her second flashes downward and the camera pans over the entire audience weeping at the beauty of it

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

What if, seconds before Will Smith's slap connected, he suddenly manifested the power of the God Hand

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Will Smith murdering a centenarian on live TV would absolutely be hilarious

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Srice posted:

What if, seconds before Will Smith's slap connected, he suddenly manifested the power of the God Hand

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Mantis42 posted:

Will Smith murdering a centenarian on live TV would absolutely be hilarious
I think he'd have a good chance at becoming president.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

if he had literally murdered someone the takes would be way more measured IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

loquacius posted:

Just in case nobody thought ahead and screenshotted, that was the "if Will Smith had slapped Betty White instead of Chris Rock, and she had then fallen backward and hit her head on the floor and bled to death, nobody would think this was so funny" take

that would be very funny though